How would you do a Warriors Three One-Shot?

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
I know I'm not alone in this, but I've thought for a long time that a Warriors Three One-Shot (or TV special) would be a great idea. The question is, how would you do it? Who should the antagonist be? Obviously, it's gotta be something relatively low budget. They aren't going to be able to have Fafnir the dragon or anything like that.

My first thought was Lorelei. Not only would it tie in Agents of SHIELD, but it would allow the character to have greater use now that she's back on Asgard. On the other hand, there's something problematic with three male characters going after the character who can entrance any male. Her sister Amora crossed my mind, but I think she's too big of a heavy hitter and should be saved for a movie.

The final idea that crossed my mind is the Queen of Nornheim - Karnilla. I think she could be a lot of fun. Her powers and land could be portrayed easily on a television budget (think Hercules or Xena: Warrior Princess). As I was thinking about it, it occurred to me that any story with Karnilla should have Balder the Brave. While he would likely distract from the Warriors Three, he's an important character who has been conspicuously absent. Then it occurred to me that Balder must die before Ragnarok happens. So I could see a story to set up (or even kill off) Balder. Given that, it would be great if it could be released before Thor: Ragnarok. Maybe film it just before Thor starts filming (build the sets back early) and release it with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2's BluRay. Alternatively, I think releasing it as a TV special would be an intelligent idea if they can pull it off.

On the other hand, it could just be a comedy of errors or light-hearted romp. It doesn't have to be an epic battle, particularly not with those three heroes. Maybe it's just the three of them wandering around Asgard and hijinks ensue.

So what are your thoughts? How would you do this story?

You linked to this so I will reply to it here. I read this back when you first wrote it but didn't have anything to add, I still don't :csad:. I did post an idea of expanded one-shots that would fit with what you are describing.

I'm sure budget would be the biggest obstacle to doing this but...

I would like to see Marvel expand the idea of one-shots into a bunch of short films that shows some of the minor characters doing something and package those into one feature length film.

An example would be showing what Rhodey was doing during the Chitauri invasion (on film, not just a comic no one reads) and showing Sif and the Warriors Three adventuring in some realm. Instead of bogging down a solo title film with an origin story they could include the origins in one of these short film features. These stories need not have anything to do with one another but be interesting enough and when combined be long enough to cover an appropriate length for a feature film.

There are plenty of characters in the Marvel universe that have very interesting stories and skill sets or powers but they simply can't carry their own films, so they are paired with a solo title or ignored completely. Hawkeye has been a glaring omission from phase 2 because he can't carry his own film and did not fit into anyone else's story. Why couldn't we see him with a strike team during the Hydra takeover? Maybe his team turns on him and he has to fight them in his unique way? That story can't cover 2 hours but it could certainly cover 45 minutes.

As the Marvel universe expands there will be a ton of characters introduced that will be left on the sidelines but that does not mean they are in stasis, they are doing something. Can we see that?

These short films do not have to be deep or have some big universe altering plot, they just need to be entertaining and show some of our favorite minor characters doing their thing.

The only thing I would add to this is maybe if each group of stories had a theme or McGuffin tying them together to bring some cohesion to the film's distinctive parts.

This is really the only way I see what you are suggesting happening.

On the other hand, it could just be a comedy of errors or light-hearted romp. It doesn't have to be an epic battle, particularly not with those three heroes. Maybe it's just the three of them wandering around Asgard and hijinks ensue.

So what are your thoughts? How would you do this story?

I like that idea. All the movies don't have to be epic battles. A TV movie with them would be fun to watch. When I was a kid, you had the big budget A pictures and the lesser B pictures....Bs have gone the way of the dodo and so you have video or Tv movies replacing them....so a Heroes Three TV movie would be great to me.

Do a film/oneshot of how they met and became the warriors 3. Start it off as a bard in a tavern telling a story.

Do a film/oneshot of how they met and became the warriors 3. Start it off as a bard in a tavern telling a story.

I like this idea.

I would also have a sort of flashback type story. We have had two nods to this story already:
tales-131.jpg

So I think it would be pretty cool to see an adaptation of that story, with the Warriors Three and Sif infiltrating Harokin's stronghold to retrieve the Warlock's Eye.

In case you don't know what the two previous nods were, in Thor we saw the artifact in Odin's vault, and it was taken straight from the comics:
latest

tumblr_lkv6vwnvGM1qgomxio1_400.jpg

And in TDW Thor says that Sif celebrated so much after the "Battle of Harokin" that she almost started another.

Barring that, I've said elsewhere that I would just like to see the Warrior's Three in some sort of intergalactic or Asgardian bar fight. After GOTG came out, I was thinking that they could be drinking in the same bar that we saw on Knowhere. It would have been cost-saving to film it while GOTG was being filmed, but of course that ship has sailed.

Do it Rashomon style. The Warriors Three are at a feast or a banquet or something, and they each give their own account of one of their adventures.

Ooh, I like that a lot. Good use of the budget because it'll reuse the same two scenes for the most part. Plus, it'll allow each of their personalities to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"