How long will it be before ALL comics are $3.99

Sentry2k2

Civilian
Reaction score
As I'm sure many of you have noticed, many of Marvel's comics are now $3.99. I've noticed most of their mini-series and one-shots are all $3.99. Now, how long will it be until all their monthly books are $3.99? I read somewhere recently that Top Cow (I think) committed to keeping their books at $2.99 for 2009. That seems like a sign that by 2010, all books will be $3.99. How will this change your buying patterns? I will probably subscribe to some books to cut costs as they usually cost $1.67 per issue with a subscription. This will allow me try different titles or mini-series.

It's something that will happen sooner than later. It shouldn't surprise anyone, and I really don't see why people are getting angry about this. Costs are going up across the board, frankly I'm surprised it took them this long. On the other hand, a more gradual price hike would have been better IMO, maybe to $3.50.

I'm going to cut back on some of my comics. Basically, if I have the slightest reason to drop something now, I'll drop it. No second chances, no "let me just see if it gets better in a few issues," just dropped.

We Canucks are already paying anywhere from 3.50 to 3.90 for every ongoing since Marvel took the CDN price off.

I've cut my weeklies a great deal and have started seeking out more trades as a result.I started to hate that feeling of having to pick up my weeklies even though I may have been in the mood to read something else.

I'm going to cut back on some of my comics. Basically, if I have the slightest reason to drop something now, I'll drop it. No second chances, no "let me just see if it gets better in a few issues," just dropped.
my thoughts exactly.I've already dropped alot of books i read before. poor WonderWoman,unless it's like a "Dark Knight returns" issue she aint got a snowball's chance with me. That's why all these big events books are done too. Unless it's it's some good story telling and not just a cheap gimmick I'm done with those.

Wonder Woman may get cut from my list, too. Simone's run has been good, but it hasn't grabbed me the way I thought it would. When Simone was announced as the writer, everyone was like, "Simone? Wonder Woman? MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!" Turns out not so much. I don't know if it's because of the mess that was dropped in her lap by Heinberg and that novel writer whose name I can't remember's terrible runs or what, but Simone's Wonder Woman has been decent with a side of meh.

Yeah the logic was Simone=Woman, Wonder Woman=Woman, Simone=Wonder Woman. FAIL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"