• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

How would you introduce Spider-Man into the MCU?

MakeMinesMarvel

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'd bring him in during Captain America: Civil War with a quick Peter Parker cameo watching Steve Rogers assassin or arrest at the end of the film on tv in his room. With maybe a poster of the Avengers
eating shawrma hanging up behind him to show his fanboy status.

I'd tease Spider-Man in a extended post credit scene. Maybe Aunt May comes up stairs to make sure he packed his lunch for school and notices that he left his window open again. Then cut to a scene where Spider-Man is chilling on a rooftop near Midtown High eating breakfast and show a couple muggers tied up by webbing.

Then he receives a text message from Miles Morales "wya dude your gonna be late" Then cut to his classroom where a early 30's substitute homeroom teacher (Jessica Drew) is calling role for the day

Some of Peter's homeroom classmates

• Elizabeth Allen
  • Kamala Khan
  • Miles Morales
  • Kenneth McFarlane
  • Gloria Grant
  • Sam Alexander
  • Randy Robertson
  • Ava Ayala
  • Eugene Thompson
  • Sha Shan
  • Indira Daimonji
  • Eli Bradley
  • Rick Jones
  • Amadeus Cho

His class would be composed all of characters from the comics? lol

Well the nine of those characters are his supporting characters. Average size of classrooms are almost 30 students.

If you're going to have him, have him proper. Spidey is stopping an armed robbery. He catches the crooks, then War Machine comes to arrest him because he has failed to register his powers and who he is with the government. They have a big fight scene, Spidey wins and escapes.

The original post was just my idea. Everyone else post in the thread should be their idea. I came up with my idea just because I feel a tease should come first. None of the other MCU characters really came in heroed up in their first appearance except for like Falcon.

I'd like a cameo in Age of Ultron or Civil War during-- which I'm implying could happen in either film-- a montage of several new heroes. Just showing how the world [MCU] is getting bigger with more vigilantes.

The original post was just my idea. Everyone else post in the thread should be their idea. I came up with my idea just because I feel a tease should come first. None of the other MCU characters really came in heroed up in their first appearance except for like Falcon.

Black Widow and Hawkeye did. We know who Spidey is and what he can do. If you're going to put him in a film you might as well have him full on Spidey action.
Doesn't have to be too long. A few minutes. He doesn't even need to meet Cap etc... use him to show the wider effects of the registration act (or whatever they are going with in the story). If done right it wouldn't hinder the story line. But would be great for the fans to know that Spidey is part of this universe and the things that happen in it effect him.

Thats just my idea. I'm sure Feige and that have their own. Partly why they have been trying so hard to get him back.

Age of Ultron credit scenes
1.We see a man watching Captain America and our new avengers team standing together during a press conference on television. We hear a voice say Mr Stark is here. Tony walks in and gives his usual one liners before asking Norman why he asked him here. That's when Norman hands Tony a file labeled Registration Act.
2.We see a teenager walking down the street listening to the avengers press conference when he notices a man pickpocket someone. The teenager cuts through an alley and smiles to himself as he pulls on the spiderman mask.

Doesn't have to be too long. A few minutes. He doesn't even need to meet Cap etc... use him to show the wider effects of the registration act (or whatever they are going with in the story).

Disney didn't arrange all this for a cameo...

Have someone mention him in some other movie and maybe a cameo. NO MORE ****ING ORIGINS FOR SPIDER-MAN! Just have him there.

Huge difference in a shield agent and a Super Hero

Wasn't that the point of the USM cartoon? To train him because he always broke everything when he had a fight? I think they should have him join as a reserve member until he can prove himself as capable as the others (or moreso than mr drinky drinky Stark.)

Let him already be established. I would have Civil War picking up a few years after the events of AoU and let Spider-Man be apart of the many supers that have emerged since then (we don't need his origin we know it). I'm sure they have two scripts made, one with Spider-Man and one without just in case the deal didn't go down so I kind of expect him to be a supporting character in the film.

posted this idea in another thread... figured would re-post in here...

a good way of handling a soft reboot? (retelling of the origin, without doing a full origin story, over again)... "the kid who collected Spider-man"...

...have spider-man visit the kid and go throw a scrap book of articles about spider-man (establishing that spider-man has been around for awhile), and tell the kid his story(their take on his origin), and then reveal who he real is (showing the new actor)

Dr Strange is already on the radar as a guy who is a potential threat to anyone who might want to take over the world. We know that in this world, people who show themselves as being powerful ARE being tracked and categorized. Stark isn't Hydra, but my point is that its been established.

Spider-Man is a broke kid saving his neighborhood from pickpockets and muggers. You really can't have him be a huge, big time superhero because he's on no one's radar. But, he could do something that pushes his name into the local media spotlight...make it so that he saved people but gets bashed for it anyway (since, you know...thats how it goes for Spidey)...and that attention leads to him being categorized as a threat by Stark. That is enough for him to join Cap's side.

As far as him playing the tweener role...I want Black Panther to do that, and I think its clear that Marvel sees him as being his own man who won't necessarily choose a side in the Civil War.

Disney didn't arrange all this for a cameo...

Cameo for Civil War. He will have solo films and appear in Infinity War etc... If they already have a script for a major role in Civil War then fine, I just ndon't want to see them do a rushed rewrite to shoe horn him in as a major player. Civil War and Caps story should come first.

I suspect he'll have more than a cameo, however, I wouldn't give him a central place in Civil War. I'd think he'd be one of many heroes impacted by the new law. No need to do much more than that.

I'd like his debut to be in the AoU credit's sequence. Obviously he would have to be in the suit and mask, because there's no time to properly cast him in time for the release. But they could have a scene with some webbed up crooks, and then you just see a flash of him swinging past.

In Civil War, I'd like to see him have more than a cameo, but it's too late in development for him to have a major role. Have him be the figurehead for all the unregistered supers Iron Man is trying to round up. You have a montage of Stark and co. rounding up Supers, and then use that to segue into a somewhat comedic fight between Stark and Spidey, with lots of snarking, resulting in Spiderman getting away. Build him up prior to that with some news reports and stuff.

Then you have Spiderman's solo film. No origin story, just start the film with Peter finishing up a day at school or Uni, and then he takes off his hoody, reveals the suit and goes off to fight crime.

An older and more established Spidey meeting/talking with Captain America. Also, Norman Osborn holds a press-conference announcing his "support" for registration.

I'd prefer a college-age Spider-Man but since it sounds like Marvel wants to revisit the high school years, then I'd say start off with Peter Parker being 16 or 17 and having already been Spider-Man for about a year or so. Perhaps having already fought some minor villains.

When we meet Peter Parker, he is about thirty years old, works as a science teacher at his old high school, and has been married to Mary Jane for a few years.

Civil War: post-credits scene. The less he's in it, the better.

Film 1: Spider-Man and Daredevil team up to take down The Kingpin

Film 2: Kraven's Last Hunt

Film 3: Venom

Film 1: Spider-Man and Daredevil team up to take down The Kingpin

Film 2: Kraven's Last Hunt

Film 3: Venom

Kraven's Last Hunt works best as a trilogy ending. Like a Dark Knight Rises for Spiderman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"