• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

James Cameron: kind of a big deal?

turtlefocker

Superhero
Reaction score
"The seafaring nations of Europe grew mighty from the wealth returned from the discovery and settlement of the New World. Those societies who stayed home languished, those who embraced the unknown prospered. Seen broadly, we are a species which owes its current success to Exploration."
-James Cameron

325px-James_Cameron.jpg

Cameron is always talked about in high esteem, I can understand this to an extent because he has made some truly amazing films but I think a lot of what is said is an exaggeration. For instance I always here about him pioneering new technologies, what exactly has he "pioneered", did he really change the way films were made as is often said by his fans. I have even read in a few posts scattered across the internet that he has helped nasa and built underwater devices that have revolutionized diving. Is Cameron a leader and Pioneer outside of the world of film aswell?

enlighten me

Cant some amazingly intelligent know-it-all come in here and enlighten me

Well he loves to be first with new specail effects, the morphing software for T-1000 from ILM forinstance and with the new 3d one with Avatar.

As for outside of film, he has had a massive hand in research on the titanic WAY! after the film had come out so that would explain the diving side because he has had many hours expericance underwater in a sub

Haha!

turtlefocker :D

Cameron likes to explore things, there is a reason he hasn't made a film in 10 years, and it isn't because he is a lazy ass.

pffft ILM > WETA

his new movie wont be all that its hyped up to be

cameron works always very tight with the CGI company. he pushes them always to the extreme.

digital domain was working on titanic and they used CGGI humans on the titanic.

pffft ILM > WETA

his new movie wont be all that its hyped up to be

What ILM done thats so great recently????

*looks it up*

Transformers..... oh, yeah thats pretty dam good :)

We shall see what Avatar is like, but yeah its getting atad over hyped for a film that going to be out in 2009!

True but he was the first to use it and all haha

His new pet is WETA now anyway
he worked with ILM on abys and terminator. he worked with digital domain for titanic. he tested if i reemmber correctly a lot of CGI houses for avatar. weta was the best for what he need.

*looks it up*

We shall see what Avatar is like, but yeah its getting atad over hyped for a film that going to be out in 2009!

people make it out to be one of the best movies of the decade... and nothing has been shown or told thats that amazing.

Avatar the last airbender '09:ninja:

*looks it up*

ILM did a CGI human in terminator 2 that looked like silver. morphing techonolgy where they used the real actor and a CGI human. draco form dragon heart,.......
davy jones that is IMO 99.99999999 perfect.

and if i remember correctly some people from sony imageworks and weta are from ILM.

he worked with ILM on abys and terminator. he worked with digital domain for titanic. he tested if i reemmber correctly a lot of CGI houses for avatar. weta was the best for what he need.

Ummm yeah? i know he worked with ILM on those films... and now he is working with WETA on Avatar. thats what i was getting at?

ILM did a CGI human in terminator 2 that looked like silver. morphing techonolgy where they used the real actor and a CGI human. draco form dragon heart,.......
davy jones that is IMO 99.99999999 perfect.

and if i remember correctly some people from sony imageworks and weta are from ILM.

Why are you quoting me and telling me stuff i already know and have stated above? did you even get past "What have ILM done thats so great?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"