Jay and Silent Bob Reboot

MbJiVbg.jpg

There's a clip just released yesterday called Brodie's Secret Stash where he explains to Jay and Silent Bob what a reboot is, like Holden explained the internet in the last one. It's got some language so you gotta find it on Youtube. :o

I just saw this with a packed audience at a Fathom Events screening (in New Jersey), and it was so much fun! I think it may be my new favorite Kevin Smith movie. It was exactly what I was hoping for. It blends his over the top goofball humor side with his sentimental side in a way that I found surprisingly effective. It definitely takes the meta humor of the first film to the Nth degree in some hilarious ways. I'm not sure how it'll play watching at home alone, but seeing it with a crowd who was super into it definitely enhanced the experience for me. I'm glad Kevin revisited the Askewinverse, and really excited for Clerks 3 now.

Also, Affleck's scene was so perfect. I won't spoil it, but I loved it. Highlight of the film.

Last edited:
I really need to check this out this week.

I had no idea Jay could speak High Valayrian

I just saw this with a packed audience at a Fathom Events screening (in New Jersey), and it was so much fun! I think it may be my new favorite Kevin Smith movie. It was exactly what I was hoping for. It blends his over the top goofball humor side with his sentimental side in a way that I found surprisingly effective. It definitely takes the meta humor of the first film to the Nth degree in some hilarious ways. I'm not sure how it'll play watching at home alone, but seeing it with a crowd who was super into it definitely enhanced the experience for me. I'm glad Kevin revisited the Askewinverse, and really excited for Clerks 3 now.

Also, Affleck's scene was so perfect. I won't spoil it, but I loved it. Highlight of the film.
I saw it too at an Fathom Event in in New Mexico. I agree about Affleck, but I also loved Melissa Benoist's scene.

I'm genuinely curious how well this Fathom Event is selling, as the cherry that is "financing Clerks III" is dangling by it apparently. The Reboot Roadshow sold out within minutes here in Atlanta, which led to them adding a second showing that night, which is at like 85-90% capacity right now.

Really enjoyed, might like it more than strike back. the meta humor was on point and it was more sentimental than I anticipated. I'll buy the blu ray once it's out.

I saw it too at an Fathom Event in in New Mexico. I agree about Affleck, but I also loved Melissa Benoist's scene.
Was Melissa just in this one scene then? I wanted to go, but couldn't find the time last night

tumblr_pxzek6X3Z51vrc92eo7_640.gif

Really enjoyed, might like it more than strike back. the meta humor was on point and it was more sentimental than I anticipated. I'll buy the blu ray once it's out.

Having rewatched the original recently, I think Reboot is the better of the two by a mile. Nothing against the original, but this one has some of that Clerks 2 flavor blended in that makes for a more satisfying experience. I think it balances the funny and the emotional better than any of his films. Some people cried at my screening.

Encouraging. Looking forward to seeing it.

Ben stopped talking to him for about a decade. I'm happy they're friends again and Ben's in the movie.

Well, Ben wasn't ignoring him. They just didn't touch base. At least that's what I got out of Smith's explanation.

The nepotism with his daughter just takes me out of the movie. I'll watch this at some point, I'm sure.

Well, Ben wasn't ignoring him. They just didn't touch base. At least that's what I got out of Smith's explanation.

The nepotism with his daughter just takes me out of the movie. I'll watch this at some point, I'm sure.

Well, apparently, Affleck didn't ''touch base'' with Smith when he had his heart attack. Looks like they weren't speaking to me.

I'm glad they've reconnected though.

Ben giving a speech at the TCL Chinese theater ceremony for Kevin and Jay. This will do your 90s heart good.

Ben giving a speech at the TCL Chinese theater ceremony for Kevin and Jay. This will do your 90s heart good.

My teenage years were defined by Smith's movies, so their drift bummed me out that they'd stopped working together. They both have each had a tumultuous decade-plus, professional and personally, but they always seemed to shoulder it and take accountability. It's so hard not to root for them as individuals and as friends. It's downright heartwarming to see them come out the other end of all this.

I used to really enjoy Kevin Smith’s movies but a recent re-watch of all his ViewAskew films was kind of painful. I’m curious how this film will work now for me. I feel his comedy feels very dated.

I used to really enjoy Kevin Smith’s movies but a recent re-watch of all his ViewAskew films was kind of painful. I’m curious how this film will work now for me. I feel his comedy feels very dated.

I felt the same about his old movies going into this, but I think the new movie finds a nice sweet spot of being a throwback while feeling creatively reenergized. I think Kevin's personality that we've come to know through his podcasting, Q&As, and prevalence in geek culture really comes through in this movie.

Mind you, it's still very niche and it's definitely aimed at longtime fans. But I think it hits all the right notes.

Haven't seen it yet but as soon as I learned that
the Chinese girl's name is Shan Yu I started cracking up.

If this is true....I'll just say it.....Jan 21st ;)

Smith brings up the nepotism with his daughter in the film. Smith has always put his family and friends in films/tv shows though. Jason Mewes would not have a career if Smith didn't cast him in his stuff.

I never got the vibe Affleck and Smith fell out like Ewan McGregor and Danny Boyle did. Always sounded like Affleck and Smith just drifted a part a bit which happens at times with friendships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"