IGN tests the 360's console noise before and after NXE game install

I would love to use this feature, but it will be killer on my hard drive's memory. :csad:

impressive. Right now I have the smallest hard drive, but that may be enough. I only play one game at a time anyway.

Yea this actually looks to be the first thing that would actually take up memory on my HD. Iv had the 20gig since launch and have over 9 gigs still left, but this will deff wipe out whats left. Looks like ima need a bigger HD.

Same here. It's a great feature to have for the current game you're playing.

My only question is if saved games are still kept in a separate folder, or if you remove the copy from the hard-drive does it remove the saved games as well

I'm sure saved games are kept seperate.

That's great! Just want the 120gb hard drive so I do not have to worry about running out of space.

Man this feature is stupid. I was excited because I thought I could burn multiple games and switch between games without getting up to change disks (lazy i know) but turns out you still have to have the disk in for the burned games to work, which defeats the point. I don't mind the the 360's noise level since i usually have the sound up to drown it out anyway

Man this feature is stupid. I was excited because I thought I could burn multiple games and switch between games without getting up to change disks (lazy i know) but turns out you still have to have the disk in for the burned games to work, which defeats the point. I don't mind the the 360's noise level since i usually have the sound up to drown it out anyway

Same here. If games aren't played in surround sound at a high enough volume it jut isn't worth it.

Why would they want you to burn an entire game, then give it to a friend to burn and so on and so forth?

So I guess you've never played anything on the PC.

Its to prevent individuals from just renting a game then burning it which would essentially be ripping of the developer and the publisher. Its a good feature.

The noise level was never an issue for me, but it's good regardless. The install to the hard drive (a whopping 6.8GB download) is gonna be a problem though. With all the DLC I have on my current hard drive, I only have 4 GB left, so it might be time to upgrade. They should bring down the prices for those 120 GB hard drives.

I have a 20GB hard drive myself, but not much DLC, I should be okay.

Sometimes mine sounds like it's chewing the disc and it scares the hell out of me.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me since I never really notice the 360 being loud. It's easy to tune out when you're focused on the game itself with the sound at a decent level.

I was much more excited about the prospect of installs reducing load times, but apparently that doesn't happen at all. :(

I'll be installing quite a few games to my harddrive so I don't have to hear the disc spinning. I wonder if it'll help lock ups and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"