Images of Nintendos 'Virtual Console'

Sa-weet. I'm glad they showed something concerning the virtual console.

It's just showing what the menus will be like for when you buy some of the classic games.

SQQQQQQQQQQquuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cool, I love the design. Have they mentioned whether the VC will be available worldwide?

How do you obtain the retro games? Do you have to pay for each game and you download it? does that mean that the WII comes with a built in hard drive?

Awesome. I loved N64, I can't wait until wii comes out

Is this an addition to the Wii or this is a completely different console?

Majin Boo said:
How do you obtain the retro games? Do you have to pay for each game and you download it? does that mean that the WII comes with a built in hard drive?
I believe they'll be saved on to 512 MB flash memory

Schweet. I'm definetely getting a Wii. Because being a retro gamer, I'll definetely be getting alot of the old school games!

:up:

Well if you have to pay for them...I hope they are cheap. :up:

Otherwise it'd be easier just to go and buy the original consoles and look for the games on ebay :up:

Majin Boo said:
but do you pay for each game?
Yeah, there'll be a fee for each game, no actual prices have been revealed yet though.

Looks very good.

Majin Boo, the prices have not been announced. I did read that the more recent games will cost more than the older games (N64 games will cost more than NES). I'm guessing the Sega and Turbo games will cost more than Nintendo games.

That's obvious though.

But I'm more interested in the older games to be honest.

(Puts on his nostalgia hat)

I'm hoping that for the Nes games, you have to open up the console and blow hard, when the game doesn't work first time ;):D:up:

So tell me, what is the advantage of paying for the old school games, that I can get via Roms for free of the net?

Majin Boo said:
So tell me, what is the advantage of paying for the old school games, that I can get via Roms for free of the net?
Controller works better than a keyboard.
Online play that isn't give your friend your IP address and play a slideshow.
Original Content
Legal.

The feature is a perk, basically the Nintendo version of xbox live with more features.

With that logic, why buy Gears of War (When it comes out), Oblivion, etc. when you can just torrent them for free?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"