Age of Ultron How much screentime did each Avenger get? (Spoilers!)

I also felt that AoU had a much better balance of characters than the first Avengers. Screen time may show Cap and Stark dominating yet again but it certainly didn't feel that way, I thought most of the cast got a solid chance to shine.

And this has to include things like Hulkbuster taking out Hulk and Tony saving the day once again? It was just too much in this I am afraid.
It wasn't just Tony - Vision and Thor were instrumental as well IIRC correctly (it's been a week and I've only seen it once).

I also had an issue with the Hulkbuster knocking out the Hulk but on second viewing I realized that at that exact point Wanda's spell is wearing off and you see Banner reemerging and looking around with regret. Iron Man totally sucker punched him at that moment so the Hulk persona had no time to return by getting angry and absorbing the blow. I had a similar thought in The Winter Soldier when Project Insight had Banner on the kill list. If he never saw it coming he would've been dead. Banner tried to commit suicide in the The Incredible Hulk's deleted scenes but failed because Hulk knew Banner was trying to kill him (referenced in the Avengers so I take it as canon). But if he never sees it coming?

As an aside, I actually like how the MCU has tempered Hulk's powers because in the comics he's so over powered at times it's ridiculous. Audiences just can't get invested in a character that can never be beaten nor can they feel any tension about an outcome. In TIH you actually see Hulk having a hard time beating Abomination because he simply just can't get angry enough. That's an intriguing weakness to exploit.

I also had an issue with the Hulkbuster knocking out the Hulk but on second viewing I realized that at that exact point Wanda's spell is wearing off and you see Banner reemerging and looking around with regret. Iron Man totally sucker punched him at that moment so the Hulk persona had no time to return by getting angry and absorbing the blow. I had a similar thought in The Winter Soldier when Project Insight had Banner on the kill list. If he never saw it coming he would've been dead. Banner tried to commit suicide in the The Incredible Hulk's deleted scenes but failed because Hulk knew Banner was trying to kill him (referenced in the Avengers so I take it as canon). But if he never sees it coming?

As an aside, I actually like how the MCU has tempered Hulk's powers because in the comics he's so over powered at times it's ridiculous. Audiences just can't get invested in a character that can never be beaten nor can they feel any tension about an outcome. In TIH you actually see Hulk having a hard time beating Abomination because he simply just can't get angry enough. That's an intriguing weakness to exploit.

Hmmm, if that was the case, how come no one thought of just using a sniper? Or, it could be that no one did think of that, or really wanted him dead. Kind of like Cap. They could have killed him in TWS elevator scene if they really wanted to, but they just wanted to have him captured and alive.

Back when The Avengers came out, Stark was by far the most popular Avenger. In just three years, Cap has caught up to him or even overtaken him in popularity. That's pretty remarkable.

I'd like to see a poll of the GA right now to see who is more popular. When they announced Civil War, I remember the fans cheering for Cap over IM. After Civil War, it's likely that Stark will become even less popular.

LOL, no.

Among fanboys, Cap has always been and will always be more popular.

Among the GA, Iron Man will be more will always be more popular and Cap will not catch up to him, unless they replace Robert Downey Jr.

LOL, no.

Among the GA, Iron Man will be more will always be more popular and Cap will not catch up to him, unless they replace Robert Downey Jr.

Yeah that does seem to be true. Still, I'd like to see a legit poll of the GA to see what people really think. I do think Cap made serious gains in popularity after TWS.

LOL, no.

Which they will, but I don't think it will make much difference. Audiences, or at least American audiences, will almost always prefer the charming cool rogue to the clean cut boy scout. We see this in franchise after franchise.

This is nothing new either. Characters like Rhett Butler and Rick Blaine were always far more popular than Ashley Wilkes or Victor Laszlo.

Last edited:
It wasn't just Tony - Vision and Thor were instrumental as well IIRC correctly (it's been a week and I've only seen it once).

They were, I just hated the Iron Man love in in this movie, I have never minded it before but it just OTT in this movie and I got sick of the character.

Prolly 4 or 5 minutes of Thor was cut. And a few minutes from each of the twins.

I'd like to see Ultron's number in comparison, not including drones.

Also, did that article say Quicksilver's power was slowing down time? :whatever:

Last edited:
Hmmm, if that was the case, how come no one thought of just using a sniper?

I suspect that sniping him with an ordinary rifle would just lead to Banner turning into the Hulk anyway. Maybe if you sniped him with something much bigger, sufficient to instantly turn him into a fine red mist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"