Hype League

The sun sets as another day in Hype City, the largets city in the world, ends. On the outside, it looks as if the city is good and pure. If only the outside reflected the inside. The city is overrun with crime; gangs, monsters, and mutants terrorize the streets at night. It is those people who run the streets, those who rule the night.

For now...

Chapter 1: In the Beginning...

A large goliath runs along the street, smashing everything in its path, shrugging off bullets as if they were mere pokes to the chest. It destroys everything it sees, thoughtlessly. It is almost 9 feet tall, with muscles the size of basketballs. Its skin is black, and its eyes glow red. It has a long, dark green, shaggy mane, and it is angry.

The goliath runs up a building wall, breaking windows, and kidnapping people. He reaches into one of the broken windows and grabs a woman. He smiles with yellow teeth. The woman, Prima Saph, screams. The goliath laughs, but stops as he sees a shadow move out of the corner of his eye.

It is a man standing on the opposite building. The man has slicked back black hair, with silver streaks running through it. His physique is perfectly toned, with no traces of body fat. He wears back mirrored sunglasses that cover his eyes, and a mask that covers his nose and mouth. On his feet are black boots, with black jeans tucked inside them. He wears a black-and-red sleeveless armored tunic, covered by a short-sleeved jacket. On the jacket's sleeves run three blood red slashes each. Around his waist is a belt, which holds to poles of some sort. On his arms are black, elbow-length gloves, with three silver clasps each. The goliath screams.

Goliath: EDGE!

Edge jumps from the other building to meet the goliath. He looks at him behind his sunglasses.

Edge: Rampage. How'd you escape this time? I thought that cryogenic freeze they put you under would keep you asleep for 20 or so years.

Rampage: Rampage free. Free from confines of sleep. Free from death!

Rampage screams throws Prima off the building. With lightning quick reflexes, Edge jumps down and catches her. He takes out one of his poles and presses a button. A hook launches up and latches on to a crane. The hook slowly descends, allowing Prima to land safely.

Prima: Thanks.

Edge: Don't mention it. Next time, meet him in a public place.

Prima: Oooooookay...

Edge presses another button, and rapidly descends up, back to the top of the building. He detaches himself and walks back to Rampage.

Edge: Nice way to treat a lady on the first date, pal. But enough is enough. I'm taking you down.

Rampage growls and lunges at Edge, who dodges and kicks him in the head.

Edge: That all you got?

Rampage turns claps his hands together, creating a shpck-wave that knocks Edge to the ground.

Edge: Guess not.

Edge gets back up and takes out his grappling pole. He presses a button and latches the hook to a nearby wall. Rampage grins.

Rampage: Missed.

Edge: Really?

Edge presses another button and rapidly glides through the air to the wall. He grabs Rapage by the waist, and, with tremendous force of effort, brings him with him into the building which the wall protected. They fight and fly through cubicles, papers, computers, and, on occasion, people. Suddenly, there fighting in empty air.

Rampage: The fall will kill you, not me.

Beneath his mask, Edge smirks.

Edge: It can try.

Edge posistions himself, through force of effort, on top of Rampage. Rampage screams as he falls to the cold, gray concrete. He is unconscious. Edge, though somewhat bruised, is relatively unharmed. He watches, fascinated, as the large body of Rampage transforms into the small, weak body of Sal Vanson.

A quarter of an hour later, cops and reporters fill the scene. Edge helps them carry Sal into a tank, which puts him into a deep sleep. He goes to a cop.

Edge: That should hold him-

Edge's words are cut short by a piercing shriek.

Edge: Excuse me.

Cop: Sure...

Edge runs into an alleyway, and out of it comes a black and red motorcycle, riding off into the night.

Comic Man said:
Hey:mad:
I resent that!

Swordmaster, I figured that he should have no powers, but the other day you described him as a guy who could great puffs of smoke. It's all good though.

But seriously, we should talk it over. I want to hear some of the ideas you have.

We shall see...

Didn't seem to mention me on the pre-lim cast. Formal request being made RIGHT NOW! with some please and cherry on top.

Chapter 2: Heaven or Hell
Edge rode down the streets of Community Ave., looking for the source of the scream. After a half-hour or so, he finds a body of a dead girl, no older than 12, marked with a cross. So, Edge thinks, the Heaven or Hell gang is back in town.

The Heaven or Hell Gang was a group of Bikers, extremists, satanists. They believe that what they're doing will earn them favor with God and/or the Devil, and keep searching for ways to immortality. They were led by Valmar, a psycho. Edge got off his motorcycle and jumped up to an overlooking building.

