The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the brown man returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
by now, I'm sure it is common knowledge that the brown man from asm was the guy in the trailers saying things like "do you think wat happened to you peter, was an accident? do you have any idea what you really are?"

but that these scenes were cut from the movie. with that being said, were those lines and scenes cut from the story completely or were they just moved and shifted into the plot of asm2?

if it is gone completely that's just friggin false advertisement :o

Brown man? I'm sorry, but that's a really offensive way to refer to someone. Even if you forgot the character's name, you can easily look it up or come up with another name for him, like "Norman's assistant" or something like that.

Well, anyways, Dr. Ratha is not returning. He died in a deleted scene and a Daily Bugle tumblr post confirmed his death is canon.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mgr5zdPcya1ruz8y9.gif

Brown man? I'm sorry, but that's a really offensive way to refer to someone. Even if you forgot the character's name, you can easily look it up or come up with another name for him, like "Norman's assistant" or something like that.

Well, anyways, Dr. Ratha is not returning. He died in a deleted scene and a Daily Bugle tumblr post confirmed his death is canon.

how in the world is that offensive? it's not like I used a derogatory term, it's just a way to describe him; hell, I'm brown, most of the people in my family are brown, and most people I know would describe dr. ratha from asm as the brown man.

when did connors eat him?

No the lizard ate the "brown man" according to the daily bugle tumblr.

so it just happened off screen?

which means that all those lines from the trailers were straight up false advertisement :o

how in the world is that offensive? it's not like I used a derogatory term, it's just a way to describe him; hell, I'm brown, most of the people in my family are brown, and most people I know would describe dr. ratha from asm as the brown man.

when did connors eat him?

When you refer to him as just "The Brown Man," it sounds a little demeaning and somewhat insensitive. I know many people of brown skin color that would not appreciate being referred to as "the brown man" or "the brown woman." Just re-read your post a few more times until you better understand. I don't think you meant to be offensive intentionally, but just reconsider your word choice, that's all.

And to answer your question, the Lizard ate Dr. Ratha's head in a deleted scene.

When you refer to him as just "The Brown Man," it sounds a little demeaning and somewhat insensitive. I know many people of brown skin color that would not appreciate being referred to as "the brown man" or "the brown woman." Just re-read your post a few more times until you better understand. I don't think you meant to be offensive intentionally, but just reconsider your word choice, that's all.

And to answer your question, the Lizard ate Dr. Ratha's head in a deleted scene.

I can see where you're coming from with that but in all honesty I don't see anything wrong with it. If Irrfan Khan didn't do slumdog millionaire, he probably wouldn't have even gotten this role. It's not like these films have a diverse cast of actors in it, there was this one brown actor in the film that kinda stuck out by being brown;it's the equivalent of someone asking, 'who was that black guy from batman begins/dark knight/dark knight rises series?'

but his race had absolutely nothing to do with his character (besides his name), and I think that's absolutely great that they chose to do that.

but anyways, it is still false advertisement in my opinion because a conversation like the one that sounded like it was going on in the trailers between peter and ratha, sounded like one that could have come a much huger revelation, since it actually was an accident in the film...

by now, I'm sure it is common knowledge that the brown man from asm was the guy in the trailers saying things like "do you think wat happened to you peter, was an accident? do you have any idea what you really are?"

but that these scenes were cut from the movie. with that being said, were those lines and scenes cut from the story completely or were they just moved and shifted into the plot of asm2?

787939471.gif

Last edited:

Gif-s320x240-221790-580a.gif

"Brown man?" Wow....

Shocked.gif

114.gif

You couldn't have called him, oh I don't know, Indian-American? Go back to the Klan.

"Brown man?" Wow....

Shocked.gif

114.gif

You couldn't have called him, oh I don't know, Indian-American? Go back to the Klan.

first of all, did you read any of the rest of my posts concerning the "insensitivity" in my op? specifically this post?

secondly, the irrfan khan ISN'T indian american, he's straight up indian

third, I myself am also brown and you're telling me to do what? go back to the KLAN?

pretty sure they don't let any brown guys there -_-

smh, not even reading my posts and assuming i'm white

first of all, did you read any of the rest of my posts concerning the "insensitivity" in my op? specifically this post?

secondly, the irrfan khan ISN'T indian american, he's straight up indian

third, I myself am also brown and you're telling me to do what? go back to the KLAN?

pretty sure they don't let any brown guys there -_-

smh, not even reading my posts and assuming i'm white

Ok, my bad on that part but why call someone a 'brown man'? Or even make a thread with the title being "Is the brown man returning?" Least you could've done is look up the actor's name ahead of time or at the very least gone and saw that on the Daily Bugle Tumblr page they confirmed he was dead, or better yet watch the deleted scenes which shows his fate.

Just saying.

The Klan remark was out of line I will admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"