Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Teaser at Comic Con 09?

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
A friend and I were talking about Iron Man (the first one) and how they gave a trailer at Comic Con 08 (or 07?) and well, I was wondering if a teaser has been mentioned to be shown for this year or not, any insight into this would be helpful, thanks!

Well, I don't think it's been mentioned, but let's hope it happens.

Thanks! I see Iron Man 2 following the same path as the first one, started shooting the same month, being released the same week as last year so yeah, let's hope!

I kind of doubt it. We've actually started filming about a month later than the 1st film did(that one started in March, this one in April) and even though that shouldn't be anything to worry about as far as the final product not being rushed, that would make getting a SDCC'07 type showing less likely. Plus the first film needed that to generate buzz, where as this doesn't.

On Jon's twitter page on April 14th he wrote: Just got out of a pre-call marketing meeting discussing Comicon. On set getting ready to shoot as Happy. So it is possible that we will see a little something from the film. And we have already seen a full trailer for the Transformers sequel on TV, so I doubt that.

I think Marvel will do something for Comic-con, in an interview with Robert Downey, Jr he was asked whether or not they were thinking about this years comic-con and he replied "Godd..n right I am", and would they have something special for the convention, "yes, what do you think".
Now whether that means a teaser trailer or just a scene, that is not clear, but I wouldn't look for anything until then.
source: http://www.collider.com/entertainment/interviews/article.asp/aid/11629/tcid/1 .

It must have been that stressful for Jon Favreau and the rest of the crews. It should have been Thor or Captain America filming next on line, but Marvel forces Jon on the next schedule because the other franchises are not ready.

I'm hoping since i'll be there :)

I think there will be.

And I can't wait to watch the bootleg.

Why the hell can't they release this stuff online officially?

If RDJ, Faverue, etc, are there, then, IMO, it's obvious we are getting a teaser. I wonder how long it would be?

Man i would love to see a trailer With Transformers but that can not be possible. But still, a man can dream can't he?.

I cannot wait for Comic Con when we get to see some footage.

I am definitly going to be first in line for that.

If not in front of Transformers maybe District 9?

I dont think that we are going to get a trailer this soon.

I mean when The Dark Knight came out with there first trailer they were still filming and all we heard was dialog from the movie.

District 9 comes out August 14th.

And, look at what happened to TDK and it's teaser. :woot:

District 9 comes out August 14th.

And, look at what happened to TDK and it's teaser. :woot:

Yes TDK did well, but I dont think it's Favreau style to do a trailer like that.

Let's hope it's not. Favreau has his own style, one which made Iron Man work out amazingly well. I just hope they don't just show Stark and the suit, matter of fact, less Stark more War Machine, Black Widow, Fury, Potts, Hogan and, Coulson. I know I don't see why Hogan and Coulson are needed but come on, they're the minor roles that are just perfect for the movies. Hell just show me BW, Fury and, WM and I'll be fine.

I just hope we see some footage and I'll be happy.

I think Iron Man 2 footage and the SDCC 09 go hand in hand.

i think they will show some footage. but now they will nto let people film it .
in 2007 it was all about the hype and buzz and promotion. the positive word got out and it was all promotion.
now they have fans and they can control what is realesed.

Jon did say in that USA Today piece that he kinda misses being the dark horse that the 1st film was. I can totally understand that feeling. Pros and Cons is all I can say.

Jon did say in that USA Today piece that he kinda misses being the dark horse that the 1st film was. I can totally understand that feeling. Pros and Cons is all I can say.

Plus, this is Jon's first sequal he has ever directed and he has to be feeling the pressure to deliver a movie as good or better than the first film, there are alot of people, not just comic fans watching and waiting to see how this film looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"