If they include the mob in the Batfleck universe

I definitely want to see this adapted, but they should hold off on origin elements for a little while. Until it makes sense at least. Going backwards should inform the present, and with this scene in particular there's not a lot of wiggle room as to why it would be relevant.

One direction would be to showcase it in a film where Bruce's downfall is perhaps at its lowest. It would be a nice parallel to how it all began; in a moment of pure despair and hopelessness.

Yeah save that for a Court of Owls maze hallucination and pair it with the death of Jason Todd for less obvious setup (for the layman) for the Red Hood (or maybe merge both and just make it so the court grabbed Todd's body and rezzed him and turned him into the lead Talon).

But I go to a Batman movie to escape from the real world

I don't want to see the 'traditional mob' in modern Batman tales, but there is something almost comforting in seeing 'zoot suited' gangsters in his earlier adventures! :yay:

I don't want to see the 'traditional mob' in modern Batman tales, but there is something almost comforting in seeing 'zoot suited' gangsters in his earlier adventures! :yay:

Yes.
Referring back to Tacit Ronin's original 'billionaire oligarchs' post- there are currently some real-life figures on the world stage who are every bit as cartoonish as a '40's-'50's Batman comic book mobster or a '60's Bond movie villain!

The traditional mobsters is more my cup of tea. But for an older Batman, I want be Maronis and Falcones to be dead or in prison. Freak gangsters make more sense. If you have Joker as the head of his own mob and club, then I want to see Black Mask and Penguin at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"