Valmar, a man wearing an all black leather jacket, complete with spikes, black pants, black shoes, and a scar running down his left cheek, spoke, to over 100 bikers.

Valmar: My brothers and sisters. We have come one step closer to our steps to gaining immortality. With the blood of a virgin on THIS sacred knife-

Valmar lifts up a dark, sinister dagger.

Valmar:-We will live forever, as the hands of God and Lucifer!

The bikers all cheer. Valmar raises a hand, and they are silent once more.

Valmar: By stabbing the knife with the blood of a female virgin into the abdomen of a male virgin, unlimited power shall be ours!

The bikers again cheer. Valmar turns, and Edge notices a boy, 14 by the looks of it, and very scared, on a stone pedastal marked with engravings of an ancient language.

Valmar raises the knife, but it is knocked away by a shuriken, with rotating blades in its center, giving it enhanced speed.

Valmar: What?!

Edge stands on top of his building, two more shuriken in his hand, ready. Several of the bikers murmor.

Biker 1: It's him.

Biker 2: Edge.

Valmar: EDGE!

Edge: That's my name.

Edge jumps to the ground, and takes out a pole from his side.

Edge: I thought I locked you and all your little cronies in a crazy house?

Valmar scowls.

Valmar: You did. But we escaped.

Edge thinks: What's with all the weirdo's escaping today?

Edge: Heh. No matter. I'm all riled up as is. Let's get this party started. shall we?

Valmar's scowl deepens, then he smirks.

Valmar(yelling): You heard him. Take him down!

The bikers take out their machine guns and shoot full clips into Edge. The bullets bounce right off him, dropping to the ground, still smoking. About 1/3 of the bikers, frightened, run away.

Valmar: Get back here! Damn you!

Edge: Looks like they didn't believe in your cause as much as you thought.

Valmar frowns, and performs an elaborate hand signal. The bikers who remain take out chains and baseball bats and charge at Edge. Edge presses a button in the center of his stick and it becomes a three-foot bo staff. A biker whips a chain at him, which Edge catches with is staff, and yanks the biker toward him, into his fist. A biker comes up behind Edge, and meets his elbow. Edge proceeds to take down most of the bikers in under 5 minutes.

*Nice work, boss*

Dante. He was like the little brother Edge never had. Or wanted. He was another personality of his, pure unfocused anger and rage. Whenever the two would get into a fight with an enemy, the two mindsets became one, allowing Edge to become almost a hurricane of destruction. They talk to eachother in their head, collaborating.

Edge walks up to Valmar who stands there, unflinchingly.

Edge: Why are you so calm?

Valmar grins maliciously

Valmar: Because of what's behind you.

Edge turns just in time to see a bat collide with his face, knocking him unconscious.

When Edge awakens, he is over a vat of blood-red liquid, his hands tied by ropes to the wall. He tried breaking free, but could not. Valmar, along with the bikers Edge had broken, stood there, watching. It appeared Edge was in some sort of warehouse.

*Their headquarters, I'd assume.*

<As would I>

Valmar: Edge! That liquid you are hurled over is blood mixed with a chemical that will peel the flesh off your bones. Any last words?

Edge: Yeah.

Edge superspits into Storms face.

Edge: That.

Valmar becomes enraged, and activates the mechanism.

Storm: Give our regards to the devil!

Edge begins to lower.

*This won't end well.*

<No s**t>

gregtestagent said:
Didn't seem to mention me on the pre-lim cast. Formal request being made RIGHT NOW! with some please and cherry on top.

I'll see how I can work you in

You might get Snipershots role, as a Sniper assassin

Very nice, Dante! :up:
Since Edge is the protagonist, I don't have to worry about him. Right? Right? :(
Can't wait for the next chapter!! :)

Swordmaster said:
Technically you're a minor protagonist, so...;)
YOu didn't answer me about Edge! :( Tell me he'll be okay so I can sleep well.
I am a minor protagonist.... That means you won't kill my character off? :D

You live. He'll live. Don't worry about him

...For now

Swordmaster said:
You live. He'll live. Don't worry about him

...For now
Thank you! I am relieved now. I don't mind dying, actually. If I do, make it real gruesome and don't let me die a coward. That's all I ask. :o

I can't reveal anything major. But it's gonna be cool what happnes

Swordmaster said:
I can't reveal anything major. But it's gonna be cool what happnes
I love surprises! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"