• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HYPESTERS MOVIE DRAFT 1999

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
dll4TQt.png

WELCOME TO THE HYPESTERS MOVIE DRAFT 1999

The Hypesters Movie Draft is where a group of individuals are task to select a wide variety of films in a particular year that fits into several genre categories (ex: Blockbuster, comedy, horror, animation, ect.) Once we have a group of people locked in, I will randomize the order in which we pick. We will then pick the films in snake order style (ex: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) until all the categories are filled. In order to do this without lag between picks, all participants must be available at in real time at a certain time and date. Once the draft is complete, a poll will be created to pick the winner of the draft by popular opinion. The poll will remain active for a week before the winner is crowned as Draft Champion of that year.

The Official 7 Categories

BLOCKBUSTER
DRAMA
COMEDY
HORROR
ANIMATED
FOREIGN LANGUAGE
WILD CARD

Ground Rules

1. The film has to have a theatrical/video/online release in the United Sates in the same draft year.

For instance, you can't pick a movie for the 2008 draft that was apart of a film festival in 2008, but had an official theatrical release in 2009. To verify if the film you want counts, look on IMDB for the USA release date (ex: The Dark Knight (2008) - Release Info - IMDb )

2. The film has to match the category you selected.

This can be very tricky as some films can fit in multiple categories, but for example if you're picking Iron Man (2008), you can't place that in Comedy or Drama as it's doesn't really fall into either category. A movie like Iron Man (2008) will fall only into Blockbuster or Wildcard where as a movie like Frankenweenie (2012) can fit into Animated or Horror. I know a lot of movies fall into a grey area like dramaedies (which you can put into Comedy or Drama) and it's something that can be hard to place into a category, but I trust the participants to use their best judgement and also use IMDB for help.

3. Details on certain categories.

For Blockbuster, I define that as a film that has reached $100 million or more in its original USA domestic box office release. To verify if the film counts as a blockbuster, use BoxOfficeMojo. If the draft is previous to the year 2000, I can modify the amount required at a later date.

Horror can be a wide variety of films that include thrillers as well.

Animated is defined as fully 2D, 3D, or Claymation/Stop Motion. Live action/Animated hybrids do not count.

Foreign Language is defined here as a film not spoken in the English language or not made in the USA, Canada, Australia or UK/British Isles. There is a bit of a grey area here as well, so participants should use their best judgement.

Wild Card is any film that was released in 1999.

I have randomly selected our draft order via the Picker Wheel

The official draft order is the following:

1. @Kaleb
2.@DarkSovereignty
3. @DarthSkywalker
4.@flickchick85
5. @Kane52630

MOVIE DRAFT TIME
SUNDAY APRIL 25TH AT 4PM EST

F8D0L0r.png

Last edited:
***Draft clarification***

For the Horror category, thrillers count under the umbrella of horror.

Just to make sure everyone is here @Kaleb @DarkSovereignty @flickchick85 @DarthSkywalker

We will begin drafting at 4:10PM EST

Our Draft Order is the Following:

1. Kaleb
2. DarkSovereignty
3. DarthSkywalker
4.flickchick85
5. Kane52630

We will then pick the films in snake order style until all the categories are filled.

EXAMPLE
1. Kaleb
2. DarkSovereignty
3. DarthSkywalker
4. flickchick85
5. Kane52630
5. Kane52630
4. flickchick85
3.DarthSkywalker
2. DarkSovereignty
1. Kaleb
1. Kaleb
2. DarkSovereignty
ect...

btw what is the time limit between each pick?

btw what is the time limit between each pick?

There isn't for this one but I might have to consider it in future drafts. Or if we do the draft on discord, it could cut the time in picks.

I don't know what Discord is...but I'm guessing it still requires everybody to be online at the same time? Not sure that will be any easier.

I don't know what Discord is...but I'm guessing it still requires everybody to be online at the same time? Not sure that will be any easier.
Pretty much, it's an online chat application (ie icq, MiRC)

Probably, but with discord you are able to have it on your phone and still participate.

I guess I'll wait 10 more minutes and if he's not on... then I unfortunately will have to remove him from this draft and continue on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"