James McTeigue to take on Bloodsport

Obviously, Scott Adkins will play the lead.

I just feel like this will bomb. It's a fool's errand.

This is really not necessary.

It's funny how today, we also got a 'Kickboxer' remake announcement too.

Seriously, is Hollywood that creatively bankrupt that they are remaking Van Damme martial arts flicks now? I mean I enjoyed those movies a lot for what they were, but why? These movies aren't huge brands or anything. I don't see the point in remaking them.

Also I mean Kickboxer? Seriously?

So will 'Kickboxer' and 'Bloodsport' crossover for 'BloodKick'?

But yes, VileOne, this is petty and downright stupid. They're gonna bomb.

I mean look, just make your own martial arts flick.

Honestly, I think there's a big lack of quality martial arts flicks these days and I wouldn't mind more. Just make something new and different. Doesn't have to be big budget.

bad idea imo

bloodsport is my fav. van damme film but it is also a product of it's era some films should remain in it's era

^ I totally agree, it's the same as remaking Commando they're products of the amazing 80's leave them alone, some films are ok to be remade some not.

Old school action movies aren't even that big anymore. Taken, Transporter,The Expendables and a few others are the only ones that do any sort of serious business at the box office these days.

problem is movies like bloodsport and kick boxer is they were vehicles for van damme and movies excelled at what jcvd was great at "Martial Arts"

this reboot is likely not even gonna cast a martial artist

Well, one of the producers is a martial artist, so lets not melt down just yet.

probably get statham he is the only popular know martial artist actor who doesn't suck at acting

I'm pretty sure 'doesn't suck at acting' wont be something they're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"