How will Toriyama's 'sucessors' react?

YÅ«gi's BM

Nyotaika PreCure!
Reaction score
As we should all know by now Toriyama-san has many 'sucessors' or rather Mangaka (authors of Japanese comics) that have been very infulenced by both he and his work, specifically Dragonball. I'd say it is pretty evident that Eiichiro Oda--creator of One Piece--has made himself the most vocal of Toriyama fanboys. I mean good golly miss molly, look at this beauty:

gokuoda.jpg

That's some sexy art right there if I do say so myself. I can just imagine myself reading an interview with Oda in a year or so and him either completely loving the film or hating it like there is no tommorow.

What do you guys think?

I don't see how one.. relates to the other. . .

I dont see what this has to do with the film, or what you are getting at, but that is one awesome pic. Goku looks so much like monkey d luffy! one piece FTW!!!

The guys--who are both popular Manga authors--are publically fans of the Dragonball story. Really big fans. Heck, Oda cried when Kuririn was killed during the Piccolo Daimaô story arc. I'm simply asking, how do you think these guys would react to what we currently know about the films less then faithful approach.

that's a cool drawing. i'm not sure how his successors will react because it depends where their priorities lie. if they don't mind liberties and half-assed attempts then they'll probably be thrilled that a live action DB movie is being made at all, but if they're expecting the movie to be as fantastical as the cartoons then they'll probably end up disappointed.

that's a cool drawing. i'm not sure how his successors will react because it depends where their priorities lie. if they don't mind liberties and half-assed attempts then they'll probably be thrilled that a live action DB movie is being made at all, but if they're expecting the movie to be as fantastical as the cartoons then they'll probably end up disappointed.
Once again your bias shows. :whatever:

All things considered his 'sucessors' (well, to the King of Shônen Manga title I mean) would probably see the movie multiple times and complain about it on the internet. Like the geeks they are![/bad laugh]

This thread is kind of... unnecessary. Especially now. The movie doesn't even have a promo pic yet.

Well hey, lord forbid I propose the looking into and predicting of how those influenced by Dragonball and are now big names themselves feel about the less than flattering adaptation of such a big influence in said persons' lives and careers.

Yūgi's BM;14032687 said:
Well hey, lord forbid I propose the looking into and predicting of how those influenced by Dragonball and are now big names themselves feel about the less than flattering adaptation of such a big influence in said persons' lives and careers.
The thing is, how the hell would any of us know? We don't know any of them on a personal level.

quit trying to stifle discussions. if you don't wanna talk about it then don't talk about it, but don't go around saying it's pointless to talk about it.

quit trying to stifle discussions. if you don't wanna talk about it then don't talk about it, but don't go around saying it's pointless to talk about it.
Ok. Well this can only go one or two ways:

1) They like it or at least think it's entertaining
2) They hate it

But fine, discuss away. :cwink:

(And all this debate is getting silly without anything official out yet besides casting notes).

Speculation or even the possibility of it being brought up in a future interview? Hey, I just thought it was worth the discussion all things considered. These are Dragonball fans just like us...'cept they're mainly sucessful authors now who clearly show just how much Dragonball has influence and pushed them to a goal.

It all depends. I don't know what they would say, but I would love to see it all unfold, lol! Especially the One Piece mangaka!

i'm sure they could care less. they're probably wondering why their own thing doesn't have a movie, or glad that they don't.

well i'm not sure. but that's what i'm thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"