I cannot text my brother but he can text me

Dave McFly

Sexy Badass!!
Reaction score
I just got a new phone and had it a little over a week and I have a minor (but starting to become a major one) problem I cannot text my brother OR anybody else. I am in NY he is in CA but both our numbers have the same area code cause he got his phone in NY before going out west. I can't text other people but they can text me, but when my brother texts me I get it but when I send him one or reply I get this:

+1121611611 (brother's number) Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code.
:dry:

I KNOW my brother's number is valid as I can call him fine on it and he can message me on it. I called Straight Talk (my carrier) support and we tried removing battery, and sim card (I have the ZTE Merit 'android') and put them back in and rebooted same thing. I talked to the AT&T people as they carry a version of the phone but since it is a ST phone they could not really help but they suggested me deleting my brother's contact info and re entering it both with and without his area code. same error, I was gonna exchange the phone thinking I have a bad phone, but I tried one last thing, I reset the phone back to factory settings and tried sending one by entering his ph # and it went through (no error this time) so I thought I fixed it.

well after entering my Google account and getting my contacts back I sent him another one to see if he got the older one okay and I JUST got the dang Error Invalid Number problem. so, what do you guys think, is it the phone which I HOPE it is. do not get me wrong I LOVE the phone the quality of calls is great and the 3G works very well, it is just the ONE person I text the most cannot get my texts and it is driving me up the dang wall :wall:

FYI I cannot text anybody I thought it was only my brother I could not text i sent one to a buddy of mine and it just bounced back, so please help.

Are you using the sim card that came with the phone?

Try texting yourself. Sometimes that helps.

it is the card that came with the phone my first phone with a sim card. I tried texting myself and it did not work sending one with a area code first does not bounce back but if a person replies and i reply back it bounces back. I am sure I got a bad phone i placed it on my desk a tad to hard (dropped it from a height of about an inch or 2) and it shut off and rebooted. I am gonna try to see what happens after I replace it.

Sounds good. Let us know what happens. :up:

swapped out phone and am all right in the world sent a test text to my buddy and one to my brother and both went through no bounce backs. I guess I just had a bad phone :woot:.

yeah I was on the phone with customer service 3 times, and talk to the fine folks at the AT&T store and we could not figure it out. so yeah the phone was bad new one is great, and no problems so far ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"