Huckabee Squashed Charges Against His Son For Stoning, Hanging Dog

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
Lambert over at Corrente noticed this little tidbit that Mike Huckabee definitely doesn’t want to have brought up:
Here’s the barebones story of how 18-year-old Mike Huckabee’s son, David, and 17-year-old Clayton Frady killed a dog when they were Boy Scouts, and got fired for it. From the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in 1998 (as quoted in DogBlog):
[David Huckabee,] the younger son of Gov. Mike Huckabee and another teen were fired last month from jobs at a Boy Scout camp after the killing of a stray dog.[..]
So, how and why did David Huckabee (and Clayton Frady) kill the dog?
The original story isn’t clear in the lead (the admissions and the details come as you read down). Still from the Democrat Gazette:
The dog was killed [passive voice] July 11 at Camp Pioneer near Hatfield.[..]
I believe the following is the faxed description of the “particular process.” It’s on a reputable site, Utopia Animal Rescue, which is run by, of all people, Kinky Freidman:
(Miller County, Arkansas) Two boy scout counselors, 17 year old Clayton Frady and 18 year old David litickabee [sic], the son of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, have admitted to catching a stray dog during their summer session at Camp Pioneer in Hatfield, AR, and hanging the dog by his neck, slitting his throat and stoning him to death.
Lambert notices that Michael Isikoff’s coverage of the story for Newsweek is particularly lacking in investigative curiosity on how David Huckabee killed the dog, which as you can see above, really does color the event.
Digby’s on top of this too. The Huckster’s son seems to be a real winner and his father tried to cover up his sick, twisted behavior — the same kind of behavior that landed former NFL star Michael Vick in prison.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/...rges-against-his-son-for-stoning-hanging-dog/

and he got away free??

obstruction of justice much?? :cmad: :csad:

I don't understand why people mistreat animals or little children:csad:

I still don't understand why people support this *****ebag.

Mike Huckabee is the devil. So is Giuliani. And Romney. And Thompson. Ahhh, hell.....we're screwed. :(

jag

It's his son that did it people, not him :whatever:

But yeah, it is sick

well huckabee did help his son get out of it....:whatever:

i haven't been watching the news as of late, but i wonder if they have been talking about it.

This is a classic example of how people will read a negative opinion about someone they dislike and take it as fact to further justify why they don't like that person. No evidence, no nothing. "Someone else said, 'He got his son out of trouble,' and so it MUST be true because it merely confirms the feelings I already have about this guy. Truth be damned."

Stick to the facts, people. Either produce some evidence that he got his son out of trouble or stop making the accusation.

Huckabee is still the devil.

jag

This is a classic example of how people will read a negative opinion about someone they dislike and take it as fact to further justify why they don't like that person. No evidence, no nothing. "Someone else said, 'He got his son out of trouble,' and so it MUST be true because it merely confirms the feelings I already have about this guy. Truth be damned."

Stick to the facts, people. Either produce some evidence that he got his son out of trouble or stop making the accusation.

this is something

"It turns out that David Huckabee, the then Governor of Arkansas’s son, hung and murdered a stray dog while Huckabee was at a Boy Scout Camp. Guess what? No charges were filed even though there were witnesses and Huckabee was dismissed from the camp because he failed to live up to the Boy Scout creed of “Scouts are kind.”

its from that same article i posted

this is something

"It turns out that David Huckabee, the then Governor of Arkansas’s son, hung and murdered a stray dog while Huckabee was at a Boy Scout Camp. Guess what? No charges were filed even though there were witnesses and Huckabee was dismissed from the camp because he failed to live up to the Boy Scout creed of “Scouts are kind.”

its from that same article i posted

It still doesn't explicitly show proof of Huckabee using his clout as Governor to get his son off the hook. I don't like Mike Huckabee. At all. I think he's the devil. But the evidence of what people are accusing him of is not in this article.

jag

true

should blame the police for not doing anything about it.

or we can say maybe the police weren't even called?

then the camp should have been blamed for not doing anything about it.

yea the police weren't even called

"Polk County Sheriff Mike Oglesby said neither he nor his deputies had heard of the incident. A complaint should have been made, he said"

Much worse than the Romney Family's treatment of their dog.

Meanwhile Barney lives like a king at the White House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"