Huckabee Squashed Charges Against His Son For Stoning, Hanging Dog

Lambert over at Corrente noticed this little tidbit that Mike Huckabee definitely doesn’t want to have brought up:
Here’s the barebones story of how 18-year-old Mike Huckabee’s son, David, and 17-year-old Clayton Frady killed a dog when they were Boy Scouts, and got fired for it. From the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in 1998 (as quoted in DogBlog):
[David Huckabee,] the younger son of Gov. Mike Huckabee and another teen were fired last month from jobs at a Boy Scout camp after the killing of a stray dog.[..]
So, how and why did David Huckabee (and Clayton Frady) kill the dog?
The original story isn’t clear in the lead (the admissions and the details come as you read down). Still from the Democrat Gazette:
The dog was killed [passive voice] July 11 at Camp Pioneer near Hatfield.[..]
I believe the following is the faxed description of the “particular process.” It’s on a reputable site, Utopia Animal Rescue, which is run by, of all people, Kinky Freidman:
(Miller County, Arkansas) Two boy scout counselors, 17 year old Clayton Frady and 18 year old David litickabee [sic], the son of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, have admitted to catching a stray dog during their summer session at Camp Pioneer in Hatfield, AR, and hanging the dog by his neck, slitting his throat and stoning him to death.
Lambert notices that Michael Isikoff’s coverage of the story for Newsweek is particularly lacking in investigative curiosity on how David Huckabee killed the dog, which as you can see above, really does color the event.
Digby’s on top of this too. The Huckster’s son seems to be a real winner and his father tried to cover up his sick, twisted behavior — the same kind of behavior that landed former NFL star Michael Vick in prison.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/...rges-against-his-son-for-stoning-hanging-dog/

I keep telling people that this shows blacks are better off walking the straight and narrow. We just cannot get away with the same things that others do in this country.

I keep telling people that this shows blacks are better off walking the straight and narrow. We just cannot get away with the same things that others do in this country.

First, you create a thread for the sole purpose of trying to demonstrate that Huckabee was using his position of authority to get his son off the hook, which has been proven false, and now it's somehow a racial thing??

Am I the only one who's thoroughly confused here? What is the point of this thread anyway?

First, you create a thread for the sole purpose of trying to demonstrate that Huckabee was using his position of authority to get his son off the hook, which has been proven false, and now it's somehow a racial thing??

Am I the only one who's thoroughly confused here? What is the point of this thread anyway?

*mutters something about raybia not starting this thread and waves at lazur* :)

jag

i haven't been watching the news as of late, but i wonder if they have been talking about it.
Yes they are. They just talked about it on MSNBC.

Not only did Huckabee get the guy off but his chief of staff and Huckabee's family lawyer put pressure on the director of the Arkansas state police not to pursue the issue and when director balked them and tried to look into the matter he was fired.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/78241

I see nothing in any of those news stories to indicate that he got his son out of trouble, or used his influence to prevent him from getting a stiffer penalty.

Please, by all means, prove me wrong by providing some evidence...

So yeah lazur, once again you are wrong.:whatever:

WhoMe.JPG

WTF?

*mutters something about raybia not starting this thread and waves at lazur* :)

jag

Ah, crap, very true. I saw his name in the quick view on the main board as the last one who posted, and mistook it as the original poster. Apologies, Raybia.

Still, I'm not quite getting how this turned into a racial thing...

Yes they are. They just talked about it on MSNBC.

Not only did Huckabee get the guy off but his chief of staff and Huckabee's family lawyer put pressure on the director of the Arkansas state police not to pursue the issue and when director balked them and tried to look into the matter he was fired.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/78241

So yeah lazur, once again you are wrong.:whatever:

Wrong, he was never reported to the police.

Tell me, oh wise one, how can someone be 'gotten off the hook' if the organization accusing him of the crime never even reported it??

Also, even if they were launching an investigation, why did Huckabee wait 7 months to fire the guy?

I'm not defending Huckabee here. I could care less, I certainly am not voting for him.

And if you read my original reply, I stated that nothing that was POSTED indicated any wrongdoing. I certainly didn't Google it. But I also invited the poster to point me in the direction of evidence.

