• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hughes Brothers bringing Kung Fu to the screen

Hmmm their track record is not the best...if they stick to what Kung Fu was about it could work.

BlackHardKnight said:
Hmmm their track record is not the best...if they stick to what Kung Fu was about it could work.
When did they ever make a bad movie? Menace 2 Society, Dead Presidents, From Hell...all were excellent and critically acclaimed. Unless you just didn't care for the source material.

terry78 said:
When did they ever make a bad movie? Menace 2 Society, Dead Presidents, From Hell...all were excellent and critically acclaimed. Unless you just didn't care for the source material.

Menace and Dead yes...

Hell not so much... and American Pimp was so so.

Gammy79 said:
Yes!
Great news!
Now get Keanu to play Caine :mad:

That, I have to admit, would be perfect casting. Riding on the success of The Matrix, recognition of his Asian(or South Pacific, whatever) heritage, and a character that doesn't really have to emote. Caine actually does require someone who'll essentially sleepwalk through the role. Not to mention doing the shaved-head thing all over again.

Finally, some news!
----
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34009
Published on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 3:14am
Warner/Legendary’s KUNG-FU Is Casting! And It Has A Director Now!

Hey, everyone. ”Moriarty” here.

Well, well, well...

This one had dropped off my radar a bit, but it looks like there’s finally some real forward motion on the new Warner Bros. big-screen adaptation of the ‘60s TV series, KUNG-FU.

The first bit of news is that there appears to be a director for the film now. I can’t find any reference to this guy’s connection to the film anywhere online, so I think this may be a scoop. It looks like Max Makowski, director of the Singapore film ONE LAST DANCE, may be onboard now to direct this one. We’ve had a few reviews for ONE LAST DANCE here on the site, and it seems to be generally well-liked, an action film that delivers.

So is Makowski the right guy for this? I know he was associated with a big-studio version of SHINOBI, too, but that appears to have gone nowhere in development so far. With them throwing this out to casting directors now, I’m guessing this is going to be a pre-strike project for Legendary/Warner, and we may start hearing more news about this soon. It looks to start production in China in March.

For now, they’re searching for “Caine, Male, 20-35. A handsome mix of East (Chinese/Asian) meets West (American). A man with the emotional capacity of a young Clint Eastwood. Charismatic and charming, Caine was raised by Shaolin monks after his mother’s murder and became a highly skilled fighter. In addition to being a strong actor with the right look, the actor for this role should be athletic and although not required, some martial arts training, gymnastics or ballet are a plus.”

What’s also interesting is that we now have an idea of what story the film will be telling.

“During the 1880’s, a half-Chinese Shaolin Monk roams America’s western frontier in search of his American Father, but winds up incarcerated in an exceptionally harsh prison where he must use his martial arts skills to survive.”

I’ve talked with some of the people developing this film at Legendary, and it sounds to me like the intention is to make something genuinely good and gritty and different. As with any remake, there’s certainly potential there, and the fact that it’s not “just” an origin story is encouraging.

We’ll have more on this one as it develops, and all thanks as always to my unnamed source.

Finally, some news!
----
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34009
Published on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 3:14am
Warner/Legendary’s KUNG-FU Is Casting! And It Has A Director Now!

Hey, everyone. ”Moriarty” here.

Well, well, well...

This one had dropped off my radar a bit, but it looks like there’s finally some real forward motion on the new Warner Bros. big-screen adaptation of the ‘60s TV series, KUNG-FU.

The first bit of news is that there appears to be a director for the film now. I can’t find any reference to this guy’s connection to the film anywhere online, so I think this may be a scoop. It looks like Max Makowski, director of the Singapore film ONE LAST DANCE, may be onboard now to direct this one. We’ve had a few reviews for ONE LAST DANCE here on the site, and it seems to be generally well-liked, an action film that delivers.

So is Makowski the right guy for this? I know he was associated with a big-studio version of SHINOBI, too, but that appears to have gone nowhere in development so far. With them throwing this out to casting directors now, I’m guessing this is going to be a pre-strike project for Legendary/Warner, and we may start hearing more news about this soon. It looks to start production in China in March.

For now, they’re searching for “Caine, Male, 20-35. A handsome mix of East (Chinese/Asian) meets West (American). A man with the emotional capacity of a young Clint Eastwood. Charismatic and charming, Caine was raised by Shaolin monks after his mother’s murder and became a highly skilled fighter. In addition to being a strong actor with the right look, the actor for this role should be athletic and although not required, some martial arts training, gymnastics or ballet are a plus.”

What’s also interesting is that we now have an idea of what story the film will be telling.

“During the 1880’s, a half-Chinese Shaolin Monk roams America’s western frontier in search of his American Father, but winds up incarcerated in an exceptionally harsh prison where he must use his martial arts skills to survive.”

I’ve talked with some of the people developing this film at Legendary, and it sounds to me like the intention is to make something genuinely good and gritty and different. As with any remake, there’s certainly potential there, and the fact that it’s not “just” an origin story is encouraging.

We’ll have more on this one as it develops, and all thanks as always to my unnamed source.

keanu!!!

Shanhai noon and it's sequel were kinda reminiscent of Kung Fu.

I say hugh jackman. I was watching the foutian. he had his hair on his head shaved off. he looked just like the guy that play in kung fu.

hugh jackman looks nothing like david carradine....nor does he look at all asian.

hugh jackman looks nothing like david carradine....nor does he look at all asian.

You know we only care about our favorite fanboy actors playing roles. Race doesn't matter. :o Except when it comes to Kingpin. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"