In Memoriam of Terry (terry78)

Lily Adler

🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,

It is with great sadness that we pass along this news to you: we've recently learned that our friend @terry78 has passed away after a long illness. He was 43-years-old. Terry was not just a member of our mod family, but a longtime, highly-valued member of this community in general. One of the most level-headed, fair-minded members we had here, it's no mystery why he won the popular vote for the Hypetime Achievement Award back in 2019. The man was here for nearly 20 years and only made friends, not enemies. He was just an all-around good guy who was always a pleasure to interact with, and he was taken from us far too soon. Rest in Peace, Terry. Your positive energy will be very sorely missed.

Since Terry was part of the old guard, a lot of his oldest friends here come by the Hype far less frequently than they used to, so we'll be leaving this post stickied for quite some time so that any who return have a chance to see it. Anyone should feel free to leave their thoughts, feelings, condolences or memories/stories about Terry here.

I legit wept when we found this out. :csad:

Terry was one on here that I really considered a friend, he was always one of the funniest dudes on the site. :applaud

I never met him in person of course, but I always thought highly of him, from Georgia to Illinois. I especially enjoyed the news articles he would post, and I quite often would respond with a pun to match up with said article. :yay:

He would usually tell me to F off afterward.

He once told me that according to his dad, he was named after Terence Stamp, and so I thusly challenge everybody to watch Superman and Superman II this week, and kneel before Zod in remembrance of our dear friend, terry78

:waa:

I didnt know Terry nearly as well as many on here probably did. But I never had anything but positive interactions with him on here. He was a great member of the community, and yeah this sucks. :csad:

It's been a while since I've posted on here but Terry was someone I hold in such high regard I couldn't help to come and offer my two cents. Terry was one of the nicest guys I've ever met online. Someone who was always there to post the latest news articles and a genuinely funny guy. It's such a shame that it took this long to find out about his passing but that's one of the tradeoffs of internet anonymity. Rest in Peace Terry, we'll see you later.

SO very sad news, absolute diamond and love & thoughts with his nearest & dearest right now. May you rest in peace in the same way you illuminated many of our lives right here.

Sleep well sir.

Big hugs from us all.

This was a horrible shock. Terry was one of the few ever-present posters since I joined with at least some contribution most days. All of it friendly, mostly light-hearted, often funny, never anything the slightest bit negative. Very rare to get someone like that who was such a consistent boost/support to the Hype family over such a long period. We’ve lost one of our top posters and nicest guys. Hopefully he rests well now and all the best to his family. :csad:

I always had positive interactions with him and never saw him have a cross word with anybody in all our years here. He was so ever-present, too. Feels like the Hype has lost a major part of itself, it's such a huge loss to our community. :( We sure will miss ya, Terry. My condolences go out to his loved ones.

I am shocked.

Terry was a really funny clever presence in this community that seemed like the kind of dude you'd meet picking up your weekly pull list and you could talk about anything genre fan related and have a good time.

So young too.

Rest In Power Terry.

@terry78 and i have been members here for about 17 years together. we've talked on the hype and off and he was such a good energy guy. always enjoyed our banter and i did shed some tears this morning while getting ready for work.

i post this old commercial in honor of him and listening to it now makes me tear up, smile and laugh at the same time.
he always called me "pothole" because he said my voice/accent reminded him of this commercial.
i'm pretty sure i recorded myself acting this out for him once, or at least performed it in a skype char or something.
those posts are probably long gone by now but i'll always remember it.

RIP Terry78, you will be missed. have a beer with Vartha up there for me, will ya?

This hits really hard. I noticed that he hadn't been posting lately but I had no idea he was that sick. Terry's posts were always witty, hilarious, amusing, or genuinely helpful.
He was such a good dude and he was one of the Hypesters that I looked up to most ever since I first joined to keep up with his wit. I'll miss him, as I'm sure we all will. Rest in peace, Terry. You'll never be forgotten here.

@terry78 and i have been members here for about 17 years together. we've talked on the hype and off and he was such a good energy guy. always enjoyed our banter and i did shed some tears this morning while getting ready for work.

i post this old commercial in honor of him and listening to it now makes me tear up, smile and laugh at the same time.
he always called me "pothole" because he said my voice/accent reminded him of this commercial.
i'm pretty sure i recorded myself acting this out for him once, or at least performed it in a skype char or something.

RIP Terry78, you will be missed. have a beer with Vartha up there for me, will ya?

It had the same affect on me. I had no idea that's how you sounded. :funny:

I sometimes give voices to a few of yous on here, you were always a taller Reese Whiterspoon, but with a gaptooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"