I kinda hope this movie bombs....

Tony Stark

Armored Avenger!
Reaction score
I'm going to see this movie opening weekend, so don't get on me too bad. But if this movie is a huge success, then the studio will just think that they can screw over the fans and get away with it.

These aren't their characters, if they're anyone's they're Stan Lee's and Jack Kirby's, but we are the ones who made them successful.

This isn't just about Cyke either, it's about the horrible use of Xavier's character in the trillogy, dispite a wonderful performance by Patrick Stewart. It's about blatantly changing the story lines from the comics, so it doesn't even remotely resemble the comics.

You can change a few things, ala Spider-man with organic webshooters, but what they've done in this film is the Equivalent of having Aunt May defeat Harry as the Green Goblin 2.

The Phoenix story was all about Jean and Scott, period. In fact I remember reading an old "What if.." book about "What if Dark Phoenix lived?" In that book Jean killed all the X-men, (I remember Collosus and Wovlie tried a fast ball special and Jean turned him around and made Collosus de-armor and Wolvie killed him). The last two were Cyke and Dark Phoenix. Cyke said something like "I'm sorry Jean but I can't let you do this..." He gave her the full optic blast, and Jean turned it around and killed him. When she saw what she did to Cyke, she was overwhealmed with guilt, and her rage and anguish over killing Scott caused her to destroy the whole universe and herself.

The book ends with the Beyonder saying something like, "Of all the universes I have seen this is the most tragic...."

Yet in the movies, Jean kills Scott and she feels nothing? In fact in the next scene she's wanting to get busy with Logan? WTH????

Now I am very much looking forward to Kelsey Grammar as Beast, and the Pyro vs. Ice-Man battle. There are going to be some good things in the movie, but they will by far be overshadowed by the bad.

Probably not, and if it doesn't, then the writers, Fox, et. all will know they screwed the fans over and got away with it.

i don't hope this movie bombs but i agree with what you're saying about what they did wrong

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for a boycott of the movie or any crap like that. I'm no fanboy...

But I guess if the movie bombs, there will be a tiny part of me that will enjoy that the writers screwed themselves, when they tried to screw us.

I don't...and it won't...if any X-men movies bomb it will be the Magneto spin-off...or even the Wolverine movie...or X4...if they make it.

if this movie bombs, we will see a wolverine movie and that will be it for atleast a decade.........

I highly doubt it. It's opening on Memorial Day and on a four-day weekend. Even if it sucks, it will make money.

Also if it bombs, Fox may relinquish the movie rights to the characters, and it will go back to Marvel under their new deal to produce their own movies. Where they will be treated with respect.

Part of me can't understand why Avi Arad allowed this to happen.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
I highly doubt it. It's opening on Memorial Day and on a four-day weekend. Even if it sucks, it will make money.

The Hulk bombed. It made money.

Tony Stark said:
Probably not, and if it doesn't, then the writers, Fox, et. all will know they screwed the fans over and got away with it.
I understand what you are saying ,

I'm kind of mixed on the whole thing.

on one hand , i don't wish to anybody to fail,

but on the other hand more than thinking that they can screw fans , i'm concerned that fox think they can do that kind of movie again and again with a rushed shedule , and a small running time..(and this time , even more with an average director imo, untill proven otherwise )

i hear that is a good movie yes..I hear especially that he could have been a great movie...

Mr Lex Luthor said:

Yes it will.

Yes, this franchise had made some HUGE missteps, mostly regarding Cyclops and Rogue. I can forgive the others, Xavier would look funny in the middle of a battle sequence. And Storm, from what I hear, has been corrected this time around.

Still, I want X3 to succeed. What I want is the Wolverine movie to be the biggest disaster Fox ever had. Are they really that clueless as to what will sell and bring fans in. After three movies that focused on him, people have had enough. It's called overexposure. Like when radio plays the same song SO MUCH that even though you used to like it, now you don't. If Logan was a supporting characterin X2 and X3, then a spinoff would make sense. Hugh should go back to Broadway or Australia.

To me what they've done is akin to making the Lord of the Rings where Frodo dies jumping into the Lava with the Ring instead of Golem.

Actually it would be like Frodo getting killed by Shelob, and Sam going to complete the quest.

I don't want it to bomb. If it does we won't even get an X4 all together.

Tony Stark said:
To me what they've done is akin to making the Lord of the Rings where Frodo dies jumping into the Lava with the Ring instead of Golem.

Actually it would be like Frodo getting killed by Shelob, and Sam going to complete the quest.
Yup.

I know , that soon people will come to say that it is stupid to wish that movie to fail for the reasons that you gave.

i wonder what some of those people would have said if instead of the phoenix saga and "the gift" , the First Morlock saga would have been adapted , and Storm would have been killed 15 minutes after the movie begin , to have her role filled by scott ...

can't you see Scott instead of Storm owning Callisto and becoming the leader of the Morlocks?;)

Not nessisarily, they're making Hulk 2.

As I said, it's not like I hope it bombs, but if it does a little part of me will want to rub it into the producers and screen writers.

while part of me wants fox and the writers to get screwd over..i also want to see X4.

Avi Arad sucks. And i understand where you're coming from. The story line was changed drasticly but that's because they want to appeal to the general audience. The X-men movies were made to be as realistic as possible. The phoenix being Jean's second, darker personality is easier to accept than her being a cosmic entity. And i'm not even talking about the Shi'ar empire.
I do think you're right to some extent about Fox getting away with treating fans like crap. At the risk of sounding like a broken record: they completely screwed over the Gambit fans and Cyclop fans.

Tony Stark said:
Not nessisarily, they're making Hulk 2.

As I said, it's not like I hope it bombs, but if it does a little part of me will want to rub it into the producers and screen writers.
Yeha, but they were planning on making a Hulk 2. And Rothman has every intention of making this the last X-Men movie unless it makes a lot of money imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"