World How accurate is the 2011 TV show to the comics?

Spooderman

Civilian
Reaction score
So I was thinking of watching the TV show as an introduction to the franchise, and I would like to know how accurate it is in adapting the work. Things like the character personalities, bringing story arcs from the comics, and capturing the tone of the comics.

Do you mean the animated series?

i'd say it's very accurate. it's definitely inspired by Geoff Johns run. a couple of the main characters on the show aren't from the comics (Aya, Razer) but they were both nicely fleshed out characters and i didn't mind that they weren't from the comics.

The show should've lasted way longer.. or it should've at least gotten a second season

It was freaking quality, even another 13 episodes would have been nice (ditto for Young a Justice)

Yeah, even thought it's technically one season, it acts as essentially two 13-episode storylines (which, in the 90s, was standard for a kids cartoon season). I would have been happy with just 13 more, but it definitely needed more.

I just finished watching it right now in case anyone can't tell ;)

Who knows where it could have gone. Maybe an earth-bound tale or two with John Stewart before heading out to space with Razer finding Aya again, etc. Really, there's loads of room for more stories. Shame it got canceled. Even a bigger shame that the biggest reason it got canceled is the Ryan Reynolds movie took up all the GL toy sales so the show didn't make any.

I haven't watched it (not sure why), but after reading this, I think I'll have to look it up.

Yes and it is one of the best cartoons ever, it is dark, mature and has big ongoing stories. Just a shame it got cancelled after 26 episodes, but that was due to the failure of the bad 2011 movie.

That movie messed so much stuff up. It's a true shame that one bad movie can wreak so much havoc on a franchise.

I enjoyed it a great deal. There are two animated films that give a great depiction of Hal Jordan; Justice League: The New Frontier and Green Lantern: First Flight. As was the case with Green Lantern: The Animated Series, these movies were produced by Bruce Timm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"