Do you feel lucky, punk? The official Dirty Harry game thread

Reaction score
They are making a Dirty Harry game for Xbox360 and Ps3.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

The f***ing Collective is making it.

Also re-mastered 5 DVD collection next year, to coincide with videogame release.

------------

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590572p1.html

Dirty Harry Hits Next-Gen Consoles
Go ahead: make my game. (Can you blame us for that one?)
by David Adams

February 24, 2005 - Long a legend on the screen, Clint Eastwood's gruff Lt. Harry Callahan is about to make his mark in videogames, as Warner Bros. Interactive, along with Eastwood's Malpaso and The Tehama Companies, announced today the development of Dirty Harry games for next-generation consoles.

Eastwood himself will work with Warner Bros. in creating the first game, offering creative input and voicing the role of "Dirty" Harry Callahan himself (who else could do it?).

Clint Eastwood hopes the new games will keep Dirty Harry alive. "This will be an opportunity to satisfy the many requests over the years to continue the Dirty Harry legacy, only now in the video game medium," he said. "Creating Dirty Harry video games will also introduce this memorable film character to new generations on a medium they appreciate."

"Mr. Eastwood is both an incredible performer and an amazing creative talent, and it is an honor to work with him to bring the Dirty Harry franchise credibly to the video game space," said Jason Hall, Senior Vice President of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "The character and content of the Dirty Harry films perfectly lend themselves to telling new and compelling stories to both established and new gameplaying audiences."

Clint Eastwood's acidic San Francisco cop was born in 1971 in Don Siegel's Dirty Harry, when Eastwood took a lead role originally intended for Frank Sinatra, and made screen history. The film spawned a series of sequels, including 1973's Magnum Force and 1983's Sudden Impact.

Warner Bros. plans to bring the first Dirty Harry game to next-gen systems -- i.e., the PlayStation 3 and the next Xbox. The company has not yet decided, however, whether the title will come to current consoles or the PC. The game will be developed by a third-party studio, to be announced soon.

--------------

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/614/614603p1.html

E3 2005: Dirty Harry Developer Revealed
Want a hint? Think light sabers and pointy wooden stakes.
by David Adams

May 16, 2005 - Back in February, Warner Bros. Interactive announced it had partnered with Clint Eastwood's Malpaso and The Tehama Companies to translate the Dirty Harry film universe to video games. Today, Warner Bros. concretized its game plan by announcing that it has chosen The Collective to develop the first Dirty Harry game.

Now a division of Foundation 9, The Collective is known for fan favorite Buffy the Vampire Slayer and, most recently, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

"Working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Clint Eastwood to create a compelling, state-of-the-art game that brings Dirty Harry Callahan to life on next generation consoles is very exciting," said Doug Hare, co-founder and Vice President of Production for The Collective. "We are focused on creating genre defining story-telling gameplay, along with next generation graphics depicting action-packed sequences that are consistent with the renowned films."

Dirty Harry is in development for next-generation consoles. We'll have even more on the title as news comes in.

-------------------

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707115p1.html

E3 2006: Eastwood, Hackman, Fishburne Get Dirty
The actors will be lending their voices and likeness to the Dirty Harry game.
by Daemon Hatfield

May 10, 2006 - Warner Bros. Interactive announced today Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, and Lawrence Fishburne will all be providing their voices and likeness to the upcoming videogame based on the Dirty Harry franchise.

Hackman will portray Police Supervisor Al Bressler and Fishburne will be Reverend Carlton Clay. Eastwood will be playing--wait for it--Harry Callahan.

Currently in development at Warner Bros. Interactive, Clint Eastwood is consulting on key creative aspects of the game. Stay tuned for more Dirty Harry info from the show floor here at E3.

------------------

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590652p1.html

Dirty Harry: Quick 'n' Dirty Q&A
We check in with Warner Bros. on the just-announced next-gen series.
by David Adams

February 24, 2005 - Earlier today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced a series of next-generation console games based on the classic Dirty Harry films. The first title, to be developed by an as-yet-undisclosed studio, has the involvement of Clint Eastwood himself, who will provide creative input as well as lend his voice and likeness to the title.

We checked in with Jason Hall, Senior Vice President at Warner Bros. Interactive (and former CEO of Monolith), to get some more Dirty Harry dirt -- at least, as much as Hall is able to offer.

IGN: Did the Dirty Harry project originate at Warner Bros. Interactive, and then involve soliciting Clint Eastwood, or did Eastwood come to you?

Jason Hall: We thought Dirty Harry would be a perfect property and character for video games, and we were delighted to find Clint was more than receptive to collaborating with WBIE on bringing the franchise to gamers.

IGN: What is it like working with Clint Eastwood?

Jason Hall: Clint Eastwood is an absolute gentleman. We are excited to get the chance to work with such a creative legend and look forward to working with him more as we progress in the development of the game.

IGN: Will the Dirty Harry games recreate the plots of the films, or are you working on original storylines?

Jason Hall: The games will have original storylines based on the established character and world from the films.

IGN: Have you recruited anyone else from the original Dirty Harry crew, along with Eastwood?

Jason Hall: Our partnership with Clint Eastwood is all we are announcing now.

IGN: How will Dirty Harry play? Are we looking at a straight-forward action title, or maybe something along the lines of Grand Theft Auto, as EA seems to be doing with The Godfather?

Jason Hall: We will have more game details to announce soon.

IGN: You've announced Dirty Harry as a next-generation console game. What will distinguish the game as distinctly next-gen?

Jason Hall: Those details will be disclosed later.

IGN: Does Warner Bros. have other classic films set to be reborn in games?

Jason Hall: You'll have to wait for future announcements but rest assured we are taking a close look at all of our options.

