The Comics Iron Man vs. Dr. Doom

Unless it was a hero vs. villain story, 9/10 Dr. Doom takes it. Dr. Doom has always been written as superior to every superhero that isn't named Reed Richards or Dr. Strange. Dr. Doom is just more cunning than Iron Man and ultimately, Dr. Doom takes it.

Xothermic said:
Unless it was a hero vs. villain story, 9/10 Dr. Doom takes it. Dr. Doom has always been written as superior to every superhero that isn't named Reed Richards or Dr. Strange. Dr. Doom is just more cunning than Iron Man and ultimately, Dr. Doom takes it.
He could take reed one on one and is just not on strange's radar but i'm sure his combo of abilities makes that contest uncertain as well...

T'Jai said:
He could take reed one on one and is just not on strange's radar but i'm sure his combo of abilities makes that contest uncertain as well...

Actually, compared to Strange, Doom is lacking severely. His magic/tech combo is awesome and all, but neither one is really outside of Strange's ability to handle. Strange has definitely faced far more powerful villans with far more varying abilities and won out.

Mistress Gluon said:
Own it. Look up several old comics mainly concerning SHIELD.
then consider it a retconn ;) thereby trumphing your involvement of the oldies :p
Mistress Gluon said:
Actually, compared to Strange, Doom is lacking severely. His magic/tech combo is awesome and all, but neither one is really outside of Strange's ability to handle. Strange has definitely faced far more powerful villans with far more varying abilities and won out.
Doom has concured the world at least twice and has acertained the powers of more than a few cosmic beings, and I'll thank you not to ever use the terms "Lacking severly" when speaking of DOOM!!! :p

T'Jai said:
then consider it a retconn ;) thereby trumphing your involvement of the oldies :p
Doom has concured the world at least twice and has acertained the powers of more than a few cosmic beings, and I'll thank you not to ever use the terms "Lacking severly" when speaking of DOOM!!! :p

Ascertained, only to have them taken back by said cosmic beings. Strange's own power rivals cosmic beings.

Hence, Doom is lacking severely. :)

During Unthinkable, Doom cast an anti-tech spell over Latveria. All of Reeds gizmos went kablooie! Don't know why he couldn't do a similar thing in a smaller area. Then it would be Victor vs. Stark hand to hand. In that matchup, I'd go with Vic.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Stark got Steve Rogers training. But there's almost no chance since Doom would crush him since he spent WAY more time in hand to hand training.

Mistress Gluon said:
Ascertained, only to have them taken back by said cosmic beings. Strange's own power rivals cosmic beings.

Hence, Doom is lacking severely. :)
Ahem! no cosmic being has ever "taken back" there powers Doom found that the specific set of abilities was not optimal for his aim ...and released them :D

and of course doom would Own stark no tech hand to hand He is Doom!

T'Jai said:
Ahem! no cosmic being has ever "taken back" there powers Doom found that the specific set of abilities was not optimal for his aim ...and released them :D

and of course doom would Own stark no tech hand to hand He is Doom!

The Beyonder stole em back. And Doom lost his powers back to the Surfer under his own arrogance. And he failed to steal Hyperstorm's powers.

Mistress Gluon said:
The Beyonder stole em back. And Doom lost his powers back to the Surfer under his own arrogance. And he failed to steal Hyperstorm's powers.

BAH!!! Doom found the beyonders powers... unweildy why else do you think Doom allowed the heros to be revived long enough to "distract" Doom!

Misinformation is not arrogance it is foolish to suggest the "Silver Surfer" might be incapable of leaving the planet (especially if you weren't there when Galatus cursed him)

The alleged attempted theft of Hyperstorms powers was a red herring to distract from Doom's true aim

:doom:

T'Jai said:
BAH!!! Doom found the beyonders powers... unweildy why else do you think Doom allowed the heros to be revived long enough to "distract" Doom!

Misinformation is not arrogance it is foolish to suggest the "Silver Surfer" might be incapable of leaving the planet (especially if you weren't there when Galatus cursed him)

The alleged attempted theft of Hyperstorms powers was a red herring to distract from Doom's true aim

:doom:

He was tricked into going through the barrier. Arrogance. He should've known better. But those were simper days.

lol And the Beyonder tricked Doom. Admit it!! :thing:

Mistress Gluon said:
He was tricked into going through the barrier. Arrogance. He should've known better. But those were simper days.

lol And the Beyonder tricked Doom. Admit it!! :thing:
NEVER!!! Doom is beyond falling for such parlor tricks, everything happened according to Doom's plan.

T'Jai said:
NEVER!!! Doom is beyond falling for such parlor tricks, everything happened according to Doom's plan.

Actually, it was all part of Galactus' plan. :D

Mistress Gluon said:
Actually, it was all part of Galactus' plan. :D
Which was accounted for and factored into Doom's plan!!!!

Insufferable FOOL!! you dare to risk the Wrath Of Doom!!
Doom!! DOOM!!!

(jk just in case sombody decides to mistaken my levity for actual irritation)

T'Jai said:
Which was accounted for and factored into Doom's plan!!!!

Insufferable FOOL!! you dare to risk the Wrath Of Doom!!
Doom!! DOOM!!!

(jk just in case sombody decides to mistaken my levity for actual irritation)

XD I'd actually hope not. But if you were to replace Doom with Batman...

I'd probably think you were serious, and would have to kill you. :mad:

Well I'm serious about Doom's Bad-assed-ness, ( but the tone of my last few posts was obviously not) Doom is almost never defeated he's just distracted long enough that he decides his original goal is no longer worth it

Best Comic Villian Ever!!

lol He's overpowered and defeated often enough by his arrogance. But you're right. Doom IS a badass. Galactus badass? No. Surfer badass? More than. Squirrel Girl badass? Not a chance.

Iron Man is only defeating Doom in the polls because the polls are controlled by that blasted Richards.

Darthphere said:
Dr. Doom, because hes ****ing Dr. Doom. He beat the Beyonder for god's sake. Iron man really has no chance if its written well.

Wasnt it established in Secret Wars that the Beyonder, in fact, ALLOWED Doom to take his power, in order to study Doom and see what he would do with it?

Regardless, if both are wearing their current suits, then i'd give it to Tony.

Franklin Richards said:
During Unthinkable, Doom cast an anti-tech spell over Latveria. All of Reeds gizmos went kablooie! Don't know why he couldn't do a similar thing in a smaller area. Then it would be Victor vs. Stark hand to hand. In that matchup, I'd go with Vic.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Meh. Mandarin's done that before, but Iron Man still prevailed.

CaptainStacy said:
Wasnt it established in Secret Wars that the Beyonder, in fact, ALLOWED Doom to take his power, in order to study Doom and see what he would do with it?

Regardless, if both are wearing their current suits, then i'd give it to Tony.

Correct. The Beyonder, in part of his infinite search for entertainment, allowed Doom to have it.

Put it this way, Galactus with all his power and knowledge and ability to use his power couldn't get through, and he really wanted to.

A super powered Doom with power he can't really comprehend all that well shouldn't have been able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"