Sequels Howard Talks about SM4

Cool interivew, though, nothing entirely new. As I said before though, it would be great for Sam and Bryce to return.

Sam Raimi needs to stay as far away as humanly possible from the Spider-Man franchise forever and ever....

Raimi didn't have 3 strikes? He had two home runs and then he hit a foul ball that somehow managed to hit every fan watching in the face. He more so gets another shot but it is time more help came in to get this thing going again. Wanting Raimi out because of SM3 is fickle and it is funny how some fans are that way.

I dont mind Sam returning to direct, as long as he doesnt write the script. Which he has said he wont.

Raimi didn't have 3 strikes? He had two home runs and then he hit a foul ball that somehow managed to hit every fan watching in the face. He more so gets another shot but it is time more help came in to get this thing going again. Wanting Raimi out because of SM3 is fickle and it is funny how some fans are that way.

Nah, thats alright.

I dont think how Spider-Man 3 came out is Raimi's fault. Arad and Ziskin interfered too much with the script and made many last minute changes, like adding Venom and overcrowding the movie with new characters who barely had enough screen time. I think that this will be fixed when they release a director's cut of the movie in a couple of years.

Arad, Ziskin, Raimi... all their heads should roll... Sony should wise up and bring new people on board... start fresh... starting from the top down.

Last edited:
I dont think how Spider-Man 3 came out is Raimi's fault. Arad and Ziskin interfered too much with the script and made many last minute changes, like adding Venom and overcrowding the movie with new characters who barely had enough screen time. I think that this will be fixed when they release a director's cut of the movie in a couple of years.

A directors cut has to take away or use footage that actually exists. There is no actual cut of the movie that involves no Venom or less characters. He would have to film it all over again to make the movie you are talking about.

He would have to film it all over again to make the movie you are talking about.
And that ain't happening, they've already made a fortune off of the movie they made. Count your blessings and move on to SM4, because that's what they're going to do, with or without you.

A directors cut has to take away or use footage that actually exists. There is no actual cut of the movie that involves no Venom or less characters. He would have to film it all over again to make the movie you are talking about.

Your reading his statement incorrectly. Hes saying that it sucks that they added Venom and what not, but is hoping they release a directors cut to add more depth to the movie.

3 strikes yer out. =)
"3 strikes"?!... "3" in a row for you, Vile. I highly doubt they'll get Raimi out of this franchise, all I'd really suggest is to not get him to write the script for it(or be involved with it), ever again. That's his only strike, but the way I see it, the studio can easily forgive him for the multi-billion dollar franchise they have in hand.

He should write a spidey film again just direct them.

I liked Howard as Gwen a lot. In fact, I wish that she was cast as MJ in SM1 as it would've been better. But I don't think the Stacys need to return for SM4/5 if it really is the end of the run for the Raimi movies. If they are recasting and getting a new direction, I'm all for the Stacys to come back, but it was obvious in SM3 they were both stock characters that Ziskin forced into being names from the comic and expanded each of their screentime, but not their roles or character depth.

Raimi wanted to focus on Peter, MJ and Harry. Harry is dead, but I am sick of love triangles in the Spidey movies. If someone else comes and does it fine, but if we are really closing the door on the Raimi Spidey movies (with the possibility of Marvel doing it's own Spidey movies in 10-15 years?) then let it go on without the characters. Besides with GG dead, the most important aspect of Gwen cannot be addressed, especially since Peter is probably going to be married to MJ at the end of the last Raimi movie (be it SM4 or SM5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"