Superman Returns if it makes anybody feel any better...

h0metwnhero

Civilian
Reaction score
Returns just opened in a dollar theater around here last week. It broke its opening day record apparently. It says so on their sign listing the movies being played. SCORE ONE FOR SR...... REELING IN THE CHEAP BASTARDS. Millions of a dollars worth of sfx and people wait til they can pay a dollar to watch them. i hope they sit in ****.

**WATCH THE CRUDE TALK**

Hey I saw The Empire Strikes Back for a buck back in 1981, if anyone cares. :oldrazz: :woot:

At least people are still going to see the movie, thats the main thing and it also might bode well for the DVD sales if many see it in a dollar theatre and enjoy it.

Yeah I saw it in the dollar theater but won't be buying the DVD...unless I like the movie better a second time after renting it. Who knows it could happen, I liked Batman Begins more even though it's still no where near as good as people on Hype say that it is.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Yeah I saw it in the dollar theater but won't be buying the DVD...unless I like the movie better a second time after renting it. Who knows it could happen, I liked Batman Begins more even though it's still no where near as good as people on Hype say that it is.

Batman Begins is the best take on Batman so far in my opinion, the character finally get's a damn origin.

Showtime029 said:
Batman Begins is the best take on Batman so far in my opinion, the character finally get's a damn origin.
It is the best take on Batman, I just don't love it. I guess I did state my opinion as fact and for that I am sorry. I try to not act like most miscreants on this message board.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
It is the best take on Batman, I just don't love it. I guess I did state my opinion as fact and for that I am sorry. I try to not act like most miscreants on this message board.

I thought it was a solid movie, and I didn't have any expectations, so I was impressed. Of course there were plot holes and what not, but it was a Batman I wanted to see.

I know you don't. I've been watching. :wow: Good word by the way, miscreants.

BB is THE best CB movie out there at the moment by some way IMO, and i'm not even that much of a Batfan!

Batman Begins ROCKS. It's the best comick book movie, in my opinion. And for the guys who didn't like SR that much, you should check it out again, you might like it more (or not, I guess it depends on personal tastes.)

^Yes BB does rock, but so does SR, just not as much. And yes i think some would benefit from an SR re-watch, not all, but some.

Disagree ... best comic book movie is Hellboy -- if we're putting it in the same category, Pixar's Incredibles might be better. BB is a solid movie, no doubt, but I don't think it's better than either of the above mentioned -- and I think Katie really dropped it a few notches.

Na Spiderman 2 is the best CB movie to date and spidey 3 is heading in that direction to blow every good CBM out of the water.

explode7 said:
Na Spiderman 2 is the best CB movie to date and spidey 3 is heading in that direction to blow every good CBM out of the water.

The teaser looked mediocre in my opinion, and I don't like what they did with the backstory of Sandman. I am sure the trailer will help me move on from my reservations.

h0metwnhero said:
Returns just opened in a dollar theater around here last week. It broke its opening day record apparently. It says so on their sign listing the movies being played. SCORE ONE FOR SR...... REELING IN THE CHEAP BASTARDS. Millions of a dollars worth of sfx and people wait til they can pay a dollar to watch them. i hope they sit in ****.
(1) Leave the crude talk out of here...I edited your final word of the post.
(2) There are some people that can afford one dollar more than seven for a movie ticket.
(3) Some of the people who loved the movie and saw it a couple of times at $7......may be seeing it repeatedly again for $1...thus making up most of the record.

Damn...I paid about $10.00 each time...my name better be in the credits.

Showtime029 said:
Yep...it was the best take on the character in live action.....very well done. Even my parents, who are in their 70's, love it.

C. Lee said:
Yep...it was the best take on the character in live action.....very well done. Even my parents, who are in their 70's, love it.

I took my mom, who first watched the Donner movies with me. She loved it. My sister and her boyfriend also came along, they still are talking about it.

The 2nd time I went with my girlfriend and her parents. Her mom loved it, and she thought it was good, better than Begins but not as good as Spiderman. Her dad wanted Superman to punch something and asked where Zod was?

I only saw it twice.

Showtime029 said:
I took my mom, who first watched the Donner movies with me. She loved it. My sister and her boyfriend also came along, they still are talking about it.

The 2nd time I went with my girlfriend and her parents. Her mom loved it, and she thought it was good, better than Begins but not as good as Spiderman. Her dad wanted Superman to punch something and asked where Zod was?

I only saw it twice.
You misunderstood me....I was saying Batman Begins was the best take on the Batman character....and that my parents loved it. They haven't seen SR yet.

explode7 said:
Dude your parents are still alive.
Yeah:huh: ...they're both 73 years old....don't people live long where you're from?

C. Lee said:
You misunderstood me....I was saying Batman Begins was the best take on the Batman character....and that my parents loved it. They haven't seen SR yet.

Well then Mr. Lee...my apologizes.

My parents fell asleep while watching Begins. :batty:

73 is the new 63. X-Plode isn't hip to the game.

C. Lee said:

Yeah:huh: ...they're both 73 years old....don't people live long where you're from?

I was just joking what I meant to say was are they only 70yrs old :p

Showtime029 said:
Well then Mr. Lee...my apologizes.
No problem....you just misread it.

Showtime029 said:
My parents fell asleep while watching Begins. :batty:
Dad didn't want to watch it at all at first (he hated all the other ones)...but I talked him into it....and he's watched it at least 3 times now. Mom tends to like most comic book movies....but this is one of her favorites.

Showtime029 said:
73 is the new 63. X-Plode isn't hip to the game.
73 is the new 63.....and 49 is the new 29:woot:

explode7 said:
Old people!!!
The few...the proud....the old.

It proves we have what it takes to survive.

C. Lee said:
No problem....you just misread it.

Dad didn't want to watch it at all at first (he hated all the other ones)...but I talked him into it....and he's watched it at least 3 times now. Mom tends to like most comic book movies....but this is one of her favorites.

73 is the new 63.....and 49 is the new 29:woot:

I certainly did misread, since you were responding to a quote from me about Batman. :oldrazz:

My dad was more into it than my mom, he liked the emotion involved. Think it was a bit dark for mom.

I haven't hit 29 yet. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"