Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Squirrel

Le Rongeur
Reaction score
Yes, I know it's Fox news so that will turn a lot of you off, but it doesn't look like anyone else is covering this. And it's a very, disturbing case:

An Iranian pastor who has refused to renounce his Christian faith faces execution as early as Wednesday after his sentence was upheld by an Iranian court.

When asked to repent, Nadarkhani stated: "Repent means to return. What should I return to? To the blasphemy that I had before my faith in Christ?"

"To the religion of your ancestors, Islam," the judge replied, according to the American Center for Law & Justice.

"I cannot," Nadarkhani said.l

Nadarkhani is the latest Christian cleric to be imprisoned in Iran for his religious beliefs. According to Elam Ministries, a United Kingdom-based organization that serves Christian churches in Iran, there was a significant increase in the number of Christians arrested solely for practicing their faith between June 2010 and January 2011. A total of 202 arrests occurred during that six-month period, including 33 people who remained in prison as of January, Elam reported.

Source

Cant wait for this to be blamed on the "Americans" somehow.

I thought Islam was supposed to be all about love?

I thought Islam was supposed to be all about love?

It is about love just like Christianity or Judaism is about love. You always get radical idiots that want to ruin that.

I think I would just cave and say I believed whatever they wanted me to.

So much respect to this guy for sticking to his beliefs.

But I'm pretty sure God would forgive him if he recanted just to see his family again.

It is about love just like Christianity or Judaism is about love. You always get radical idiots that want to ruin that.

This guy that wants to execute the pastor isn't an Islamist extremist like Al-queda or the Taliban though. From what I've read of Muhammad, it's his belief that "infidels" are to be killed unless they turn to Islam.

If most Muslims don't believe in that, then like a lot of Christians and Catholics, they're not following their religion properly.

So Muslims in Iran are doing to Christians what Christians in America want to do to Muslims...

And while this story is sad, I guarantee that Fox News is only covering this to paint Muslims in a bad light.

So Muslims in Iran are doing to Christians what Christians in America want to do to Muslims...

And while this story is sad, I guarantee that Fox News is only covering this to paint Muslims in a bad light.

America's got its own problems with discrimination/suspicion of Muslims, and yes that's wrong. But we are far away from starting to execute people unless they recant their beliefs.

The Iranians treat their Sunni (Muslim) minority the same way. When a Shia cleric changes ideology and becomes Sunni, they are sometimes marked for death for badmouthing the Ayotollahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"