Indiana Jones series being developed for Disney+

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Indiana Jones TV Series Eyed for Disney+ - Variety

Disney is actively looking to develop an Indiana Jones TV show for Disney+, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

The Mouse House and Lucasfilm have specifically been bringing up the possibility of a streaming show set in the world of the globe trotting archaeologist in general meetings with writers of late, sources say. They are still looking for a writer to take on the project, thus no plot details are available. Given that, it is unknown if a series would serve as a prequel to or spinoff of the film franchise, or if it would tie into the upcoming fifth Indiana Jones film, similar to how Disney has tied its Marvel shows on Disney+ into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The move to potentially develop an Indiana Jones show comes as Harrison Ford has stated he is done playing the character after the fifth film, which is due out in 2023. In addition, sources say Disney is currently exploring a number of options to keep the franchise going, which could mean a series, new films, other media, or a combination thereof.

Reps for Lucasfilm declined to comment.

This should really be an animated series.

No young Indy, no old Indy, no random spinoff, just Ford-in-his-prime era stories told in the only medium where it would be possible.
kinda like this fan made intro to a in his prime Indy?

kinda like this fan made intro to a in his prime Indy?

This, absolutely. Hand-drawn would be preferable, but I think we know that would probably never happen. But use it to emulate the film serials that inspired Lucas and Spielberg in the first place.

A live action Indiana Jones series (in his 20s) is gonna attract more people in the subscription service than a cartoon series.

That being said, I hope this series features a new treasure / location of the week per episode. Rather than 1 story stretched out for 6 to 9 episodes.

One would think they would want LESS Star Wars content moving forward. I suppose Indy doesn't move merch, so Iger's not interested.

I don’t buy that they’d come to a decision like this before Indy 5 hits.

Maybe for this specific project, but not potentially anything Indy-related.

I think an animated series would be the best course of action. That way they could fill in gaps between Last Crusade and Crystal Skull to show Indy in his prime during WWII.

They have learned nothing. Too much Star Wars dilutes it. Especially when the "too much" is inferior quality.

Star Wars is dead to me. Not because of the quality, but because there's too much of it. The magic is gone and I don't care about any future installments.

Indy, on the other hand, deserves way more respect than he's gotten. I have faith James Mangold is gonna make the character go out with a very emotional and exciting 5th film. I'm also still down for a Short Round mini series.

Last edited:
I think there is room for both but Disney thinks there is room only for Star Wars and Marvel. Athough even Marvel seems to be threatened by their move to Star Wars and more Star Wars.

Grogu is cute but he isn't going to carry an entire franchise. Let alone the entirety of Disney.

Well, that really sucks

I was looking forward to either a series centered on Short Round or an animated series similar to Clone Wars taking place during Indy’s prime

Any word on the video game? Hopefully that won’t get canned. Been wanting an Indy game for years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"