In the Kitchen with DKDetective and InCali: All Things Food, Wine, and Spirits, Etc.

London Broil is on sale this week. I made some really good chicken/avocado tacos. I'd tell everybody that they were made with fresh made tortillas and salsa, with romaine lettuce and a cheese mix and washed down with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but then I'd have to kill you.

A French Laundry classic tonight:
PXL_20210912_034101620.jpg
Sea Bass, Sweet Parsnips, Arrowleaf Spinach, and Saffron-Vanilla Sauce. Paired with 2019 White Bordeaux.

The original for comparison:
Screenshot_20210912-000012.png

I believe the technical term is "****ing Nailed It!"
:jd:

Love Sea Bass. Looks great. On a more subdued note, I made a nice breakfast this morning; a shrimp, onion, and cheese omelette with hash browns and a mimosa. The dogs LOVE hash browns and eggs so we all enjoyed. I don't let them drink because they aren't 21.

Made shrimp ceviche. I'm going home tonight while the housekeeper comes tomorrow to clean my mom's house. My wife loves it so I thought I'd bring her a surprise. I'll make some homemade chips and slice up some avocado and cucumber (you can put the cucumber in the ceviche, but I like it as a garnish....or both).

I use
Shrimp (duh)
2 lemons
1 lime
Roma tomato(es) and spell better than Dan Quayle
Cilantro
Red onion
Jalapenos (minced.....and await my dear @MissMarvelous ' response on how to get the n' right; which I will promptly forget)
Salt-N-Pepa

A lot of recipes tell you to cook (over the stove) or in citrus before adding the ingredients. I will NEVER pre-cook the shrimp on the stove and tried doing it separately from the other ingredients. I think it's better to marinate everything together.

Last edited:
And watch that foreign language stuff before I have to report you lol

And watch that foreign language stuff before I have to report you lol
mariah-carey-i-cant-read-suddenly.gif

Hello! Quick question: do you guys reheat your leftovers?

It depends what it is. I'll sometimes reheat Quiche, but it's never as good. Stir fry? Yes. Pizza? For sure. Let me see......what don't I reheat?

Hmmmm......I think the answer to your question is yes.

Anything with with whipped eggy stuff (like my chiles rellenos casserole) is never quite the same.

I almost never reheat food, I just hate it... some things get funky, like tomato sauce: it gets bitter or acid.

One of my coworkers says (jokingly) that I'm weird.

I almost never reheat food, I just hate it... some things get funky, like tomato sauce: it gets bitter or acid.

One of my coworkers says (jokingly) that I'm weird.

Are you sure? :funny:

I've never noticed that about tomato sauce. I make a lasagna that's really good reheated. Maybe better than when it's fresh. I think marinara could actually be even better when reheated.

This may be slightly off topic, but it does involve some cooking.

My dogs are very picky. They have this idea that they want whatever I have. I give them tasty meals. I mix a little bit of wet food with kibbles, add cooked chopped up beef with ground turkey, and top it with fresh sliced melons (they love melon). Today, they walked up, sniffed it, and walked away. I made myself a burrito (no meat) and they were following me around like they were tethered to me. :huh:

Well, they don't eat ONLY meat. So, most probably what they were sniffing was just as delicious.

Zazu wants to have a piece of whatever I'm having! He doesn't care what it is, he just wants a piece or the whole thing.

Well, they don't eat ONLY meat. So, most probably what they were sniffing was just as delicious.

Zazu wants to have a piece of whatever I'm having! He doesn't care what it is, he just wants a piece or the whole thing.

I wonder why that is.......I can think of a couple of reasons.....oh....s/he's eating it. It must be good or......I want to be like my person. :D

I wanna see someone actually do Babish's idea of using a sweet roll instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"