Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2: Scoop on possible plot line....

We don’t know if the ten rings will still be a part of the character, but our scooper does say he’ll “have a monster at his disposal by the name of Fin Fang Foom.” That might be a nice change of pace. Give Iron Man something to fight besides his mirror image in a bigger suit. Meanwhile Fin Fang Foom also plays a role in Iron Man comic lore. In the comics, he’s an extraterrestrial dragon.

If -- I say IF -- this is true, then I'm in Heaven!!

God that sounds horrible... they might as well call this film IM and the mini Avengers... please tell me this report is trash... here I told myself I wasn't going to panic in that I thought they'd keep the crossovers to cameos at minimum... if we start getting tag teams I will lose all faith. Don't mess up a good thing Marvel.

We were rumored to get more cameos in IM than we got, so maybe they will realize that overloading the movie with cameos and giving Thor a prominant role is not a good idea.

Fury sending him after the Mandarin would be fair game, though. The other ideas, not so much.

Not a fan of this one. Leave the teaming up for the Avengers film, please. I'd love to see cameos, cameos of all sorts and sizes in various parts of the movie... I have no problem establishing that Iron Man is in a universe which has other super powered people in it. No problem at all. But if you have an Iron Man movie with elements that are only related to Iron Man in a cursory fashion... well... that's kinda weak to me.

If that's true, it would appear Marvel isn't confident in their ability to sell The Avengers or Thor on their own merits. I'd much prefer to see the Iron Man characters fleshed out instead. This rumored plot sounds a bit too crowded, and the movie would likely suffer for it.

what i posted......

ok sourpuss.dont get snipy.first.stark ind goes red from tony saying...no more arms..then dive into booze.bad guys pops up....tony falls apart and cant be a good hero anymore due to bozzing.he loses a battle.fury is brought in somehow.rhodes goes to help him by being war machine...he gets messed up.either helping tony in a battle or doing battle alone.tony finds movtation in tokens ass kicking.stops drinking and pops off said villian...now i dont believe the madrian will have a full role in this.....cause then like most marvel movies,they will kill him to piss all of u off.maybe a shadowy figure barking orders to ultran or some killable villian...by the time this movies comes out....this is whats going to happen.quote me.i might be wrong on the minor things.but it will flow like that.its not what anyone likes but hey....its hollywood......they dont work for u.i say give the role of "make im2" to you guys....with actual talkng out ideas and money involved....it would be a good movie.

hummmm he shoots....he scores....with ur gf.

Well it seems, like Downey said, he is already getting ready for the sequel:

0508robertdowneyjrnpg02ns8.jpg

By doing this... you are only diminishing the value of Avengers... the whole lure of doing a cross over movie... is too see heroes in their own little worlds and stories finally coming together after quite some time for an event... doing team ups here and there and extended scenes will only diminish the value Avengers would have had... they obviously have no confidence in Thor... damn shame really... that they are going to use Iron Man 2 to cross promote... this is treading WB territory... no joke.

As Thor will debue like a few months after Iron Man 2, it's actually quite a clever business plan. Thor gets piggybacked by Iron Man.

I think it goes a step up from Fury's appearance to show that there is now a real shared universe.

Iron Man faces odds so desperate from Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom that Shield calls in another superhero to save Tony from dieing.

Sounds epic to me.

I don't mind Fury having a larger role. I'm not really that crazy about the Mandarin having a giant monster at his disposal. But if it happens, then I would rather see Ultimo than Fin Fang Foom.

And if they want another hero working with Tony, then it should only be Rhodey. Thor having a cameo is fine, but shouldn't have a large role. Giving people like the Black Widow and Hawkeye cameos/supporting role would be overkill, IMO.

Chief among those is Thor, who may show up in more than just a cameo, possibly helping Iron Man. Thor has his own movie coming out the same summer Iron Man 2 hits, so that makes a certain kind of sense.

Actually, if Thor's got his own movie coming out that very same summer then it's much less likely that he'll have any role in IM2. Why have him take up screen time in the IM sequel when he's going to have 2 whole hours to himself later? I'm guessing if he appears in it, it'll be a cameo at most.

My question is when the heck are they getting War Machine in this? Avengers? Why would you need a tag team with another hero when you got Rhodes sitting on the bench? I mean I can get the SHIELD agents like Black Widow and Hawkeye possibly contributing (I think those two should be put in a spinoff film first though)... I'd just prefer Nick Fury being the main "outside" guy if anything... maybe Thor appearing after the credits.

Ironman, War Machine, Mandarin.

That's all I need in a sequel. No matter how cool all these marvel movies link together to lead into an Avengers movie, I hate how these solo pictures are being used as catalysts to do that. Doing a standalone and providing subtle hints in the movie is good enough... just give us a tease and nothing more.

they ned to start casting Thor if they are serious.

As for Hawkeye and Black Widow cameos they should be in a after credit scene

I do get characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow in that their early issues had them involved with Stark's company and such... the movie could explain how those two were recruited by the SHIELD after being exposed orignally as villains. They wouldn't have more than a cameo or just supporting scenes with Nick Fury (but its a waste unless they intend to use those characters in more featured roles in the future which is probably too far down the line anyway). But Thor should definitely be post credit.

I agree with JokerLedger, Iron Man, War Machine and Mandarin should be the only ones in the sequel. If they add Fin Fang Foom, I wouldn't have a problem with it, just don't give him purple shorts and he better not talk.

Hawkeye and Black Widow should be only cameos, only shown on the Hellicarrier when Fury is enlisting Tony to go after Mandarin.

Thor should be post credits.

If they add Fin Fang Foom, I wouldn't have a problem with it, just don't give him purple shorts and he better not talk.

Yeah, hate the stupid purple shorts! I read somewhere that they only put those on him because comic censors at the time couldn't cope with the idea of a "naked" dragon!:huh:

I haven't seen the animated movie but I don't think Foom talked in it, I think they just made him a regular monster.

Fin Fang Foom put you in his pants!

My god!! You guys get a scent of a possible rumor of a rumor of what someone else said, to a friend while drunk, and you're ready to shoot things down. -sigh-

Hawkeye and Black Widow.
iconheadbangix8.gif

Ironman, War Machine, Mandarin.

That's all I need in a sequel. No matter how cool all these marvel movies link together to lead into an Avengers movie, I hate how these solo pictures are being used as catalysts to do that. Doing a standalone and providing subtle hints in the movie is good enough... just give us a tease and nothing more.

Absolutely.

They just do something riiiiiiiiight at the end to warrant Thor's end-of-movie-15second-appearance attention, and movie done.

I wouldn't put too much faith in this report. I remember after Spider-Man came out we were supposed to get Man-Wolf as the main villain in the sequel as well as Vulture and Black Cat.

If that's true, it would appear Marvel isn't confident in their ability to sell The Avengers or Thor on their own merits.

Or maybe they just like doing cool things to please the hardcore fans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"