Jeremy Saulnier's Rebel Ridge on Netflix

StarLord

<<<<<<<<<<
Reaction score
Saulnier is quality and he's been overdue for a release.

I'm down. Guessing it'll be a 2021 release.

Loving this Johnson resurgence.

Makes joke about not doing anything for Disney Plus. Also signs on to a streaming service movie the next year. So much for being a cinematic actor only, huh John haha.

Makes joke about not doing anything for Disney Plus. Also signs on to a streaming service movie the next year. So much for being a cinematic actor only, huh John haha.
:whatever:

Meh. I know Boyega was kidding around anyway . I just found this amusing.

To be fair, I get his point. And I get why this is different. But I'm too lazy to explain it right now, so figure it out for yourselves

Whoa, jeez. So now they have to reshoot everything?

They started shooting on May 3rd. I would guess that's about half the shooting schedule for a Saulnier film. Man, tough break.

Aye, that sucks. Wonder who they'll get to replace him.

John Boyega’s Netflix ‘Rebel Ridge’ Exit: Behind the Departure – The Hollywood Reporter

According to sources, there seemed to be no one incident that prompted Boyega to leave in the midst of shooting. Several insiders, however, say the star had myriad issues ranging from the script to his accommodations.

Top Netflix executives, including head of global films Scott Stuber and co-CEO Ted Sarandos, tried to persuade the star to return to the set without success.

In the wake of Boyega’s departure, Netflix was unable to find a quick replacement. The production has disbanded for now, with plans to resume with a new lead early next year.

Ffs. Dick move, Boyega.

If he left the set without decent cause, wouldn't that be breach of contract?

Also, his agent said he left over family reasons. So, I won't necessarily throw a guy under the bus without knowing all the details.

Boyega’s decision to exit the film would seem to preclude an insurance claim for money lost due to the shutdown of the production. Industry insiders say Netflix would not sue, though it would appear that an actor could face liability for leaving a project of his own volition while shooting was underway.

Yeah, we don't know the full context yet. But it is strange how your lead actor just left without telling anyone though.

Others seem to be suggesting he left over script disputes. If they don't sue, I imagine it could be because Netflix doesn't want to drag this out with a long and painful legal mess. Or I dunno.

The whole situation seems very bizarre to me.

I'm seriously wondering if he's in some sort of legal trouble or running from someone. Tho I've seen speculation that he may have suffered some sort of mental breakdown. A severe medical diagnosis is another possibility.

Yeah, we don't know the full context yet. But it is strange how your lead actor just left without telling anyone though.

Short of him being assaulted, and I mean seriously assaulted, hospitalized, or fearing for his life or incapacitated in some other way there's no good reason that he couldn't give some notice. Its not hard to text, call, or scribble a note.

Last edited:
No, but until the full context is known, it's hard for me to judge. They said "family matters." For all we know, that could still be apart of it and is very private. My point is none we don't know the full picture to form a proper opinion. We really don't know anything except some extrapolated details. That THR article made it almost seem like a negative piece on him. I think there's more to this story. Whether if we know the full details, I guess we'll find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"