Iron Man World Iron Man - 90 Animated Series

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
I dont know how many threads dealing with this, but ill throw down a new one.

Since the release and big hit of Iron Man the movie, has there been any talk about the series being released on DVD? We finally found a breakthrough with X-Men: TAS, and when Fantastic Four came out we got those.

I liked the show, i tend to re-watch it when its on Toon Disney or whatever channel is playing it, it stuck to some of the comic stories pretty well for being a cartoon limited by restrictions in the 90's.

Plus, that mullet...

Reruns are on Disney XD now.

I mean the animation looks seriously dated these days, but the second season was some pretty good stuff. I mean it even feels like the movie lifted some dialogue directly out of the series.

I agree, the second season was easily the best of the two, season was just horrible, no other way to put it, but season two made up for that, as for a DVD set, there are bootleg versions, but Marvel has been very quite about releasing the series on DVD.

I dont think the dialogue really sounds like the movie stuff, the first season was rough, but that second season was great.

Just sucks, that besides X-Men/Spidey, every other 90's cartoon only got a max of two seasons.

Well there was one line about Tony Stark using live bait when speaking to Homer which was exactly like Tony in the movie telling Jarvis, "Sometimes you have to run before you can walk."

I found the complete series brand new in a cool collected box for $8 in my local supermarket (I love in Europe) someone got the rights here in my country and chucked them out for cheap! In cool shrinkwrapped boxes!

I'm willing to bet Disney will do with this series what they did with X-Men TAS. I'm certain we'll get DVDs by the time Iron Man 2 is out.

Took them long enough , Well at least their finally releasing this on dvd at last . Now all that's left is the 90's Spider-Man to be released .

Took them long enough , Well at least their finally releasing this on dvd at last . Now all that's left is the 90's Spider-Man to be released .

Dont forget Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends! I loved that show. :up:

I am VERY glad we are getting a official release. Hopefully Hulk and Spidey follows.

my copy is on preorder
it came yesterday, the dy BEORE IRON MAN 2 came out in the USA
but when i tried to check the menu i was [mickey] mousetrapped into watching the ads and i had to fast forward through them

Last edited:
Like others have said already the 1st season was really bad but not as bad as Fantastic Four's 1st season and the exclusion of Stan Lee's intros was a good thing.

I love Stan Lee but not when he introduces every episode, since he can't say anthing bad about Marvel's animation and TV efforts all he can do is ham it up.

I got the dvd yesterday. Man I enjoyed the second season of the series, I would've love it even more if their were special features included in the dvd set like they did with Transformers series and heck maybe even a free movie ticket to see Iron Man 2 in theaters just like in the Toy Story dvd/blu-Ray set .

It would have been impossible to have a movie ticket for IM2 with the DVD. Disney owns the series, Paramount doesn't.

So there's nothing in the special features explaining the massive tonal shift from season 1 to season 2? Drat, what a missed oppurtunity.

picked this up along with Armored Adventures Season 1. Can't wait to run through these bad boys

I got the dvd yesterday. Man I enjoyed the second season of the series, I would've love it even more if their were special features included in the dvd set like they did with Transformers series and heck maybe even a free movie ticket to see Iron Man 2 in theaters just like in the Toy Story dvd/blu-Ray set .

It would have been impossible to have a movie ticket for IM2 with the DVD. Disney owns the series, Paramount doesn't.

You can get a free movie ticket by buying the AC/DC soundtrack at Target.

So there's nothing in the special features explaining the massive tonal shift from season 1 to season 2? Drat, what a missed oppurtunity.

That's Disney's middle name when it comes to doing animated series DVDs.

When I see the scenes with The Mandarin and Modok together, I'm reminded of Shredder and Krang in TMNT, for some reason:yay:.

So, I recently borrowed the DVD from a friend and...still don't care for this series.

I don't care for the first season much, but the second one is alot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"