Hulk vs. Wolverine

Spade

Seeking new challengers
Reaction score
I checked to see if there was an existing thread, but since nothing showed up...

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.4127

My inner fanboy went "squee!" during the trailer. It sucks that Fox's rights to Wolverine make a live-action version impossible, but this looks like a good substitute. :hulk: :wolverine

You can say that again. This looks much better than that "Next Avengers" nonsense they're churning out.

Wasn't there a teaser poster a while back for a Gamma Corps cartoon? Hopefully, that and the mystery Iron Man cartoon will be heard from in the near future.

I had forgotten all about the rumor for this, so it was a shock to see a trailer for it pop up out of nowhere. :up:

I think I read the Gamma Corps toon was scrapped? Isn't the new Iron Man toon pissing everyone off because he's a teenager or something? :huh:

When I see the stills from it, I don't like it, but watching the trailer, I think it looks pretty good. I'm picking it up.

I think I read the Gamma Corps toon was scrapped? Isn't the new Iron Man toon pissing everyone off because he's a teenager or something? :huh:

I hope both are scrapped, to be honest. I'm inclined to believe that they're not going to release the Iron Man cartoon as it is; I think the movie ended up being so popular that they don't want to risk losing steam with this idea. Gamma Corps never sounded particularly good to me, either. Hulk works best alone, or in the Avengers. They should probably scrap it and do something like Batman: Gotham Knight. It goes without saying that Hulk could do with some recovery since his '03 stumble, and anime would be a great art style to show his more impressive fights.

Looks fantastic!

I like how at the very end, Hulk actually yells "OWW!" when Wolvie stabs him, lol. :woot:

I hope Wendigo shows up! :bh: :wolverine

I like these cartoon movies. This seems pretty good. Maybe this will do good then they would like to some how make a live version one

I forgot all about this project. I"m glad to see they moved forward with it. Looks great!! Wolverine with his first appearance costume, priceless.
70 mins of Hulk vs. Wolvie, can't get any better than that.

Well we probably won't see live action Hulk vs. Wolverine anytime soon, so this is cool. I don't think any kind of Hulk vs. Wolverine fight has ever been animated before either.

This looks really good. I'm glad they're doing something like this after seeing the Young Avengers trailer...

I forgot all about this project. I"m glad to see they moved forward with it. Looks great!! Wolverine with his first appearance costume, priceless.

Actually, no. His first appearance costume had whiskers and shorter ears:

2358036552_51b8876e80.jpg

I was hoping they'd go with that version, but they went with the 2nd draft instead. No biggie. Still looks cool as heck! :word:

I hope both are scrapped, to be honest. I'm inclined to believe that they're not going to release the Iron Man cartoon as it is; I think the movie ended up being so popular that they don't want to risk losing steam with this idea. Gamma Corps never sounded particularly good to me, either. Hulk works best alone, or in the Avengers. They should probably scrap it and do something like Batman: Gotham Knight. It goes without saying that Hulk could do with some recovery since his '03 stumble, and anime would be a great art style to show his more impressive fights.
defenders442na5.jpg

I hope both shows were scrapped, too. If their plan is to lead up to an Avengers movie, why not have an Avengers show ala Justice League? Lord knows they've yet to do Avengers justice in the animated medium.

defenders442na5.jpg

I hope both shows were scrapped, too. If their plan is to lead up to an Avengers movie, why not have an Avengers show ala Justice League? Lord knows they've yet to do Avengers justice in the animated medium.

I thought The Ultimate Avengers movies kicked ass.

I thought The Ultimate Avengers movies kicked ass.
I meant television. Spidey has had two successful series (and other less successful ones), as have the X-Men. Hulk got the 90's series and Iron Man had one too. The Fantastic Four had a 90's series and had (has? I don't know if it is still on the air) the more recent one. Silver Surfer also had the cool late 90's show. Yet all the Avengers got was this abomination:

avengersunitedtheystandms0.jpg

I barely watched half an episode of that. Boy, was that a disappointment. I have no clue what the writers were thinking when they came up with the armor angle.

I'm not really a Defenders fan, partly because Hulk is accompanied by guys who would make saving the universe a breeze. Hulk's a frickin' tank with legs by himself. Adding in the herald of Galactus, the Sorceror Supreme, and the ruler of Atlantis is overkill, and even for a cartoon it'd be hard to come up with good villains and good fights consistently.

The trailer looks great but I'm woindering if this is kinda an apalogy for Ult. W vs H taking so long.

not digging it, considering the hulk is also going to be turning up in wolverine and the x-men.

putting wolverine and the hulk together is just a gimmick these days, they have no right facing off against one another but they still churn out battles towards them when the time and effort could be used re-establishing daredevil as a true batman-esque equivalent in the marvel universe.

Have you ever seen Wolverine slice off a limb with his blades, or Hulk tear the arms off of a person, outside of the comic books?

If anyone was worried about the level of violence, I think that review answers everything in spades.

hahaha i just started a thread like this under Hulk though, but w/e

and its not just wolverine it THOR too!

OMFG

I just read that review that one of you posted the link for.

When he made mention of Wolverine slicing off limbs and Hulk tearing off arms, I just got SO MUCH more excited for this movie.

I'm not blood thirsty when it comes to action movies, its just that, it'd be nice *for once* to see Wolverine actually hit something with his claws other than robots or objects. And to show how easily Hulk can dismantle anything he wants. This movie is going to be AMAZING.

But, 33 minutes long? What? Please tell me I am mis-reading :(

This premiered at SDCC 08. It was only 33 minutes. So its basically like an extended episode. It was a big fight and a lot of fun, but it really left you wanting more.

It's cool to see Hulk and Wolverine have a violent, bloody battle in animation. As far as I know it also had a surprise appearance by Deadpool who was really cool in this and pretty much stole the show. The drawback is that this really could've been about another half hour or 40 minutes longer, but its sharing a disc with Hulk vs. Thor which is about 43 minutes, so together its the next animated feature.

Wolverine does some messed up stuff in this animation. He and Hulk do not hold back. Jeff Matsuda did the designs and he at least reigns in some of his crazier stuff. Studio Madhouse did the animation production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"