I Love / Hate eBay

Captain_BluTac

You Better Run
Reaction score
Well it seems nowadays everyone has bought stuff of ebay so I thought it would be cool if we had a thread where we can brag about a bargain or rant about getting ripped off so Brag / Rant away

i just got tmnt blu-ray for $15. made me happy

It can be cool when it goes right.But it goes wrong for me.
I tried to get this MP3 player.Send me a message saying it can broken.

they suspended my IP indefinitely, thing is I have no idea why. I won an auction normally and all that and the next day got an email. To appeal the suspension I'd have to fax a form along with a copy of my drivers license.

bat matt i should think one of two things happened someone hacked your account or that was a fake email which considering the license bit seems quite likely

nah, it's real. I can't log on if I go to ebay.com. I tried email them to see specifically what I "did" but they just said it was for abusing email

I hate it when people have an auto-bid thing on an item.
I was trying to find Star Trek Voyager on DVD, and found one for $45.
So I bid, and the next second, I was outbid.
I kept bidding till I got it up to $70. Show you to use that crap on me.
Then I found another that had buyitnow for $45.:woot:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=160194162947&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

I just bought that :up:

7e06_1.JPG

Ebay is f***ing ridiculous when it comes to selling your items, and I've gotta stay clear of Paypal.
Made around £60 with six items, and eBay and Paypal fees combined, took a tenner of that away.

I know I can list things on certain days to get it cheaper, but I shouldn't have to pay so much to list them.

I've only bought on ebay and everytime someone tries to outbid me in the last five minutes or so. Every purchase I have made on ebay has been outrageous and the result of desperation . Ebay raped me ! However I will return to the site again ... Ebay store is not so bad.

I have done well....dvds, video games, comics, a camera....all pretty good deals.....mostly bought at the last moment....usually I bought things in groups....I find a seller that has several smaller things I want to buy and go right to town....

The only thing I like about Ebay is the fact that "Weird Al" Yankovic wrote a song about it (set to the tune of BSB's "I Want It That Way", no less). I tried listing my old N64 on there, but when it didn't fetch any bids, I removed it...only to discover a few days later that $10 was removed from my bank account for the listing. :mad:

My first go with eBay was bidding on a red Star Trek dress, and I'm pretty sure it was a group I was bidding against. *******s. :cmad: It was pretty intense and a incredible rush, I'd rather not say how much I paid for it. :csad:

I also got a couple of Barbie Secret Spells. I had to have them. As soon as I saw the commercial I wanted it, so much controversy. They stopped selling them maybe a minute after that damn commercial aired. :mad:

I've only bought one thing out right. There's just too much stuff, sensory overload much.

I payed $500 for a camera, they got my money but I didn't get my camera, that was the first and last time I used Ebay :csad:

I used to sell quite a bit of golf equipment on eBay, never had an issue. Made a good deal of money.

I buy and sell on Ebay, but lately haven't been selling. I stopped selling due to the fact that most people out of the states I've sold to are lacking common sense. I don't know how many times they would pay parcel post which is around 4-6 weeks, especially since it's going to another country, then complain that they didn't recieve the item after a week.

I couldn't stand how many morons there are that buy on there. Sad to say(and I probably shouldn't) 90% were always from Canada. I don't know what they put in the water up north but there are way too many impatient people living there lol.

I buy and sell on Ebay, but lately haven't been selling. I stopped selling due to the fact that most people out of the states I've sold to are lacking common sense. I don't know how many times they would pay parcel post which is around 4-6 weeks, especially since it's going to another country, then complain that they didn't recieve the item after a week.

I couldn't stand how many morons there are that buy on there. Sad to say(and I probably shouldn't) 90% were always from Canada. I don't know what they put in the water up north but there are way too many impatient people living there lol.

Wow I deal with several companies from the states on a regular basis (and several more not on a irregular basis) and they ship in every way possible. I think the longest it's taken (except when they told me that it was out of stock) has been three weeks. There is no way it should take 4-6 weeks to ship something to Canada. Even the stuff I get from California which is the complete opposite corner of the continent usually takes less than three weeks and that was just regular mail. If it was taking your shipping company 4-6 weeks to get something shipped to Canada it's your fault for not finding a better method. I found Fed Ex has the best rate for the quickest delivery...I wouldn't touch UPS with a ten foot poll....Delivery maybe be slightly quicker but costs are about double......

I have also bought several things from the states through EBay and again the longest it has taken has been about 3 weeks.....CA, Oregon, Iowa, etc...

Wow I deal with several companies from the states on a regular basis (and several more not on a irregular basis) and they ship in every way possible. I think the longest it's taken (except when they told me that it was out of stock) has been three weeks. There is no way it should take 4-6 weeks to ship something to Canada. Even the stuff I get from California which is the complete opposite corner of the continent usually takes less than three weeks and that was just regular mail. If it was taking your shipping company 4-6 weeks to get something shipped to Canada it's your fault for not finding a better method. I found Fed Ex has the best rate for the quickest delivery...I wouldn't touch UPS with a ten foot poll....Delivery maybe be slightly quicker but costs are about double......

I have also bought several things from the states through EBay and again the longest it has taken has been about 3 weeks.....CA, Oregon, Iowa, etc...

That's why it would take 4-6 weeks(sometimes) because I would use USPS. I never used Fed Ex since their rates are incredibly too high. I tried once and people refused to pay the shipping amount I had calculated out for them.

ebay is awesome if you can find what you want. i was looking for some of the 90's indiana jones comics and i found two lots which made up almost all of them and got them for like £40, i only have like 5 issues left to get and damn it's impossible to find them and if i do they'er always at some stupid price:csad:

also sellling can get annoying when you have to sell outside your country...it takes people forever to understand that it takes longer to get to america cause it goes over the big blue thing...:dry:

love! i wouldent have been top spot without it.

I got me a Halo Grunt Action Clix off ebay for about $6.00

ebay is awesome!

I hate it when people have an auto-bid thing on an item.
I was trying to find Star Trek Voyager on DVD, and found one for $45.
So I bid, and the next second, I was outbid.
I kept bidding till I got it up to $70. Show you to use that crap on me.
Then I found another that had buyitnow for $45.:woot:

It's not really an auto-bid thing, they just put in the highest amount they want to pay for the item, you've gotta go over that amount, so they don't have to continuous check on the auction to see if they need to enter a new bid.

I used to buy a lot of stuff on Ebay. I thought it was the Second Coming, but the last two times I bought something I had a bad experience. As a result I haven't bought anything in a long while. Problem is, it's not Ebay, it's the people on it that are the problem. If you take out the human factor out of Ebay and Paypal, they'd both be perfect.

I use to sell alot of Alto Sax Jazz mouthpieces and always recieved my money on Paypal. I tried purchasing some DVD's and I always got ripped off. All in all Ebay is perfect, if you know the people that you're selling the items too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"