Jeff Bridges to star in CIA drama 'The old man' for FX

That was fast! I really expected this to be a one-season-and-done sort of show, but I'm not complaining that we'll be getting more.

Been a slow buildup, however I really love how Lithgow and Shawkat play off each other , I could have listened to them talk to each other for the entire episode while they were in the plane.

The last couple of episodes have been somewhat slow which I've seen a lot of complaints about from people who were on board for the first three episodes, but I personally will never get tired of seeing John Lithgow acting his ass off in this show because he is that great in it and Alia Shawkat is definitely holding her own as well. Also, I've said this before, but I really do appreciate it when a show takes its time to build its characters.

Last edited:
Binge watched this over the last few days, really enjoyed it, Bridges and Lithgow are fantastic in it and I thought Alia Shawkat was brilliant in a very complex role while Amy Brenneman's character developed interesingly across the season.

Is there definitely going to be a season 2? And was this season just half the book or is there more books?

Binge watched this over the last few days, really enjoyed it, Bridges and Lithgow are fantastic in it and I thought Alia Shawkat was brilliant in a very complex role while Amy Brenneman's character developed interesingly across the season.

Is there definitely going to be a season 2? And was this season just half the book or is there more books?
Season 2 is already greenlit (according to Deadline) as for the book I believe they made plenty of changes from the original story (believe this is just based off one book)

Season 2 is already greenlit (according to Deadline) as for the book I believe they made plenty of changes from the original story (believe this is just based off one book)

Thanks :up: Glad we're going to get a conclusion to the story at least.

Please be more like the first 3-4 episodes and less like the latter.

I really struggled with this one by season's end. I don't think I'm going to bother. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"