I'm officially a college graduate now.

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
After 4 years (and a lot of years dicking around before that), I finally graduated yesterday. Such a bittersweet feeling - I'm proud to have accomplished it and happy to be done, and move on to new things, but I'm also going to miss the college life. It's been a pretty good ride the past 4 years.

Now to start paying back those loans... ugh...

Good luck paying those loans off. I've been out of school for a few years now and I'm still paying back the loans. I think I will probably have to take out some more for grad school.

Congrats, tried to find a funny picture - this one works, I think -

College+Graduate+Dog.+He+has+his+diploma+in+barkonomics_2ba782_4437847.png

Good luck paying those loans off. I've been out of school for a few years now and I'm still paying back the loans. I think I will probably have to take out some more for grad school.

I've thought about grad school, but I'm not sure if I want to or not.

I have one friend who paid off all her loans in a year... working retail... and had about as much out in loans as I do. So it's possible. Though I don't expect to be paid off in a year.

Congrats, tried to find a funny picture - this one works, I think -

College+Graduate+Dog.+He+has+his+diploma+in+barkonomics_2ba782_4437847.png

I didn't see a picture, just a broken link :(

Congratulations on graduating
Good luck with those darn disgusting awful loans you repay

Mike, Nell, and others, take it from your experience with already heavy debts, and don't loan more for grad school, it won't be worth the extra arm and a leg
One member here already regrets getting Masters

Good luck out there! I start my Freshman year in the fall.

Congrats bro! Good luck in your future, and paying those loans. :D

Mike, Nell, and others, take it from your experience with already heavy debts, and don't loan more for grad school, it won't be worth the extra arm and a leg
One member here already regrets getting Masters

I'm kind of torn about it. I'm stuck in a dead end job that barely pays my bills. I can continue doing it and pay my loans off or I can take a chance with a masters and hope I come away with a better paying job at the end of it. Of course there's no guarantee that I will get a job after the masters degree. I've heard of people graduating from law school and only finding a job at Starbucks afterward.

Congrats! You did something many will never have a chance to even attempt. You have a leg up on a lot of society. So during the tough times paying back loans just remember your future is more secure than most and you have your own hard work to thank. :)

I'm kind of torn about it. I'm stuck in a dead end job that barely pays my bills. I can continue doing it and pay my loans off or I can take a chance with a masters and hope I come away with a better paying job at the end of it. Of course there's no guarantee that I will get a job after the masters degree. I've heard of people graduating from law school and only finding a job at Starbucks afterward.
Too risky, it's a gamble
Maybe you're better off having another job aiding the one you already have

A little off-topic, but since we're discussing colleges, does anyone know of anyone IRL who did the seven year program like Van Wilder? I did 5 because I transferred from a business school to a liberal arts school, but only half my credits transferred. And I knew a burnout who stumbled through six. But lucky 7? I think most colleges kick you off-campus when you hit 25.

A little off-topic, but since we're discussing colleges, does anyone know of anyone IRL who did the seven year program like Van Wilder? I did 5 because I transferred from a business school to a liberal arts school, but only half my credits transferred. And I knew a burnout who stumbled through six. But lucky 7? I think most colleges kick you off-campus when you hit 25.

A few members of the student union executive back in my day were on their 6th or 7th year of their undergraduate program, including the president himself, I think. I guess when you've been locked into a pattern of behaviour that seems to accord you some respect, you want to keep doing it for as long as possible.

A little off-topic, but since we're discussing colleges, does anyone know of anyone IRL who did the seven year program like Van Wilder?
I fell from BSc programme to Diploma, had to take 3 more years to complete college, cause I had to repeat some subjects, I took a watered down version of those
7 years + orientation course

No, I don't think so. I started college at 26, and know lots of people over 25.

I think as long as you're taking the required amount of courses, and not flunking out, you can take classes as long as you want.

He meant if you start college at 17-18 years old

I still don't think it matters. I know people who were on the long term plan. They won't kick you out unless you're flunking out of your classes, or not taking a certain amount of classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"