I need feedback on how to improve my blog

baby_webhead

Straight Edge
Reaction score
Hey Hypsters!
I've been trying to start a blog about creativity. The idea is to provide people with material that will stimulate them into coming up with good ideas. So far, i've been giving a few tips along with a few samples of creative pictures and videos.

I'd very much appreciate feedback on how i could improve it in terms of content. This blog is still less than a week old so it has a lot of shaping to do. Also let me know if you think the layout is alright.

Any suggestions would be great!

Here's the address: http://theorangespaceman.wordpress.com/

Give the symbolic nature of Martin Luther King Jr. Day in regards to accepting people who were once viewed as different and even inferior, I would like you to do a section in your blog on Furry acceptance and the end of Fursecution.

Find your real audience. "Everyone" is not an answer. "Everyone who wants to be creative" is not an answer either. It should be pretty specific.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of blogs that post all sorts of random stuff and eventually find an audience because of their distinctive voice, but they never start out as blogs with a purpose. You obviously have a purpose in mind, so the very first thing you should do is determine exactly who your ideal reader is. What do they do, what do they want to be, how old are they? And so on and so forth.

Also, many blogs don't get off the ground until months or even years of faithful blogging. So if you really want it to stick, keep at it.

Find your real audience. "Everyone" is not an answer. "Everyone who wants to be creative" is not an answer either. It should be pretty specific.

Thanks! I never really thought about that. The best i can come up with right of the top of my head now is "Boys and Girls Ages 17-25 who are trying to find their own creative style."

I probably still need to put more thought into it but do you think that's too general still?

Thanks! I never really thought about that. The best i can come up with right of the top of my head now is "Boys and Girls Ages 17-25 who are trying to find their own creative style."

I probably still need to put more thought into it but do you think that's too general still?
Yup, still too general.

I mean, what would you be giving your audience that they can't get anywhere else?

The question of what type of creativity are you referring to comes to mind.

Video
Music
Drawing / Painting
Writing
Building
Sculpture
Photography
and so on and so forth

Pick the medium that you are most comfortable in and discuss that. You can have minor asides into the other areas, but I recommend that you don't try to discuss all types of creativity all the time.

Oh, and once people hit the age of 20, I think it's time to refer to them as Guys and Gals instead of Boys and Girls.

My views have been increasing at a steady pace. yesterday was the most at 39 views :D

I think im going to be focusing on photo editing and video editing ideas and tutorials.

I remember when I started my blog about Halloween, I nearly crapped myself when I got 10 views in one day. Then a friend shared with me he was getting 1,000 a day. Course, he had been invested in his blog for years, but it was still a shot to the nuts. :o These days I can eek up to nearly a thousand on good days. So just keep at it, you'll find an audience slowly over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"