Who is more badass Dark Willow or Dark Phoenix

Phoenix_Flare

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know ppl have been complaining that TLS ripped off BTS version of Dark Willow and did a half ass version with Jean...

I was watching the epi. where willow goes Dark and it made me realize that Willow had more time to go evil, we see her abusing her magic and Tara was murdered and she kicked Buffy's, Giles and Xander's asses, but Xander's words/friendship/love was able to bring her from that...

In TLS we really don't see why Jean goes dark, she comes back malevolent and kills Scott, but that doesn't set up for WHY she is Dark Phoenix nor do we understand her motives..

To me they kind of ripped of Buffy and tried to make the movie emotional, with Jean's story but we don't know what Jean went through, so we can't really feel for her.
So Dark Willow was more of bad ass, I understood why she did what she did...maybe if some1 else killed Scott then that would setup for an emotional story will Jean/Dark Phoenix

So what are your guys opinion?

XMTLS totally ripped it off (without even TRYING to change it). Buffy did it better though.

well I guess we were supposed to sympathize with Jean as she was a victim of her Phoenix persona, but Phoenix didn't get much development.

I know ppl have been complaining that TLS ripped off BTS version of Dark Willow and did a half ass version with Jean...

I was watching the epi. where willow goes Dark and it made me realize that Willow had more time to go evil, we see her abusing her magic and Tara was murdered and she kicked Buffy's, Giles and Xander's asses, but Xander's words/friendship/love was able to bring her from that...

In TLS we really don't see why Jean goes dark, she comes back malevolent and kills Scott, but that doesn't set up for WHY she is Dark Phoenix nor do we understand her motives..

To me they kind of ripped of Buffy and tried to make the movie emotional, with Jean's story but we don't know what Jean went through, so we can't really feel for her.
So Dark Willow was more of bad ass, I understood why she did what she did...maybe if some1 else killed Scott then that would setup for an emotional story will Jean/Dark Phoenix

So what are your guys opinion?

Well, Dark Phoenix in the comics was way before Dark Willow, so I would think Dark Phoenix was the one that came first. But the FX for Dark Phoenix in X3 did seem to resemble those for Dark Willow.

TLS tells us why Jean has a dark side. Her mutation is seated in her subconscious which is linked to instinctual and primal responses. Therefore, she could do something dangerous without conscious thought or control (like the nightmares mentioned in X2 in which Scott says the entire bedroom shakes around). So Xavier sectioned off her powers....with the unfortunate side-effect that a second personality developed. As Wolverine says 'when you cage the beast, the beast gets angry' - in other words, anger and resentment built up against Xavier and the idea of control or suppression. The scenes in the infirmary make all this clear. 'He's inside your head too, he's tamed you' and the emergence of Dark Phoenix at the mere mention of Xavier being able to 'fix it.'

True I do understand that Dark Phoenix had it out for Prof. X, but their's a dark side in all of us, I mean DP got her revenge on Charles, so why not end her story their?? I felt tlike the 2nd part of TLS was jus..."OK Im Phoenix, now what?" In BTVS Tara was worried that Willow was abusing magic...

In Buffy, Dark Willow had a motive to do what she did the love of her life was gone, so the rest fo the world wa gonna pay, Jean or the writers complety 4got about Scott in the 2nd half...

True I do understand that Dark Phoenix had it out for Prof. X, but their's a dark side in all of us, I mean DP got her revenge on Charles, so why not end her story their?? I felt tlike the 2nd part of TLS was jus..."OK Im Phoenix, now what?" In BTVS Tara was worried that Willow was abusing magic...

In Buffy, Dark Willow had a motive to do what she did the love of her life was gone, so the rest fo the world wa gonna pay, Jean or the writers complety 4got about Scott in the 2nd half...

Zak Penn clearly stated that they (the writers) lost their battles with the studio over the second half of the movie.

But we had all these discussions about a year ago. Why bring it all up again? Are you bored or something!?

EDIT: It's pretty much obvious that Phoenix didn't get enough development. It all seems to go wrong after she threatens Magneto with the cure darts. Sadly, for most of us it is obvious here that the studio is interfering in a negative way and not allowing the story to be told properly. I do know people who liked her standing round silently and regally, and thought it added more menacing unpredictability.... but I do think we needed more active scenes/dialogue from her later in the movie.

Willow was in a TV series so of course she had way way way more development
Phoenix needed more screentime and development i loved the way they made her character in the movie i dont have anything against that if they developed it more and showed more conflict
and did the third act as was origonally planned

what was originally planned for the third act? Besides the Washington DC stuff.

ok yes DW was based off of phoenix, but X3's phoenix totally ripped off DW. looks and everything

Visually, Phoenix is a rip-off of Carrie and Dark Willow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"