It's a Bird! It's a Plane! David Corenswet IS Superman!

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Your Last Son of Krypton thread. :p

There are only two :ninja:

7wcz20zddhs11.png

0ef6043e-24e1-4f48-ba9d-775be0d0bae2-getty-1177352090.jpg

I just hope Alfred Enoch gets some decent work sometime soon. He keeps popping up in stuff periodically but as characters that barely do anything. And that’s a shame because he’s talented. He was one of the best parts of HTGAWM. The show wasn’t the same after he left.

Been watching the new season of Euphoria, and I’m back on the Jacob Elordi train. His character is NOTHING like Clark but the guy is a great actor, and he’s got the look and the size. Also young (24) so they could get some longevity out of him, especially if they took a page from JJ’s old Superman script and set a film while Clark is in college (or just after). That might be interesting to see. I think perhaps the best way to go about this is in a way similar to what Reeves is doing with Batman; set a film early in Superman’s career but not an origin. Maybe a quick intro origin like in All-Star Superman during the opening credits but then we get on with the story.

This is assuming of course that WB has any actual plans for Superman at all, lol.

I don't have a problem with Jacob Elordi being cast as Superman, he certainly would look impressive in the suit as he is very imposing at 6 foot five. I just am not sure he would take the role, he does seem to have issues with comments about his physique from the "Kissing Booth"era, though he is on the cover of some work out/men's health magazine recently, so who knows. He has either changed his mind, or doesn't care much about it any longer.

My dark horse candidate is British actor Leo Suter, smart(Oxford), tall(six two), handsome square jawed, talented, and since he is in the Netflix sequel to "Vikings" very buff lately. British Cavill was a failure, Leo could redeem the character as a Brit.

I have to check out that new Vikings show. I’m not familiar with Suter but yeah; I have no issues with another Brit playing Supes (or an Aussie like Elordi). I never understood the “Superman has to be played by an American!” nonsense from back in the day. Hopefully by now, people don’t care about that but you never know, I guess. People always find something to be outraged about.

Amen!

789ee667c2b25c7b3aefe0c191ef083e5b1a0d82.gifv

NUP_184592_0167.jpg

That's a Clark.

And I'm pretty sure everyone on the Supes board already knows I've been on the David train since he's been on the scene, lol.
ok, this bloke has got me questioning my sexuality... he's jacked and good looking... that gif of him, that's clark for sure... honestly at this point, I just want the character to be done right and given to an actor that has range... also, I can see what it will mean to kids seeing him as their superman.

I also want Idris Elba in a Superman movie... he would be a great Perry white to this clark.

Last edited:
Been watching the new season of Euphoria, and I’m back on the Jacob Elordi train. His character is NOTHING like Clark but the guy is a great actor, and he’s got the look and the size. Also young (24) so they could get some longevity out of him, especially if they took a page from JJ’s old Superman script and set a film while Clark is in college (or just after). That might be interesting to see. I think perhaps the best way to go about this is in a way similar to what Reeves is doing with Batman; set a film early in Superman’s career but not an origin. Maybe a quick intro origin like in All-Star Superman during the opening credits but then we get on with the story.

This is assuming of course that WB has any actual plans for Superman at all, lol.
Just came in here so suggest Elordi.

Just came in here so suggest Elordi.

Glad to see that this suggestion is getting more support. To be fair, I’ve only seen Elordi in one role but he’s REALLY good in it. And while I’ve never been one to get hung up on height with these roles, it definitely doesn’t hurt to have a Superman that towers over everyone.

And for what it’s worth, Euphoria is insanely popular right now. That’s a credit to the entire cast but it would indicate that his star is on the rise.

Nice. I really love the Fleischer symbol, or even just replacing the classic symbol with black in the yellow parts. It’s such a powerful design. 45FD7E2B-6C2B-4363-AA80-9705032C1A34.jpeg

It is frightening how amazing Corenswet looks in manips. Like directly out of the comics

I have to say, I’m not a fan of the red-on-black S unless it’s a Kingdom Come adaptation. Fleischer is an icon but I personally don’t care for the design.

I have to say, I’m not a fan of the red-on-black S unless it’s a Kingdom Come adaptation. Fleischer is an icon but I personally don’t care for the design.
Agree with you 100%. Here's the most iconic of them all to me (even though I'm in the camp that I never want to see live action Superman with trunks ever again).

STM-muscle-suit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"