All you're pointing out is one person with his own version of the story. I'd be interested in seeing true evidence - not just some guy who could easily be disgruntled FOR BEING FIRED saying whatever he needs to in order to make Huckabee look bad.

Ah, crap, very true. I saw his name in the quick view on the main board as the last one who posted, and mistook it as the original poster. Apologies, Raybia.

It got started down Racism Road when the jackass who wrote the article being referenced equated Huckabee's son to Michael Vick. Raybia, if I'm not mistaken, was lamenting the fact that many black people, men in particular, don't take extra care to prove that they are quality human beings and upstanding citizend.

Wrong, he was never reported to the police.

Tell me, oh wise one, how can someone be 'gotten off the hook' if the organization accusing him of the crime never even reported it??

By making sure they never get put on the hook to begin with, even when they deserve it? :huh:

jag

thumbs-up.jpg

Not turning it into a racial thing but I'm sure Michael Vick wished Huckabee was his daddy!

It got started down Racism Road when the jackass who wrote the article being referenced equated Huckabee's son to Michael Vick. Raybia, if I'm not mistaken, was lamenting the fact that many black people, men in particular, don't take extra care to prove that they are quality human beings and upstanding citizend.

By making sure they never get put on the hook to begin with, even when they deserve it? :huh:

jag

Maybe. I've fired a few people in my time for various reasons. I'm sure that if I were running for office somewhere, and these people had a chance to chime in, it wouldn't be pretty.

The guy was fired, which automatically (fair or not) compromises his credibility. For all we know, the guy was fired for peeing on Huckabee's car.

It got started down Racism Road when the jackass who wrote the article being referenced equated Huckabee's son to Michael Vick. Raybia, if I'm not mistaken, was lamenting the fact that many black people, men in particular, don't take extra care to prove that they are quality human beings and upstanding citizens.

jag

Yep that was my intent.

Sounds like a great thread topic!

Maybe. I've fired a few people in my time for various reasons. I'm sure that if I were running for office somewhere, and these people had a chance to chime in, it wouldn't be pretty.

The guy was fired, which automatically (fair or not) compromises his credibility. For all we know, the guy was fired for peeing on Huckabee's car.

I hope he peed in the heater vents. :up:

jag

thumbs-up.jpg

Not turning it into a racial thing but I'm sure Michael Vick wished Huckabee was his daddy!

Didn't Michael Vick torture like 20 plus dogs though? Don't you think there's just a slight difference in the AMOUNT of evidence between the two cases?

Also, even if this kid was found guilty at 17, how much time do you really think a juvenile would have gotten?

What he did was sick, no doubt, but not even close to Vick's level of 'sick'.

Didn't Michael Vick torture like 20 plus dogs though? Don't you think there's just a slight difference in the AMOUNT of evidence between the two cases?

Also, even if this kid was found guilty at 17, how much time do you really think a juvenile would have gotten?

What he did was sick, no doubt, but to put it on Vick's level of 'sick' is slightly inaccurate.

I agree, which is why I called the author of this article a jackass. Because he is. Vick bankrolled a pretty good sized dog fighting organization and engaged in torturing and killing of dogs (or at the very least endorsed it). A HUNDRED times worse than Huckabee's kid who still should have been punished for what he did as an eighteen year old (a legal adult).

jag

What he did was sick, no doubt, but not even close to Vick's level of 'sick'.

This is true but I still say that Vick wishings Huckabee was his daddy.

This is true but I still say that Vick wishings Huckabee was his daddy.

Considering the overwhelming evidence against Vick, I don't think anyone could have kept him out of jail, whether he was black, white, green or purple.

To equate this to a race thing is reaching, imo.

I agree, which is why I called the author of this article a jackass. Because he is. Vick bankrolled a pretty good sized dog fighting organization and engaged in torturing and killing of dogs (or at the very least endorsed it). A HUNDRED times worse than Huckabee's kid who still should have been punished for what he did as an eighteen year old (a legal adult).

jag
Well, To be fair, The article link I posted says he was 17 at the time.

Close enough though.:cwink:

Considering the overwhelming evidence against Vick, I don't think anyone could have kept him out of jail, whether he was black, white, green or purple.

To equate this to a race thing is reaching, imo.

I don't know.

Don't underestimate being from the family of rich and powerful politicians.

I'm sure you have heard of the Chappaquiddick incident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"