Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2: Scoop on possible plot line....

I agree with JokerLedger, Iron Man, War Machine and Mandarin should be the only ones in the sequel. If they add Fin Fang Foom, I wouldn't have a problem with it, just don't give him purple shorts and he better not talk.

Hawkeye and Black Widow should be only cameos, only shown on the Hellicarrier when Fury is enlisting Tony to go after Mandarin.

Thor should be post credits.

Maybe it wont even be Thor, per se.... Maybe Don Blake instead? I mean, Stark DOES have a heart condition, no?

Oh my God, I was just kidding when I stated I wanted to see Fin Fang Foom in a sequel in another thread devoted to Villain suggestions.

Maybe it wont even be Thor, per se.... Maybe Don Blake instead? I mean, Stark DOES have a heart condition, no?

Blake wasn't even in the first script... and Blake in IM would serve no point whatsoever unless you are just tributing the fans (they'd have to show Thor in person for audiences to make that connection). If Thor is in it... its either a cameo showing why he came to Earth (which makes no sense in that you can easily explain that in his own movie and you don't need IM to do that)... or more likely... they are using IM2 to springboard Thor because they don't want it to flop outright... sort of like WB's previous line of thinking with Justice League (at least their former plan). I hope Marvel wises up. Its still too early. Having Thor in any way shape or form in an IM sequel in more than a cameo role will be a disaster.

I definitely want to see Fin Fang Foom. Jon Favreau is writing a mini-series right now for Iron Man where the main villain is Fin Fang Foom. So why not?

However, I think the reasonable expectation for the sequel is the DEMON IN A BOTTLE STORY. Where will that fit in?

I definitely want to see Fin Fang Foom. Jon Favreau is writing a mini-series right now for Iron Man where the main villain is Fin Fang Foom. So why not?

He is? Cool! Do you have a link with more info?

However, I think the reasonable expectation for the sequel is the DEMON IN A BOTTLE STORY. Where will that fit in?

I saw a quote from the filmmakers somewhere that Demon in a Bottle is the one they most want to do. I'll see if I can find it...

Oops, nevermind, found it myself:

"I'm writing a comic book now with Adi Granov where Fin Fang Foom is the bad guy. That's what I want to see, but I don't know if I want that in the movie right now. Eventually I'd love to get to the point where the movie could accept that and you could develop a reality where that could work."

Sounds like Favreau understands the difficulties, but still would like to try it. I hope he does. Anyway, he's done a great job so far.

My hope is they stay close to Iron Man's universe, introducing characters like Bethany Cabe. Iron Man's universe is deverse and strong enough to support several sequals.
They can explore other business rivals like Roxxon and Justin Hammer, villains like Spymaster, Ghost and Whitney Frost aka Madam Masque.
And of course, give me War Machine, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man and MANDARIN!!!
I have no problem with introducing other hero's but not to the point of taking away from Iron Man story arcs.

Iron Man, War Machine, Mandarin, Fing Fang Foom, Nick Fury & S.H.I.E.L.D.. That's really all we need for the sequel. Maybe even Black Widow, as a cameo, but call her by her real name.

Iron Man, War Machine, Mandarin, Fing Fang Foom, Nick Fury & S.H.I.E.L.D.. That's really all we need for the sequel. Maybe even Black Widow, as a cameo, but call her by her real name.
You took the words right out of my mouth, except for the fact that they should hint other hero's in The Avengers on the new's and Tony would talk to Fury about the hero's he saw and one's that he woud like to join The Avengers.:stark

Well obviously if Iron Man is going to exist in the same universe as Thor, et all you can't continue to be close-minded about the Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom.

It's true that something like Fin Fang Foom would be too much for the first movie. But you can't keep denying these characters and their history if Iron Man is going to exist with the likes of THOR, THE GOD OF THUNDER.

Well obviously if Iron Man is going to exist in the same universe as Thor, et all you can't continue to be close-minded about the Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom.

It's true that something like Fin Fang Foom would be too much for the first movie. But you can't keep denying these characters and their history if Iron Man is going to exist with the likes of THOR, THE GOD OF THUNDER.

Exactly. Thank you.

Some people just can't get that the Iron Man and Thor universe is one and the same.
Funny and most of these 'questioners' were probably rejoicing not a week ago when this news came out. Now it's unbelievable. God I'm starting to hate that (and 'realism') term.

SO how are dragons so appealing anyhow? Have we not got enough dragons in Hollywood? Why don't we just focus on Mandarin being the main badass with henchmen and superior technology at his disposal? It would just go to show how Mandarin is that much a threat all by himself. Being that not only would we be getting him... but apparently we are getting Thor, Hawkeye, Widow... Nick Fury... when is it going to stop? And where is the screen time going to go? You guys can't have it both ways... with all these characters you are cutting War Machine... Potts... and Stark. Even if those guys I mentioned are cameos... Nick Fury is already going to be a supporting player... we can't afford much more than that. Frankly I don't care if we get Foom... but the idea of stacking IM with a bunch of heroes just to show that they are in the same universe is extra baggage we don't need... that story can be told at another time. Like someone said earlier all we need is Fury, Mandarin, and WM. If they use Foom for that last major battle that's fine. But anything beyond that and we'll have another overcrowded mess on our hands only it will come across as more cheezy than good.