IGN: Most importantly, for our records, what's your favorite Dirty Harry film?

Jason Hall: All of them!

----------------

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/707/707407p1.html

E3 2006: Dirty Harry First Look
Walk the line between bad cop and even worse cop.
by Hilary Goldstein

May 10, 2006 - Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is stepping into the gaming arena. While the young developer/publisher has previously worked on games, including EA's Batman Begins, the company is ready to build itself into a major force. A main piece of that strategy was revealed Wednesday at E3. Dirty Harry is coming to next-gen consoles in 2007. Coinciding with the game release is a re-mastered five-disc DVD Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry set.

Dirty Harry takes place between the first and second films. Set in 1970's San Francisco, the game features the voice talents of Clint Eastwood, Lawrence Fishburne and Gene Hackman. Along with lending his voice and likeness to Dirty Harry, Eastwood is also acting as creative consultant. The role is minimal, but WBIE has regular meetings with Eastwood to get his input on story and design.

Eastwood stated that he was often asked when he would make another Harry movie. As the actor/director joked, he could imagine scenes where Harry was retired, fly fishing with a .44 Magnum. With videogames, Harry Callahan can live again, with Clint magically restored to his '40s.

The trailer is neither CG cut-scene nor actual gameplay. Instead, WBIE gave their models and engine schematics to an animation house, which produces the trailer. It's a simulation of the gameplay, which is promised to equal the game quality already seen in house. The level of detail was impressive. The hills of San Francisco have never looked better and the '70s vibe was in full effect. Dirty Harry's face is a spitting image of the movie version. Most impressive was how perfect developer The Collective captured Eastwood's steely gaze.

The highlight was when Harry shoved a crook's head in a vice and was squeezin' it, a la an interrogation scene from The Punisher. "The head in the vice gag," Eastwood quipped, "I never thought of that one before."

The trailer, which offered no true sense of the actual gameplay, ended with the classic scene from Sudden Impact. The "Do you feel lucky punk" line was pulled straight from the film as Eastwood has not yet recorded voice over for the game.

WBIE was reluctant to release details on the gameplay or the plot, but offered a few hints. The story, while not a 100% connective thread from the first to second Harry flick, will "explore the character more." While it was never confirmed, it sounded like Harry would offer a free-roaming San Francisco. "The city of San Francisco can be a character," WBIE VP Jason Hall said. "It can live."

One key aspect of gameplay was discussed in slight detail. As in the films, Harry walks the line between bad cop and psychopath. Players will also walk that line. The game features reactive AI, both for crooks and cops. While there was no further explanation, it appears that if you are soft on crooks, they may not take Harry seriously. On the other end, going to nuts will put you in trouble with the police chief.

Dirty Harry won't arrive until the first half of 2007. We'll have more later this year.

---------------
I will bump this thread as soon as new info hits.
This thread will be my baby.

I need to see this movie still.

Or like the Godfather, just play the game and become familiar with it that way. The good thing about videogames is that it can bring franchises like this to a whole new audience (and the five disc dvd would be a good starting point).

I love characters like this. They take absoloutly no **** whatsoever, in the name of justice (not the pathetic mockery it has become), so I cannot wait to play this.

BTW games I am SURE I saw a trailer up at gametrailers.com...I cant see trailers on my crappy comp so Im not positive :( But I am 60% sure....

Horrorfan said:
I need to see this movie still.

Or like the Godfather, just play the game and become familiar with it that way. The good thing about videogames is that it can bring franchises like this to a whole new audience (and the five disc dvd would be a good starting point).

I love characters like this. They take absoloutly no **** whatsoever, in the name of justice (not the pathetic mockery it has become), so I cannot wait to play this.

BTW games I am SURE I saw a trailer up at gametrailers.com...I cant see trailers on my crappy comp so Im not positive :( But I am 60% sure....

trust me, no game can fully capture the awesomeness that is Dirty Harry. watch the movies, or at least the first one. it'll be more than worth your while, specially since you like characters who take s#!t from no one.

Horrorfan said:
Obviously you never played the first Buffy game.
It's been a long time since then. Now they make garbage like "Marc Ecko: The Ultimate Sellout" and "The Da Vinci Code".

WHF: Don't worry, buddy.
I'm sure this game will be awesome, I mean, they have Clint as a special badassness consultant! And it won't have gimmicky painting or puzzles, sounds more like a badass GTA in a living SF with an emphasis on shooting and arresting criminals.
I can't wait!

WhatsHisFace said:
It's been a long time since then. Now they make garbage like "Marc Ecko: The Ultimate Sellout" and "The Da Vinci Code".

I don't like Marc Ecko, his whole gimmick was lame, but I played a demo of the game and it was very well done. I wouldn't buy it because the story and style and stuff are pants, but the actual game was solid enough.

Gammy v.2 said:
WHF: Don't worry, buddy.
I'm sue this game will be awesome, I mean, they have Clint as a special badassness consultant! And it won't have gimmicky painting or puzzles, sounds more like a badass GTA in a living SF with an emphasis on shooting and arresting criminals.
I can't wait!

HELL YEAH........CLINT EASTWOOD KICKS ASS! :marv:

OR AT LEAST HE DID WHEN HE WASN'T 80 YEARS OLD. :O

Bump the thread, punk :mad:

post-36-1115765209.jpg

speaking of movie game adaptations, i heard they were making a game on heat.

heat would make an awesome game.

The Riddler said:
speaking of movie game adaptations, i heard they were making a game on heat.

heat would make an awesome game.

I read that too!! That movie was so awesome, I wonder if you get to play as Pacino or DeNiro

Back on topic

That Dirty Harry game looks cool as hell!! When is it going to be released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"