The Comics Iron Man #9 (spoilers)

Ironman24

Golden Avenger
Reaction score
Just read Iron Man #9 and I thought it was entertaining, the art work was better in this issue than from last. I personally loved the action in this one, though I'm still not completely sure who is pushing Starks button, but there may be a hint of who's behind it when we see that that women in the library and she has a asian looking medalion, hmmm.
What did all of you think of the issue?

i thought it was pretty good.
the ending was abit of a shock though.
arts been good too

I have been impressed with the story so far, the art has gotten better, I love seeing Nick Fury and Tony interact, they have a great relationship, I to was a bit shocked by in the end, I'm looking forward to issue 10.

This arc is kicking ass.It has a real international/cinematic/grand scale feel to it.

Seriously I am so glad I jumped on, I am loving it. And the cover to #10 looks :eek:

The only thing I don't get is Fury's appearance...isn't he hiding or w/e??

Stop teasing me! can someone please help me what happened in ish 9 I haven't made it to my comic book store in a couple of weeks

The IronMan said:
Stop teasing me! can someone please help me what happened in ish 9 I haven't made it to my comic book store in a couple of weeks

The issue starts with Tony Stark in his armory questioning how his armor could have been used in the killing of Ara Tanzerian at the end of last issue. Tony knows that it appears that he would have good reason for killing Tanzerian and Dennis Kellard. Tony then thinks about Dr. Ho Yinsen who saved his life in Afghanistan 15 years ago. That Dr. Yinsen died giving Tony time to escape.

The issue then cuts to Langley, Virginia where Nick Fury is meeting with Secretary Kooning and the rest of the defense council. Nick Fury tells them that Tony Stark has gone rogue. That they have video of Iron Man killing Tanzerian’s guards and that the forensic evidence from Dennis Kellard’s death shows that Stark technology was used to destroy the airplane Kellard was in. Nick informs the council that Kellard and Tanzerian were two of the men responsible for the death of Dr. Ho Tinsen. That two of the other men responsible for his death are still at large. They are Zakim Karzai and Aftaab Lemar. The last remaining person for Dr. Ho Yinsen’s death is Kareem Mahwash Najeeb who is the keynote speaker in the upcoming Peace summit sponsored by Stark Industries.

Fury continues by saying that he knows it is Tony and not someone else in the armor because the Extremis virus has allowed Tony to jack into the armor. Now, nobody else on the planet can wear the armor other than Tony. Fury also presents evidence that the Extremis virus has been shown in lab animals to create paranoia, increased hostility and social isolation. Fury states that Tony has exhibited all of these behavioral changes. Secretary Kooning is horrified that a genius like Stark with armor capable of destroying several battalions may now be a bad guy. Secretary Kooning states that the upcoming Peace summit will have to be cancelled.

Stark then appears on the large video screen and addresses everyone at the meeting. He says that he has been listening to Nick Fury this entire time and that all the evidence is compelling and indisputable, except that he is innocent. Stark says that the Peace summit must be held since it is too important. However, since it is only one week away, Stark doesn’t have enough time to clear his name before the summit. Fury asks Tony what he suggests doing.

Then it shifts to Tony Stark being led into Fort Leavenworth Penitentiary. Nick Fury visits Tony in his cell. Tony mentions that the S-block of Fort Leavenworth is the last purely analog cell block in the federal system. That Extremis would allow him to access and interface with any digital security system now used in all of the other prisons. This is the only way to guarantee that Tony cannot break out and escape. Nick tells Tony that his armor is under heavy guard at an undisclosed location. We then see guards outside Fort Knox where the armor is being stored. Tony then warns Nick that if anyone tries to wear the armor that they will die. Tony tells Nick that he is innocent. Nick says that he hopes so. Nick then leaves.

We then see a library in London where the hooded hitman is at a computer. The hooded man marks Zakim Karzai and Aftaab Lemar as ready to be executed. We see an Asian medallion next to the hooded hitman’s computer. We cut back to Fort Knox, where Iron Man’s armor suddenly springs to life and assembles itself. The Iron Man armor then smashes its way out of Fort Knox.

Enter southern Iraq. We see over forty T-72’s, mobile anti-aircraft batteries, artillery ground units and Sikorskies in the air. This is Lemar and Karzai’s personal army and air force. Suddenly, Iron Man’s armor comes streaking in at Mach 8.7. Iron Man’s armor engages the small military and there is on massive brawl. Iron Man destroys everything. Helicopters, tanks and soldiers.

Lemar and Karzai are trying to make an escape in their personal helicopter. Iron Man’s armor smashes through the helicopter and grabs Lemar in one hand and Karzai in the other hand. Iron Man heads straight almost to the edge of the atmosphere. Both Lemar and Karzai start to choke due to the high altitude. Iron Man’s armor then stops and hovers and then lets go of both Lemar and Karzai. They plummet to their deaths.

Iron Man then takes off his helmet and inside it is Tony Stark, meaning that he was inside the armor the entire time. Stark then says, “My God…What have I done?”

We then see Nick Fury being informed that the Iron Man armor punches a whole in the wall to Stark’s prison cell and freed him. Nick Fury then contacts the Sentry and tells him that Iron Man is now a priority 5 fugitive and the Sentry is to engage in a search and neutralize mission. We get a decent shot of the Sentry in the final panel.

End of issue.

In my opinion, the Knaufs are writing a great Iron Man arc. I'm hoping issue #10 is just as good as it's cover. And after that, the book continues to escalate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"