New Dark Horse Indiana Jones Series

PhotoJones

Avenger
Reaction score
From CBR:

In February 2008, Dark Horse Comics will publish the first of two Indiana Jones Omnibuses collecting Dark Horse's previous entries in the saga. Then April sees the release of volume one of Indiana Jones Adventures —a digest-sized graphic novel designed for the enjoyment of young readers as well as adults. The Indiana Jones Adventures volumes and the Omnibuses will continue on a quarterly basis—including Omnibuses for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and the original Marvel run of Indiana Jones comics. A comics adaptation of the film will be released simultaneously with the motion picture, followed immediately by an all-new Indiana Jones comics series.

The reprints and adaptations are all well and good...but the news of a new series is great news. Hopefully Dark Horse can take a page of Dynamite's book and turn this property into a comic book that's every bit as good (if not better) than The Lone Ranger.

I can just imagine Mike and Nick from Dark Horse and Dynamite respectively, in a back room fighting over these rights.

Inadiana Jones is a near limitless property for a comic book series. Props to Dark Horse for snagging it.

Inadiana Jones is a near limitless property for a comic book series. Props to Dark Horse for snagging it.

Probably has to do more with George Lucas and the fact that Dark Horse already handles his Star Wars comics.

Probably has to do more with George Lucas and the fact that Dark Horse already handles his Star Wars comics.

Perhaps. I don't read them, but DK seems to be doing a pretty fine job with the SW comics.

They are indeed. This week's Knights of the Old Republic issue was pretty good and Legacy's been kicking all kinds of ass. I'm really looking forward to what Dark Horse's pool of talent can do with Indiana Jones. :up:

Sounds good to me
Also if anyone would like to go further with details of these Star Wars comics, and were a good place to start with them would be it would be greatly appreciated :)

Legacy and Knights of the Old Republic both have trades of their first arcs out. I'd recommend those.

Knights of the Old Republic takes place a few years before the first video game and follows a Padawan named Zayne Carrick, who's prophesied to bring ruin to the Republic. Part of the fun of KotOR is speculating on which of the known video game characters he might wind up becoming.

Legacy takes place about a century after Return of the Jedi and follows Cade Skywalker, Luke's descendant. He's traumatized at an early age by the death of his father and the ungodly power his connection to the Force grants him, so he grows up hiding his Jedi heritage and becomes a bounty hunter. Luke's Force ghost visits him periodically to try and get him back on the right path, but he won't listen until a new batch of Sith lords appear, oust the ruling Emperor Roan Fel from power, and attempt to kill Cade. He finally picks up a lightsaber again and begins trying to find his way back to the path of a Jedi. The book basically chronicles that.

I haven't read Rebellion or Dark Times, both of which deal with the time period of the movies, mostly because I'm not really interested in reading comics about stuff around the movies' time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"