1) why didn't anyone tell me to stay after the end credits to see Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury??!

2) the name Fin Fang Foom sounds so lame. i hope in the movie they just call him by Foom or something.

3) i've heard that Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr have been already collaborating about what to do for Iron Man 2. also, Downey recently said we can expect the beginning sequence of Iron Man 2 to be an incredible fight scene that's gonna blow our minds.

4) we don't necessarily need Thor in the movie, since we already have Iron Man and War Machine teaming up together to fight Foom and Mandarin. but i understand that Marvel Studios would love to build even more hype by giving Thor a cameo in IM2 leading up to Thor's movie release later that summer. i would actually enjoy seeing a cameo.
plus, i think it might be able to work, because since Foom is some alien mythical dragon type creature, perhaps it would take someone like Thor to enter the universe and destroy him or bring him into Thor's homeworld or something. and maybe it can continue into the storyline for Thor's movie.
but whatever the case, it should most likely be a a small cameo.
i think the main plot should revolve around either Tony Stark or Rhodey being in trouble by the hands of the Mandarin. and one of them has to save the other.

1) why didn't anyone tell me to stay after the end credits to see Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury??!

2) the name Fin Fang Foom sounds so lame. i hope in the movie they just call him by Foom or something.

3) i've heard that Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr have been already collaborating about what to do for Iron Man 2. also, Downey recently said we can expect the beginning sequence of Iron Man 2 to be an incredible fight scene that's gonna blow our minds.

4) we don't necessarily need Thor in the movie, since we already have Iron Man and War Machine teaming up together to fight Foom and Mandarin. but i understand that Marvel Studios would love to build even more hype by giving Thor a cameo in IM2 leading up to Thor's movie release later that summer. i would actually enjoy seeing a cameo.
plus, i think it might be able to work, because since Foom is some alien mythical dragon type creature, perhaps it would take someone like Thor to enter the universe and destroy him or bring him into Thor's homeworld or something. and maybe it can continue into the storyline for Thor's movie.
but whatever the case, it should most likely be a a small cameo.
i think the main plot should revolve around either Tony Stark or Rhodey being in trouble by the hands of the Mandarin. and one of them has to save the other.

Yes, I agree that the only superheroes that will help Iron Man will be Nick Fury and War Machine. Thor, the Hulk, Hawkeye, and Black Widow I'm sure are just going to be cameos like Nick Fury in the first Iron Man. Also, when did Robert Downey Jr say that the beginning of Iron Man 2 will be an incredible fight scene.

guys, i was just reading up on Thor's biography on wikipedia. and you're right, there definitely should be a cameo of Donald Blake(Thor's alter ego) in Iron Man 2 as some disabled medical student or doctor. then, when the Thor movie comes out later that summer, they can do an origin movie using that same Donald Blake actor. that would be really cool.
plus, it could set things up even more for an Avengers movie, because i was reading wikipedia and it said this: Loki uses the Hulk as a lure to draw Thor out; while this proved successful, it resulted in the formation of the superhero team the Avengers, of which Thor is a founding and longstanding member.
therefore, the Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor movies all should serve as foreshadowing for an Avengers movie!

Also, when did Robert Downey Jr say that the beginning of Iron Man 2 will be an incredible fight scene.
i heard it on the radio last week. and that got my juices pumping with excitement.

Hawkeye and Black Widow.
iconheadbangix8.gif

Hey I'm all for this idea, but I don't want Thor to play to big of a part. Just have hi be after the credits some how. I don't want a heroe from another series to team up with Iron Man here, thats what Avengers is for.

Edit;

I'm glad Mandarin is a villain for he 2 movie. Of course we need WarMachine. Awesome wicked battle scene at that start? That would be the way to do things there.

guys, i was just reading up on Thor's biography on wikipedia. and you're right, there definitely should be a cameo of Donald Blake(Thor's alter ego) in Iron Man 2 as some disabled medical student or doctor. then, when the Thor movie comes out later that summer, they can do an origin movie using that same Donald Blake actor. that would be really cool.
plus, it could set things up even more for an Avengers movie, because i was reading wikipedia and it said this: Loki uses the Hulk as a lure to draw Thor out; while this proved successful, it resulted in the formation of the superhero team the Avengers, of which Thor is a founding and longstanding member.
therefore, the Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor movies all should serve as foreshadowing for an Avengers movie!

i heard it on the radio last week. and that got my juices pumping with excitement.

Exactly. How someone equates an after credits appearance by Don Blake in IM2 with a "disaster" is beyond ME.

I think Fing Fang Foom could work really well in the film, especially if he is serving, or under the command of, the Mandarin. The fight scenes between Iron Man and Fing Fang Foom would have amazing visuals.

I think Fing Fang Foom could work really well in the film, especially if he is serving, or under the command of, the Mandarin. The fight scenes between Iron Man and Fing Fang Foom would have amazing visuals.

Didn't you say that Jon Favreau was developing the Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom for the sequel? Well, what Cinema Blend reported on the plot and villains sounds true and legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"