If they include the mob in the Batfleck universe

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If they include the mob in the Batfleck universe as far as characters like Carmine Falcone, Salvatore Maroni, etc. as background characters then who should play each character?

A few years back I'd like to have seen Dennis Farina as Falcone.

The mob only really works for early years Batman, I think.

Older Batffleck should live in a Gotham were only the "freaks" can survive.

The mob only really works for early years Batman, I think.

Older Batffleck should live in a Gotham were only the "freaks" can survive.

I agree with that. Maybe some references or even flashbacks to 'the old days', but I don't think they'd really fit in Batman's post-MoS/BvS world.

In the Gotham/Metropolis travel guide that came out during BvS marketing run, they mentioned the Falcone's and Maroni's crime family in past tense.

In the Gotham/Metropolis travel guide that came out during BvS marketing run, they mentioned the Falcone's and Maroni's crime family in past tense.

Is that something that's available online?

Yeah, so far the only live action adaptions where the mob have played a heavy part were in Batman's early days such as Batman Begins, Dark Knight, and Gotham.
Nolan versions of Carmine Falcone and Salvatore Maroni.
latest

16ed5899e54e250b062a6b11cd46b3c3.jpg

Gotham versions of Carmine and Salvatore.
latest

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought the guy who played Falcone in Gotham was very good - he was one of the few things I liked about the show.

I agree with that. Maybe some references or even flashbacks to 'the old days', but I don't think they'd really fit in Batman's post-MoS/BvS world.

Matt Reeves does wonders with cgi in the Apes movies. I wouldn't mind if we got a de-aged Ben Affleck and a flashback to this scene.
[YT]wPlWRXL3C9I[/YT]
BatmanYearOne_06.jpg

Matt Reeves does wonders with cgi in the Apes movies. I wouldn't mind if we got a de-aged Ben Affleck and a flashback to this scene.
[YT]wPlWRXL3C9I[/YT]
BatmanYearOne_06.jpg

I recently reread Year One. That would be very nice!

[YT]wPlWRXL3C9I[/YT]
BatmanYearOne_06.jpg

I definitely want to see this adapted, but they should hold off on origin elements for a little while. Until it makes sense at least. Going backwards should inform the present, and with this scene in particular there's not a lot of wiggle room as to why it would be relevant.

One direction would be to showcase it in a film where Bruce's downfall is perhaps at its lowest. It would be a nice parallel to how it all began; in a moment of pure despair and hopelessness.

I don't think the mob should be a force in Gotham, but I'd like to see remanants of their power still polluting the city. Like, maybe Councilman Thorne is still in office even though Batman and Gordon managed to clean out most of the mafia-tied politicians, with the result being he's a scrappy, manipulative, and cunning crook who runs the remaining old school mafiosos. Maybe Penguin and his Iceberg Lounge is literally the demarcation between Thorne's skels and the Freaks of Gotham, with Penguin having a foot in both worlds.

Otherwise, I think Gotham should by and large be a chaotic, pseudo-feudalistic underworld of crime, with numerous small gangs operating with shifting loyalty, though with the Joker being the most dominant warlord (as befitting the King of Gotham thing from Suicide Squad). And some of the other Freaks shouldn't really operate organized crime gangs in the traditional sense, but instead have crews of mercenaries they gather for a handful of jobs. I don't want Two-Face bowing to Joker at all, and neither should Croc, and having them put together a small gang for specific jobs does that.

Alternatively, maybe Catwoman controls what's left of the less dangerous criminals in Gotham, like blackmail and fencing, using leftover connections from Falcone and Calabrese members.

BatmanYearOne_06.jpg

Andy Serkis as the bat!

I remember the Iceberg Lounge was mentioned in that.

I think that classic mob like Falcone and Maroni should, like in comics, be something Batman managed to eradicate in his earlier days. There should be unconventional modern mob-bosses like Two-Face and Black Mask that present a different kind of criminal element in this universe, but if the likes of Falcone and Maroni are still around, then that old question of purpose of Batman and whether he made Gotham better or worse persists. Matter of fact, it proves that Batman's crusade is inconsequential if he wasn't able to deal with the mob permanently.

I would like to hear it mentioned by someone like Alfred and Gordon, though.

I'd prefer the "freak mob" this time around.

Penguin
Two-Face
Black Mask
Ventriloquist and Scarface

Thorne is the only one I'd like to see. Falcone and Maroni work best in the early days

Freaks should control the mob. Guys like Penguin, Black Mask and Ventriloquist

Well since Affleck's Bruce is terrible at being Batman, I'm sure Falconi and Maroni are still around doing their thing, at the top.

I think that classic mob like Falcone and Maroni should, like in comics, be something Batman managed to eradicate in his earlier days. There should be unconventional modern mob-bosses like Two-Face and Black Mask that present a different kind of criminal element in this universe

:up:

I would like to hear it mentioned by someone like Alfred and Gordon, though.

It would be a nice touch.

Aside from Thorne, no thanks, as we've had them before and as others are saying, they work better in the early days. My pick for Thorne would be Brian Cox.

Maybe quick flashbacks to Carmine Falcone, Tony Zucco and Salvatore Maroni, but would prefer Rupert Thorne and Alberto Falcone get a chance. Something different.

But as others said, the "freak" mob like Penguin, Black Mask and The Ventriloquist would be great too.

Maybe quick flashbacks to Carmine Falcone, Tony Zucco and Salvatore Maroni, but would prefer Rupert Thorne and Alberto Falcone get a chance. Something different.

But as others said, the "freak" mob like Penguin, Black Mask and The Ventriloquist would be great too.

I think that both the Nightwing and Batgirl movies could be good opportunities to do entire 'flashback films' which, while not taking place in the earliest solo-Bat years, might occur a good decade before BvS.
Batman and organized crime could both be significant elements in Richard and Barbara's solo adventures, with the mob having easy natural tie-ins to a Nightwing movie (one could imagine a pretty great Nightwing adventure modeled after the great 'Robin's Reckoning' episodes of B:TAS, with flashbacks to the murder of The Flying Graysons, and a mature Dick Grayson taking down every member of the Zucco crime family involved in the murder conspiracy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"