I'm seeing some large gaps in mid-late 90s comics

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
While I'm happy that the 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s are now almost completely collected in one form or another, there are large gaps in the mid-late 90s. The Heroes Reborn comics get reprinted along with the Clone Saga but almost all of the X-Men and Hulk comics are left to never be collected. X-Men and Uncanny X-Men fare slightly better but Generation X and Cable have entire eras that have never seen the light of day. Marvel even canceled the finale of X-Man's series and cut out the entire middle part, making continuity impossible to follow.

While it was by no means the greatest era of all time, I can't hep but feel that Marvel is ignoring multiple important arcs that I'll never be exposed to. As a kid, I followed the first few issues of Mutant X and now I know that I'll never be able to finish that series.

Why is Marvel so resistant to publishing any of this?

They'll come around. They used to be anti-everything having to do with the Clone Saga...

They'll come around. They used to be anti-everything having to do with the Clone Saga...

Well technically that's 11 trades. The problem with not making most issues available is that certain pivotal points are simply no longer available and that gets in the way of continuity. Plus, I may be alone in this but I absolutely love mid-late 90s/early 200s ultra-saturated coloring.

The Road to Onslaught Vol 1 being reprinted is a great first step since I absolutely love Joe Mad's art and his may not be as realistic as somebody like Jim Lee, Salvador Larroca or Steve Epting but sometimes I like ultra-stylized and he's nowhere near as bad as Steve "One-Face" Dillon or Greg "I Trace Templates" Land when both of them are held in much higher regard today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"