• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

How long will it be before ALL comics are $3.99

Sentry2k2

Civilian
Reaction score
As I'm sure many of you have noticed, many of Marvel's comics are now $3.99. I've noticed most of their mini-series and one-shots are all $3.99. Now, how long will it be until all their monthly books are $3.99? I read somewhere recently that Top Cow (I think) committed to keeping their books at $2.99 for 2009. That seems like a sign that by 2010, all books will be $3.99. How will this change your buying patterns? I will probably subscribe to some books to cut costs as they usually cost $1.67 per issue with a subscription. This will allow me try different titles or mini-series.

It's something that will happen sooner than later. It shouldn't surprise anyone, and I really don't see why people are getting angry about this. Costs are going up across the board, frankly I'm surprised it took them this long. On the other hand, a more gradual price hike would have been better IMO, maybe to $3.50.

I'm going to cut back on some of my comics. Basically, if I have the slightest reason to drop something now, I'll drop it. No second chances, no "let me just see if it gets better in a few issues," just dropped.

We Canucks are already paying anywhere from 3.50 to 3.90 for every ongoing since Marvel took the CDN price off.

I've cut my weeklies a great deal and have started seeking out more trades as a result.I started to hate that feeling of having to pick up my weeklies even though I may have been in the mood to read something else.

I'm going to cut back on some of my comics. Basically, if I have the slightest reason to drop something now, I'll drop it. No second chances, no "let me just see if it gets better in a few issues," just dropped.
my thoughts exactly.I've already dropped alot of books i read before. poor WonderWoman,unless it's like a "Dark Knight returns" issue she aint got a snowball's chance with me. That's why all these big events books are done too. Unless it's it's some good story telling and not just a cheap gimmick I'm done with those.

Wonder Woman may get cut from my list, too. Simone's run has been good, but it hasn't grabbed me the way I thought it would. When Simone was announced as the writer, everyone was like, "Simone? Wonder Woman? MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!" Turns out not so much. I don't know if it's because of the mess that was dropped in her lap by Heinberg and that novel writer whose name I can't remember's terrible runs or what, but Simone's Wonder Woman has been decent with a side of meh.

Yeah the logic was Simone=Woman, Wonder Woman=Woman, Simone=Wonder Woman. FAIL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"