is joker dead?

titan101

Sidekick
Reaction score
i mean,after what happened in batman#650 with the explosion and everything,do you think he's dead?i sure do hope not.he's too awesome to die!

No he's not dead, I beleive that the July solicitations of one of the Batman comics has said that he will appear in it.

Joker is never going to die except maybe in one of Frank Miller's stupid books.

Joker already died in DKR. How could he die again in the same universe?

Don't underestimate that hack job, he'd bring him back and kill him again. Everything after DKR just went downhill for him.

Too true.

EDIT: Actually, he did Year One after DKR, so everything went downhill after Year One. Except for Sin City.

lol, well I'll rephrase what I said. Everything in continuity after DKR from Miller sucked.

He always does that. First he makes something good then craps it up. Sin City series was good until he made "bad place and Back" which was awful.

Actually, I was glancing through "Batman:Return of Hush" Paperback at a books store the other day. The Joker was cool in that one. He had cool goons, he was hanging out with his bud Oswald, he went into a speech about how every criminal in Gotham is going soft and he's the reason they can still make it in Gotham. It was great. Until...

I saw The Joker running naked in a feild of grass.

I miss the old Clown Prince of Crime Joker, when he didn't run anywhere naked :(.

Also, I want Hush to die. In a big bad way. His part in the play is over. Joker should get revenge.

Joker always escapes death, since Batman #1, where he accidentally stabs himself during a fight with Batman and falls silent and lifeless on the ground. As an ambulance speeds the Joker's apparent corpse to the morgue, an attending physician is shocked "I just examined this man-he isn't dead. He's alive!" And about the Joker's apparent death scene in the movie, Jack Nicholson said "I know how to bring him back to life. There (Warner Brothers) hung up on: I died in the first picture. Are they kidding?" Even Tim Burton said "The thing is, with the Joker, not that he's like Freddy Kruger or Jason from the Friday the 13th, with the Joker there's always away."

They'll never kill Joker in continuity...when they even play with the idea pissed off fan boys come out of the woodwork...although as long as it was meaningful, I think it would work...like, have him take Alfred or Gordon with him :o

Mr. Socko said:

hey man i think its good idea Frank Miller killed Joker so in a way that means Bruce doesnt have to be Batman

Mr. Socko said:

DKR is not considered to be cannon, is it? Well, there are elements that are considered to be partially canon and have been adopted into the main DC stream, but not every single element.

I liked the Joker's death in DKR, but the Joker should never die - as long as Batman lives, so shall Joker.

(Which is what did happen in DKR - Batman is...dead and buried and the Joker is too)

In the current installment of DC Nation, Dan Didio mentions that Brian Azzarello is working on a new series pitch featuring Joker.

I hope it gets green-lit, asap.

I'm excited because i was a big fan of Joker's short-lived series as a kid, and i would really like to see what Azzarello can do with him today.

CaptainStacy said:
In the current installment of DC Nation, Dan Didio mentions that Brian Azzarello is working on a new series pitch featuring Joker.

I hope it gets green-lit, asap.

I'm excited because i was a big fan of Joker's short-lived series as a kid, and i would really like to see what Azzarello can do with him today.

Ew....EW EW EW EW...I hated, no, loathed his art in Broken City...the story itself was stupid too.

trustyside-kick said:
Ew....EW EW EW EW...I hated, no, loathed his art in Broken City...the story itself was stupid too.

No word yet on if he will be doing both writing AND pencil chores...or even if Didio will give him the go-ahead with this project.

trustyside-kick said:

Really? Personally, I wish more Bat-arcs were written with that cold, noir tone.

I don't think they would kill of the Joker. But we will find out later on in One Year Later how and why they were all gone for a year.

god...they might give joker a series again, and they might be giving it to one of the few authors I hate so much that I won't read anything by ever again...Broken City was boring and Batman was just a whiney little b**ch who couldn't track down a common street thug...For Tomorrow was incredibly pretentious...who bets that if he gets the Joker series it'll be 12 issues of Joker talking to a priest about how bad he feels about killing all those people, then he becomes a guitar who can't do anything he could do easily before?

trustyside-kick said:
uh....azzarello didnt do the art for broken city...because, uh....he's not an artistst.....he's just a writer. and the story for broken city ruled.

Motown Marvel said:
uh....azzarello didnt do the art for broken city...because, uh....he's not an artistst.....he's just a writer. and the story for broken city ruled.

Ya I noticed the mistake in that but still, Broken City sucked in all ways.

I dunno.....Broken City was fine......some parts sucked....but, overall...it wasn't so bad. But....following right on the heels of Hush....yeah....I see what you mean.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I dunno.....Broken City was fine......some parts sucked....but, overall...it wasn't so bad. But....following right on the heels of Hush....yeah....I see what you mean.

^

True, it wasn't as organized or passionate as HUSH, but I really, really liked the artowrk and Azzrello's writing gave us some cool scenes. I like a lot of the little moments, such as when Bruce is thinking about the parents that were murdered while weightlifting.

Mr. Socko said:
lol, well I'll rephrase what I said. Everything in continuity after DKR from Miller sucked.
DKR isn't in continuity. :o
trustyside-kick said:
Ya I noticed the mistake in that but still, Broken City sucked in all ways.
No, you suck in one, very specific, very sexual, way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"