Imax - how's your Imax Cinema?

robot

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is the Imax I watched MOS on 3 times.

It's about 4 story high, with a curved screen, and the latest dual Barco 4K projectors and Laser Guided sound. Notice the 2 giant speakers at the back, rather than tiny ones on the sides of other cinemas?

The sound system is crystal clear and chest pounding when it needs be.

[YT]6tljdLPZ5TI[/YT]

I live near Houston, so I saw TDKR at the Edwards Theaters Houston Marq*E Stadium 23 IMAX Movie Theater, which was awesome because it's the perfect size and it fills your vision.

But I was in Austin when I saw Man of Steel, and the AMC IMAX I went to there was just a plain ripoff. It was just a normal screen with a couple of seats in the theater removed and the sound blasted way too high. I saw This Is the End a day later and the regular screens were even smaller.

I live near Houston, so I saw TDKR at the Edwards Theaters Houston Marq*E Stadium 23 IMAX Movie Theater, which was awesome because it's the perfect size and it fills your vision.

But I was in Austin when I saw Man of Steel, and the AMC IMAX I went to there was just a plain ripoff. It was just a normal screen with a couple of seats in the theater removed and the sound blasted way too high. I saw This Is the End a day later and the regular screens were even smaller.

Yeah I know. There are so many versions of Imax. This sucks because a lot of people thinks that Imax is just over-hyped when they end up going to one which is not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"