Jeff Bridges to star in CIA drama 'The old man' for FX

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Jeff Bridges to Star in FX Straight-to-Series CIA Drama 'The Old Man'

Oscar winner Jeff Bridges is making his series-regular debut and will star in FX drama The Old Man, which has been ordered straight to series at the now Disney-owned cable network.

Based on Thomas Perry's best-selling book by the same name, The Old Man sees Bridges play Dan Chase, a retired CIA officer who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the seasoned operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past.

Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine (Black Sails) will pen the script and exec produce the drama, which hails from Fox 21 Television Studios-based Warren Littlefield. Dan Shotz, Bridges and David Schiff will also exec produce. Production on the pilot begins in the fall.

This looks awesome and is easily one of my most anticipated shows for the rest of the year. You just can't go wrong with Jeff Bridges being a badass not to mention John Lithgow.

Jon Watts directed the 1st 2 episodes.

this looks expensive af

Looks really really good. However, not sure about it as a series vs miniseries

Taking a page out of Liam Neesons book. I wonder how long ago this was filmed. I heard he was diagnosed with Lymphoma but looks to be healing

Premiers this Thursday

Very impressed with the first 2 episodes, the actor who they got to play a young version of John Lithgow's character has absolutely nailed his voice and mannerisms.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe Lithgow performed the scene in the opening of the second episode, and then the actor who portrayed a younger Harold just matched his mannerisms and voice.

That traffic stop scene, though. Honestly, it would've been ballsy for Dan to pop off all three officers and Zoe all at once, and I would've accepted that if just for Dan to get out of danger, but wasn't surprised when it turned out to be not real.

This show is amazing so far. Bridges is great, but Lithgow is just absolutely CRUSHING it. Not that I’m surprised; Lithgow is pretty much always awesome.

Also, great to see Alia Shawkat and Amy Brenneman again. Interested to see where things go with them.

This show is living up to my expectations and then some so far. Loving it, especially everything with Bridges and Lithgow, but also how awesome and badass are those two rottweilers.

I have a feeling they are really going to steal the show at some point if they haven't already lol.

I forgot this came out last week but recorded the first two episodes before episode three. Looking forward to checking it out.

Is John's daughter Emily and Alia Shawkat's character the same person ?

This show is amazing so far. Bridges is great, but Lithgow is just absolutely CRUSHING it. Not that I’m surprised; Lithgow is pretty much always awesome.

Also, great to see Alia Shawkat and Amy Brenneman again. Interested to see where things go with them.

I was wondering why she looked so familiar. I kept thinking 'That looks like Maeby.'

I was wondering why she looked so familiar. I kept thinking 'That looks like Maeby.'
...watch Search Party - it's fun and hilarious.

Jon Watts killed it with that car accident/fight. That looked better than anything post Homecoming for him - it felt so real and engaging.

...watch Search Party - it's fun and hilarious.

Jon Watts killed it with that car accident/fight. That looked better than anything post Homecoming for him - it felt so real and engaging.

Search Party is amazing! I feel like I need to rewatch the whole show to really absorb how bat**** crazy it got throughout the course of its run.

Enjoyed the 3rd episode, only complaint is I kind of wish they didn't do the 'Emily/Angela' reveal so soon (and I'm starting to wonder if she's not Dan's daughter but Faraz Hamzad's, which is why Faraz is after Dan in the 1st place)

Was wondering if this was going to be renewed given Bridge's current health

Time magazine gave it a tepid review but I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Good enough for a second season anyhow. :)

Dave and Carol better be back for S2

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"