The Comics Iron Man vs. Dr. Doom

Iron Man. Simply by virtue of being the hero.

Mind you Doom's going to make him pay cash for it.

In the old Iron Manual when Tony rated other guys in armor he said something to the effect that "If Doom put his mind to it he could come up with an armor that would rip mine apart."

images

It's a draw.. Mags would come through and destroy them both!! but seriously Iron-man would cheat and call in some of his buddies..

Firehawk said:
It's a draw.. Mags would come through and destroy them both!! but seriously Iron-man would cheat and call in some of his buddies..

Mags, you mean Magneto?? No way does he beat Iron Man, infact in an Avengers West Coast issue, Iron Man and Magneto did fight, Iron Man reversed the polarity of his armor and beat the crap outta Magneto.

now that I think about it a fight between Iron Man and Wolverine would also be a onesided beating, if Iron Man made himself into a magnet.

Iron Man vs Dr. Doom, I would now say Iron Man because he constantly keeps upgrading his armor and now has the extremes virus injected inhimself which could control and shut down the Doom armor.

IronMan_2005 said:
Mags, you mean Magneto?? No way does he beat Iron Man, infact in an Avengers West Coast issue, Iron Man and Magneto did fight, Iron Man reversed the polarity of his armor and beat the crap outta Magneto.

now that I think about it a fight between Iron Man and Wolverine would also be a onesided beating, if Iron Man made himself into a magnet.

Iron Man vs Dr. Doom, I would now say Iron Man because he constantly keeps upgrading his armor and now has the extremes virus injected inhimself which could control and shut down the Doom armor.

I remember that, I thought it was so funny to see Iron Man basically turned the tables on Magneto, it was a fun issue.
Iron Man vs Wolverine, that would be entertaining, though, all Tony has to do is tap into a Defense Satellite and blow Wolverine up from orbit.

Dr. Doom, because hes ****ing Dr. Doom. He beat the Beyonder for god's sake. Iron man really has no chance if its written well.

They went at it in Iron Man 150 if I remember correctly. It was great!

Wow, that poll is lopsided, but doesnt surprise me.

Probably because their just going armor vs. armor. Clearly IM's armor is vastly superior to DD's. The thing is that DD usually doesn't even use his armor for attack unless he has to. He's more of a schemer.

kedrell said:
Probably because their just going armor vs. armor. Clearly IM's armor is vastly superior to DD's. The thing is that DD usually doesn't even use his armor for attack unless he has to. He's more of a schemer.

Agreed, he usually sends minions to do his dirty work or a Doombot. A staight up fight Iron Man should win because Stark is always upgrading his Armor, Doom doesn't, his armor I believe stay's pretty much the same.

Doom's armor isn't really all THAT inferior to Iron Man's armor. But Doom would probably win in an all for nothing fight since he can also utilize magic as well. (Considered to be the next in line for mantle of Sorcerer Supreme after Strange himself.) And magic, unfortunately, is an area Tony struggles quite a bit on.

Ironman24 said:
Agreed, he usually sends minions to do his dirty work or a Doombot. A staight up fight Iron Man should win because Stark is always upgrading his Armor, Doom doesn't, his armor I believe stay's pretty much the same.

Actually Doom upgrades his armor as much, if not more, than Stark does. He just doesn't change it's exterior appearance.

Why? Because Doom likes it as it is. And if some so-called hero is foolhardy enough to believe that Doom doesn't then the fool deserves to have his head handed to him.

Duncan MacLeod said:
Actually Doom upgrades his armor as much, if not more, than Stark does. He just doesn't change it's exterior appearance.

Why? Because Doom likes it as it is. And if some so-called hero is foolhardy enough to believe that Doom doesn't then the fool deserves to have his head handed to him.

My mistake, thanks for the correction, I'm not much of a follower of Doom.

I'm rather disgusted by how much I see people underestimating Doom these days.

Doom. Smarter with about equal available resources, and magic plus much more ruthless, especially if he planned it ...anybody read the book of Doom the life model decoys that Sheild uses are based of of tech originated by Doom...

T'Jai said:
Doom. Smarter with about equal available resources, and magic plus much more ruthless, especially if he planned it ...anybody read the book of Doom the life model decoys that Sheild uses are based of of tech originated by Doom...

Actually, Stark built the LMD's.

maybe stark and doom had simular robotics projects at the same time but vicious vic kept HIS under wraps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"