HP Lovecraft

more pics...

the lovecraft art is some of the best and epic ive ever seen

*Whew!*

This is good news...no this is AWESOME NEWS! At the Mountains of Madness is one of my favorite stories of all time. Guillermo del Toro is the way to go!

more pics...

the lovecraft art is some of the best and epic ive ever seen

Cthulhu
cthulhu-6.jpg

cov_14.jpg

cthulhu-1.jpg

cthulhu.gif

cthulhu5.jpg

cthulhu_800.jpg

cthulhu_lg.jpg

amaaazing pics!

i want to see that kind of thing on screen

Lovecraft fans might enjoy this too.

What Kind of Lovecraftian Terror Are You?

it was actually pretty acurate:

1137635941_joker-nyarly.jpg

You are Nyarlathotep!The Crawling Chaos, you serve your masters the Outer Gods with an open disdain for their mindless ways. You yourself are smart, twisted, and, unlike most Gods of the Mythos, have a recognizable personality; you are funny, mocking, and thouroughly evil.

This thread gets an A.

I haven't seen Re-Animator(I know, I know), but nearly every other adaptation of Lovecraft's that I've seen has sucked. Dagon was absolutely terrible- while certain story beats in the thing made me giddy with excitement just because I so love the source material, the acting, directing, and script were pure trash. The effects were also laughably bad, but that'd be forgivable in a low budget film if the other aspects were decent.

I did really dig the black and white silent Cthulhu movie, though.

Del Toro making Mountains of Madness needs to happen, pronto. He needs to fast track that and his dinosaur, monster filled Tarzan movie and ditch all this other crap.

I recently saw the movie The Resurrected which is based on Lovecraft's The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. I was surprised how good it was. It's probably the most faithful adaption of Lovecraft that I've seen.

If anyone here doesn't have the game, GET IT!!!

Its based on Shadow Over Innsmouth, as many Lovecraft and Lovecraft-inspired adaptions are. A fun game in my books that would be great translated to the big screen. The opening cinematic is simply fantastic and pretty creepy.

If anyone here doesn't have the game, GET IT!!!

Its based on Shadow Over Innsmouth, as many Lovecraft and Lovecraft-inspired adaptions are. A fun game in my books that would be great translated to the big screen. The opening cinematic is simply fantastic and pretty creepy.

is it only PC and X-Box? I wanna check this out.

also, here's trailer for "The Whisperer In Darkness" made by the same folks who did The Call of Cthulhu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQkos7WTHjg

I thought Cthulu was going to be the cloverfield monster at first :hehe:

I believe so--X-Box and PC only.

If we got a great Lovecraft adaption outside of ATMOM, would you want it as a period piece or set in modern times?

emotcthulhupv7.gif
Cthulhu approves this thread!

So I heard the earth women are crazy bout Cthulhu...

And finally, the man himself.

H.P. Lovecraft

Lovecraft.jpg

I believe so--X-Box and PC only.

If we got a great Lovecraft adaption outside of ATMOM, would you want it as a period piece or set in modern times?

I would want it as a period piece. Although I enjoy Gordon's films unlike a lot of Lovecraft fans, I think having the stories set in the times Lovecraft wrote them in adds to the creepiness factor.

Yeah, the game is only for X-box and PC. I've got it for X-box and beat it multiple times getting the rank of Mythos expert.

Be warned though. This game can be very frustrating since it has a lot of trial and error throughout the entire thing. You will die a lot just trying to figure out how to move ahead. That and there are a few bugs here and there that can get annoying.

Being a big Lovecraft fan though, that didn't keep me from enjoying the game.

I especially love it when you get to fight off Dagon on the boat ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"